Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
I used to be an intellectual drug user
    #9915549 - 03/05/09 09:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

For a while i was an intellectual drug user. It was how i defined myself, and was a fairly good description of my day to day lifestyle, life, etc..... and one of the things that an intellectual drug user does, is get high, trip, etc, and debate the interesting questions that life has posed upon us.

time and time again I would delve into these subjects with friends and foes alike. time and time again we would end up with no answer, the same answer, a different answer..... but they never stuck. the answers never felt fulfilling, or complete. So time and time again we would ask the questions throughout our same old routine.....

and i suppose that eventually just got old. the questions died out in some ways. i mean, they are still there, but after a long enough time, they just stop getting asked. At a certain point, you dont even care any more. At a certain point, i suppose that i just stopped asking the questions out of futility. I knew that there would be no answer that would satisfy my curious and questioning nature....

Not to say that there was no answer for the greater quesions of life, the universe, and everything... but that sadly it seemed that the answers either did not exist, and my attempts to question them were some sort of cozmic joke, or that the answers that i sook, seeked? were firmly out of my grasp, or far more likely my ability to understand.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: ZippoZ]
    #9915560 - 03/05/09 09:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What questions still linger?

--------------------

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #9915564 - 03/05/09 09:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
Not to say that there was no answer for the greater quesions of life, the universe, and everything... but that sadly it seemed that the answers either did not exist, and my attempts to question them were some sort of cozmic joke, or that the answers that i sook, seeked? were firmly out of my grasp, or far more likely my ability to understand.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9915577 - 03/05/09 09:34 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AmericanPsycho said:

The angle in degrees for which a rainbow appears.

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#9915584 - 03/05/09 09:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ken Kesey said:

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: idiotek]
    #9915593 - 03/05/09 09:39 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1d10t3k said:
Quote:

Ken Kesey said:

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

For sure.

Its about what you learn along the way about yourself that makes everything worth it.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

#9915596 - 03/05/09 09:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There is no answer to any of it.  That's why they made such a big joke out of it in "The Hitchhiker's Guid To the Galaxy"

--------------------

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9915603 - 03/05/09 09:41 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Theirs a difference to saying the answer isn't attainable to us right now and flat out saying their isn't an answer.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #9915606 - 03/05/09 09:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Drugs never have, and never will have "answers".

They only prompt you into asking the questions. If you take drugs to find answers you are looking in the entirely wrong place.

The only thing drugs can do is make you reconsider the questions.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #9915650 - 03/05/09 09:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I totally feel you on this post.

I consider myself an agnostic because of asking question after question my whole life.  My Mom thinks it is just awful, having made me go to church every Sunday morning and night, plus Wednesday night every week until I was eighteen.

I always asked my folks questions, because I always found certain things very hard to accept.

One of these questions has to do with the possibilty of eternal life.  That is, how could existance never cease?  Everyone up in the clouds the next day, and the next day, and the next day....is it almost like a bad trip to imagine the possibility of that.

Anyway agnosticism is great for me, because it allows me to drop so much mental baggage that has been passed down to me from previous generations.  I like to think that I am a totally logical thinker, because I refuse to be influenced by things that demand an element of faith.

I do not think that science and faith-based religions go hand in hand at all.  The rules of science are that one must hypothesize a theory, then research and experiment in order to prove or disprove that theory.  If I respect that this formula is the only way to prove anything, then why would I totally disregard these principles and believe something just because.  If I were accept a "religion," it would have to be something like Buddhism, where the goal of such would be to fellowship with people of like-mind, or to try and better myself by gaining a better understanding of the human condition from an ethical perspective.

It is rare to find anyone willing to have the kind of talks that people like you and me used to have in our younger days.  Even the most open-minded of my friends usually get frustrated or bored with a "trippy" topic, having to do with the unknown aspects of our universe.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleSvampViking
Går med pumor
Male

#9915671 - 03/05/09 09:58 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AmericanPsycho said:
Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:

You beat me to it.

