Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekingfelix23
Stranger
Mushrooms and Art
    #5176614 - 01/13/06 12:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, first time post here. Here's my question: I know that there has been a lot of talk about the connection between psychedelics and the production of art (see: the entire decade of the sixties...) My question, however, is about the *viewing* of art while tripping, esp. while on mushrooms. I've had some really nice experiences previously going to museums while stoned; I can get pretty *absorbed* in the artwork, if you know what I mean. I've been wanting to try this on 'shrooms for a while now--does any one have an experience with this? Has it enhanced you appreciation of paintings, sculptures, etc.?

Edited by kingfelix23 (01/13/06 12:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Mushrooms and Art [Re: kingfelix23]
    #5176632 - 01/13/06 12:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

all I can say to looking at art while tripping is - WOW.

One of my favorite things to do not while tripping is looking at art. While this expierence was on LSD - the affect of tripping+art

Quote:

The patterns in it started to move, and form totatly new pictures out of the cat - then those new moving pictures would 'get up and unravel', and form increasingly complex pictures, then a part of the new moving picture would 'pop up' from the rest, unravel, and form a new picture - each one getting increasingly detailed, complex and beautiful - and each one 'sucking' me into the picture - untill I was 100% unaware of my sorroundings/body/etc - it was just what I was seeing in the cat.

In the end, it was like my brain had an orgasm and was like "wow, thank you for showing me something this beautiful!", it eventaully turned into like, a picture into another world - fully animated in the most amazing level of detail.

I wasnt staring at a cat - it was like staring into a picture of india, seeing a huge temple in the background, with the street's lined with pillars, with these things ontop that had tendrils at the base spinning around and beckoning me in with elephants dancing on the top of them.

I'm not sure how long it lasted for, but eventually I got pulled back into my body - and it actually startled me to realize I was sitting at my desk looking at my monitor - as what I just saw and felt seemed so real, and my eyes were open the time - it wasnt a closed eye visual.

Mushrooms can have a very pronounced effect on art aswell, it animates the art - it breaths, it moves, it becomes alive, it can tell a story that you can see.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Mushrooms and Art [Re: kaniz]
    #5176685 - 01/13/06 01:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Usually you're better off viewing rather than creating.

There was a published study where several artists were hired to paint dolls sober, and then again while under the influence of LSD.

The general conclusion was that although the aritsts "felt" more creative after taking LSD, the quality of the work decreased.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Mushrooms and Art [Re: badchad]
    #5176781 - 01/13/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"write drunk, revise sober"

music and art are great combos
audiovisual presentations while trippin is ace

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: Mushrooms and Art [Re: swampthing]
    #5177198 - 01/13/06 02:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Museums are great for tripping.  It's always very quiet and slow paced.  No one bothers you...and you don't look wierd staring at something for 45 minutes  :eek: 

Just make sure you don't start touching pieces of art and you should have a grand time. :wink:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

OfflineAmen Ra
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms and Art [Re: kingfelix23]
    #9916398 - 03/05/09 12:37 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

If you like trippy artwork, check out masonbrownart.com, beautifully profound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom