Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineqpon01
Stranger
False sense of Reality
    #9917259 - 03/05/09 02:37 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Hello, After doing shrooms it almost feels like a false sense of reality. Like no matter what I see, It is an illusion created. The only reason I know its not true is that because I know that a chemical physically changed the way I was thinking while I was on shrooms, but I have random anxiety attacks that make me feel like it actually might not all be real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: qpon01]
    #9917315 - 03/05/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

I suggest you quit for awhile, now.

However your observations might just be correct. You're just not stable enough to go there yet.

Edited by Icelander (03/05/09 02:58 PM)

OfflineTeamAmerica
 User Gallery

#9917414 - 03/05/09 02:54 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Remember, most people in our world don't have the heart to think and expand the way some of us do.

Nature loves courage.

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #9917427 - 03/05/09 02:56 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Your model of reality, your paradigm of the universe, has been exposed for what it is, a representation of reality.  This is not, in itself, a bad realization.  However, it is very important for survival that we have these models in our minds in order to successfully 'navigate' in the universe.  I suggest that you follow Icelander's advice.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

Offlineqpon01
Stranger
    #9917712 - 03/05/09 03:29 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

they're really random attacks of feelings of impending doom....

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #9917729 - 03/05/09 03:30 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

We are getting closer to 2012....

:grin:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9917759 - 03/05/09 03:35 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

qpon01 said:
they're really random attacks of feelings of impending doom....

This most likely is death anxiety, due to the fact that the shrooms broke into the cultural stories you have been lead to believe were reality. Now you know there is no assurances in this life. Everything goes down the rabbit hole and it's not at all under your (or anybody else's) control. Yet we are all lulled when we are told everything is or is about to be under control.

You will have to learn how to live with all this new info. Or fall apart or stick your head back further into the sand.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineqpon01
Stranger
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: Icelander]
    #9917819 - 03/05/09 03:44 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

I did the shrooms last night and ive had maybe 4 hours of sleep, is it possible that the flashbacks or anxiety feelings are just the chemical still in my system being triggered? I'm just trying to understand why I would even have those thoughts when I know that everything around me is what I've always known as reality, because I see everything as normal but its a lingering feeling its getting weaker but its random things. It does feel similiar to the feelings i had when I was younger and accepted that death is inevitable, is it possible that I just need to accept that the thought will remain even though its a dellusion? I just don't know how to fix it.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9917967 - 03/05/09 04:07 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Maybe it doen'st need to be "fixed". Almost all growth or change comes with some anxiety.

But let me repeat, this seems like more than you can handle right now. Just get rest and exercise and let it fade. It usually does and then you can decide later about that ol rabbit hole.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9918058 - 03/05/09 04:25 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

I think for a brief time you understood what you meant about False sense of reality,
but now you can't understand that expanded consciousness reference to the more limited scope of sober thinking.

pace yourself,
one day you may see it again, but be prepared to forget it a few times before the understanding sticks and you can use it in a good way.

right now I can't see that it is helping you - so let it go.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9918326 - 03/05/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

qpon01 said:
Hello, After doing shrooms it almost feels like a false sense of reality. Like no matter what I see, It is an illusion created. The only reason I know its not true is that because I know that a chemical physically changed the way I was thinking while I was on shrooms, but I have random anxiety attacks that make me feel like it actually might not all be real.

This is a textbook description of depersonalization/derealization (DP/DR) coupled with anxiety attacks.  Lay off all the drugs (including weed), eat a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep well until your symptoms go away.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: deCypher]
    #9918475 - 03/05/09 05:41 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

qpon01 said:

This is a textbook description of depersonalization/derealization (DP/DR) coupled with anxiety attacks.  Lay off all the drugs (including weed), eat a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep well until your symptoms go away.

Yeah, listen to deCypher. This is not some prophecy hippie nonsense crap this is an actual problem.

--------------------

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: learningtofly]
    #9918866 - 03/05/09 06:49 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

icelander and decypher have it right....this might be helpful insight one day, but now that ur sober u arent comprehending this and its fucking u up

"Lay off all the drugs (including weed), eat a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep well until your symptoms go away. "  im in full agreement

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: teeter]
    #9918906 - 03/05/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Before any of that, since you've had a powerful psychedelic experience and gotten little sleep, just go to bed! get a good night's sleep, a good breakfast, and go from there.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #9918995 - 03/05/09 07:14 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

If everything you see wasn't real then what else would it be?

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: False sense of Reality [Re: xFrockx]
    #9919006 - 03/05/09 07:16 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Imaginary?  :lol:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #9919157 - 03/05/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Which is where?

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
    #9919261 - 03/05/09 07:52 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Imaginary?  :lol:

i lol'd

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

Re: False sense of Reality [Re: teeter]
    #9919387 - 03/05/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

silly muffin, thought he was a man.

--------------------

Offlineqpon01
Stranger
Re: False sense of Reality [Re: xFrockx]
    #9920164 - 03/05/09 10:21 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

I just got some more sleep, the anxiety is more under control, it seems like earlier I was just having flash backs of the shrooms the ability to control everything about how I felt and everytime I started to mental trip about it again I would feel anxious but now I just feel like I can tell myself why should I feel anxiety and it seems to get rid of it.

The feeling I had wasn't that everything around me was imaginary it was a feeling that my mind and body were separated, it felt as if my mind was here but my body was somewhere else, numb even... It felt as if I couldn't breath because I didn't feel myself breathing.

The paradox I acquired from shrooms was that I felt like everything was a manipulation, it felt like even though I was hearing things It seemed like I was inventing those things being said, It was really a mental fuck up, the feeling is coming and going and I'm going to let it go, I'm done with pot, alcohol, shrooms, E... anything really. I'm almost scared to take a sleeping pill because of the body high I might get which will remind me to much of the feeling I had during shrooms and put me back into that mode. The reality I'm living in is the same as it was before shrooms, so why even think that It isn't... it boggles my mind. Im just gonna work on letting it go.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it. If you have any advice or tips on how I can recover completely just let me know.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order