I don't worry too much about answers.  What can you do with an answer?  Put it on your refridgerator?

--------------------
The human experience is such that we are caught between being monkies and gods.  It is up to us to decide which direction to go in.

Everything is everything, and everything is becoming itself.

OfflineAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

#9915676 - 03/05/09 09:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

These humans have been searching for answers for 10,000 years.  You think you have a chance?

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: SvampViking]
    #9915677 - 03/05/09 10:01 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

for the record, the last paragraph was meant to allude to the hitchhikers guide intentionally.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleSvampViking
Går med pumor
Male

#9915681 - 03/05/09 10:03 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I thought so.

So, what tools do you have at your disposal to try to find these answers?

--------------------
The human experience is such that we are caught between being monkies and gods.  It is up to us to decide which direction to go in.

Everything is everything, and everything is becoming itself.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9915696 - 03/05/09 10:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Still makes for a good evenings conversation and learning peoples inner most philosophies.

I know what you mean though, after a while you just don't ask the questions as much anymore.

Offlinespiralofeyes
listen to black sabbath!
Male

#9915733 - 03/05/09 10:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can really relate to your predicament,man. I have the same "problem".I consider myself a seeker,I revel in the questions about the nature of the mind and the universe.It's all we talk about in my group of tripping'n'smokin friends...but I often think I'm just deluding myself even more. 

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
..sadly it seemed that the answers either did not exist, and my attempts to question them were some sort of cozmic joke, or that the answers that i sook, seeked? were firmly out of my grasp, or far more likely my ability to understand.

See,I think you've got your answer right there. We do not,and probably can not know "the Truth".Its doubtful that there even is a truth with a capital T. The universal insecurity about the fundamentals of our existence is what makes the human predicament.If there is anything setting us apart from other mammals that is it. Not knowing who,what and where we are,and the (perhaps totally in vane) search for answers is what makes homo sapiens,human. We ARE the question,when we answer it in a satisfactory manner we cease to be human and progress(or possibly regress) to the next(last) level.

Heh,not much help I know:tongue:As you can tell I'm pretty confused myself. I'll leave you with an inspirational quote from a senior seeker,one T.Leary;

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality.
To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself."

--------------------
Nothing is True,All is Permissible

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #9915862 - 03/05/09 10:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said: or that the answers that i sook, seeked? 

Sought.

--------------------
This space for rent

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #9915883 - 03/05/09 10:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said: or that the answers that i sook, seeked? 

Sought.

Grr you beat me to it :mad:

But I definitely understand the OP.

I think that realizing so much is unanswerable is as important as having sought the answers in the first place.

Living in the eternal dance of te unknown FTW

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9916047 - 03/05/09 11:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Capatalistc nomad said:
For a while i was an intellectual drug user. It was how i defined myself, and was a fairly good description of my day to day lifestyle, life, etc..... and one of the things that an intellectual drug user does, is get high, trip, etc, and debate the interesting questions that life has posed upon us.

time and time again I would delve into these subjects with friends and foes alike. time and time again we would end up with no answer, the same answer, a different answer..... but they never stuck. the answers never felt fulfilling, or complete. So time and time again we would ask the questions throughout our same old routine.....

and i suppose that eventually just got old. the questions died out in some ways. i mean, they are still there, but after a long enough time, they just stop getting asked. At a certain point, you dont even care any more. At a certain point, i suppose that i just stopped asking the questions out of futility. I knew that there would be no answer that would satisfy my curious and questioning nature....

Gorgias may be able to help:

1. Nothing exists.
2. Even if something exists, nothing can be known about it.
3. Even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can't be communicated to others.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: I used to be an intellectual drug user [Re: idiotek]
    #9916627 - 03/05/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1d10t3k said:
Quote:

Ken Kesey said:

true above.

i don't really trip anymore, but before i quit i was pretty much just on a search for strange energy.

i think i got more "answers" than i cared to get, and filtering through the delusions was tiring.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order