Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Open lid and let moisture evaporate to trigger pinning?
    #9924802 - 03/06/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

I had some extra coir and spawn, but I was out of casing material so I just thew it in a tray, which I then put in a plastic tub with some perlite after it was fully colonized.

This is the first time I've worked with uncased substrate. Its been fully colonized for a week and a half now with no pins. There is a considerable amount of moisture visible on the surface of the substrate, though I fan it often throughout the day.

I recall reading that the evaporation of moisture is a major pinning trigger, so I was thinking that I should perhaps leave the lid off the FC for a while until the visible moisture evaporates, then mist to make up for it.

Is this a good idea, or should I just let it be?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Open lid and let moisture evaporate to trigger pinning? [Re: sorahtak]
    #9924921 - 03/06/09 07:15 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

The visible condensate on the surface can delay pinning.I think you should try to keep the temperature differential tighter and that will reduce the condensate.Opening the lid will help to keep the humidity alittle lower.A slight drop in humidity is a strong signal to fruit.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags