Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
case, fighting for life?
    #991594 - 10/25/02 01:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My blowfish has a rather old (few month) PB coir case. It has been going for a while, and it got some kick ass flushes from it. Kind of spent right now. Had a few pins over the last 2 weeks that didnt mature. But the mycel grows over all the pins, telling me it is still running regaurdless of "knowing when it is time to give up". I dont hydrate it anymore, last week I shot it up (beliveing it is better to hit a case w/ a syering of water rather than direcitally mist it) w/ some water. There is no green, no mold, all good. Just spent.

I have had some luck w/ spawning spent cases into dung, etc...
Anyone think it is work it to spawn this one? I gots some horse poo, just looking for some opinions.

-XiC

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: case, fighting for life? [Re: XiC_clone]
    #991642 - 10/25/02 01:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This question should show my newbieness .
Can you throw some dung , worm castings , more grain on top ? Let colonize , case again , see what happens ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibledigitalshaolin
Irish guy

Loc: hot, dry close to mexico
Re: case, fighting for life? [Re: tripndicular]
    #991661 - 10/25/02 02:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes throw a new casing layer on after every flush works great.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: case, fighting for life? [Re: digitalshaolin]
    #991678 - 10/25/02 02:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

But if substrate is lacking nutrients what good is more casing ? I understand casing between flushes , but can mycelium recover and colonize more substrate ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Re: case, fighting for life? [Re: tripndicular]
    #991680 - 10/25/02 02:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not really, if it is spent. That mean (and to everyone who might wanna correct me, this is MY EXP w/ spawning, not by the book stuff. If there is a book?) that the mycelin is weak and u have to give it a chance to regen. Give it some food and incentive to grow. For the food, some sterilized BRF/verm, agar, or even wheat berry flour. Not much, just some in certainn places where healty strong mycelin is placed. (this can invite contams I immagine, but I never ran into it) The incentice I use is dung, good stuff w/ helpful bacteria for the mycel to lach on to, eat up, and begin a new.

All of this should is mixed up together (Xcept for the nutriants, that is placed w/ the healthiest mycel). Lots of inocu points when it is mixed up. Cant just throw things on top and Xpect it to work. I bet some neglet teks CAN make it work, but I think this way has more propibility.

I just experiment, gatta do something while jars colonize.
Everything I say said is word of mouth. It has worked for me, I dont know why, it just has. So dont take it as "a tek". Or even a working spawn.

Experiment yourself tripndicular, just watch it carfully. Dont want the purple/fushia contams that fuck w/ your DNA.

-XiC

--------------------
For Your Health!

OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Re: case, fighting for life? [Re: XiC_clone]
    #991686 - 10/25/02 02:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

christ I cant spell.

-XiC

--------------------
For Your Health!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation