Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
TROMA anyone?
    #991330 - 10/25/02 12:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Is anyone else in here a Troma fan? I love this shit! Films like the Toxic Avenger, Tromeo and Juliet, Class of Nukem High,  Terror Firmer, Redneck Zombies, Killer Nerd, Frostbiter, etc, etc... Lloyd Kaufman is a goddamn genious and a true independent artist! The Troma team has been distributing films for over 25 years so they know their shit.. I have a passion for people who don't give a fuck about what others think though, so Lloyd is a god. :grin:

[image] 

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHepC
I have HepC

Re: TROMA anyone? [Re: Hashbury]
    #993031 - 10/25/02 06:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I bow to Kaufman and all of his glory!

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: TROMA anyone? [Re: HepC]
    #993088 - 10/25/02 06:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

5 mushrooms to you, my friend.  :grin: peace

--------------------

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: TROMA anyone? [Re: HepC]
    #994684 - 10/26/02 02:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I bow to the TROMA girl!  WoW!!  :blush:

Offlinebadjessejames
G HEAD

Loc: :) Passed out on my co...
    #999210 - 10/28/02 06:35 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I love everything the company stands for but there is no way I can sit through a whole troma film anymore......

The last one I picked up was "Tromeo & Juliet".......it was terrible :frown:

--------------------

"My generation played a really mean trick on me. I thought we were all
goofing off together, but it turns out everybody else went and got rich
while I was sleeping." Mission Hill

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1005521 - 10/30/02 10:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hi I love Troma and like all of thier films. I just picked up a coupy of the unrated x version of Troma's War so i have a copy of the R rated version for sale for 14.99 plus $3.50 shiping and hanfling priority mail. It is a really cool film of an alleged group of terorist whoplan to invade the usaled by a guyname pig whose nose and snorts soulnd like a pig., This is compounded by a plane crash of odd tourists on a Caribbean island with a blind black jewish priest a pregnant blind girl a secret agent who may or may not be a rock star with three chickee poos and other odd assorted charaters who end up wrecking havoc on the einvading forces.

mj

Let me know I can post the image of the cover of the vhs if anyone wants it.

mj/

Ckick on image to enlarge

See images posted below. the box on the right, the R version is for sale.
And it is as cool as Toxic Avenger 2.

mj

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: TROMA anyone? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1006414 - 10/30/02 02:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you had the unrated Tromas War, I would probably buy that off you.. The rated one is good but not as full as the other in content. Any Troma film deserves to be seen fully uncut - with the MPAA out of site.  But,  :smirk: it still is a very good film none-the-less.. I love the AIDs rape scnene. heh :grin: classic.. Have you seen the new one out, "Unspeakable?" It looks pretty gruesome! 

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1006602 - 10/30/02 03:40 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Not yet but I have one from Italy Troma released called The Evil Crutch, A very strange film about abounch of creepy dead things chasing a girl. Creeps with long nipples and tongues coming out of their pussies and really stange italian or bulgarian, Like some of the early Full Moon films like the Mandroid and Benjamine Knight the invisible man horror. But Troma is number one for vool.

I love Dario Argento fi,s like Trauma with hsi daughter Asia, or Phenonmena (later called Creepers with Jennifer Connely, made right after sh did laybrynth with Daivid Bowie.

Have a s shroomy day if I find another copy of the unraed War i will let you knwo. I had it in 1991 and it was stolena dnthis is the first one I fond since then,

mj

The unrated uncensored Caligula with Malcomb McDowell and Peter O'Toole is also kinda grueson and erotic at yhe same time. What a sicky that caesar wass,

mj

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

#1007261 - 10/30/02 07:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Ah yes, Argento is one of my favorite directors. I hope you've seen Tenebre, Deep Red, Suspiria, and his newest one that's pretty much anywhere, Sleepless..His style of film-making is brilliant, all the colors and smooth camera pans.. Deep Red is pry my favorite of his though..Another good italian director is Lucio Fulci. You should check him out...His films are probably some of the most vile  ever made..

Caligula is pretty crazy, though. Deffinitly a must see...Hard to believe it's actually a very well known film and made a big theatrical release . Its pretty graphic for an american audience.

Let me know if you ever find a copy of Tromas War..I love that film. Before to long I might just order off the Troma site, though. I need that one in my collection :grin:

peace man..good to know someone else enjoys  these films!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1007857 - 10/30/02 10:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yEAH i SAW cALOIGULA AT THE THEATER WITHT HTE R RATING. i WAS KIND OF SHOCKE WHENT i JUST WATCHED THE UNRATED, BLOWJOBS CUM INTHE FACE AND PUSSY LICKING AND EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN. hOWEVER WHAT I REALLY ENJOYED WAS THE bOB gUCHIONI SPECIAL FEATURE ONTHE SECOND DISK ON THE MAKING OF THE FIMK, THE CLOSED SET FOR THE WHO PRODUCTUION THE RACTUAL REPLICATION OF EVERY STATURE, BUILDING ETC WAS FASCINATING THAT THEY WENT TO SO MUCH WORK TO REALLY MAKE THE CINAMATOGRAPHY ND VIEWS OF ROME, ETC AS REAL AS IF YOU WERE REALLY THERE.
he WENT FROM A BELOVED KING TO A RAVING MANIAC AND LIKE bRUTUS, THEY KILED HIM AND THEN PUT FAT CLAUDIUS AS THE NEXT xzAESAR.

ANYWAY tHE sTENDALL MPOVIE WITH aSIA ARGENTO WAS ALSO PRETTY MUCH A CLASSIC. nOW i HAVE HISA ONLY aMERICAN TYPE MADE FILM THE CAT O NINE TALES

CANNOT SE WHENTHE LETTERS CHANGE. MANY HAVE FADED IN FIVEMONTHS ONTHIS KOREAN MADE KEYBOARD.

MJ

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

#1008041 - 10/30/02 11:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Asia is a very beautiful creature...

[image]

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1008336 - 10/31/02 12:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Isn't the Toxic Avenger a Troma film?
That's a classic in my group of friends...

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Re: TROMA anyone? [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1009800 - 10/31/02 12:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man, the Toxic Avenger is pry one of their best features in my opinion. Classic shit.  :cool:

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO CORNHOLE ME A BLIND BITCH! :tongue: 

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1010016 - 10/31/02 02:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

However, most blind women I have met have a breath (Kim chee kind of odor) problems coming from their mouths. And yes to the other person Toxic avenger two where he goes to Japan looking for his father named Big Mc who happens to smuggle cocaine in dead fishes is a real classic, espcieally when Toxy surfs a sailboard into the bay at Tokyo and all the japanese people start screaming and running as if he were Godzilla. He also fish fries a guys nose with a deep frying tool which makes deep fried fish cakes in the shape of a fish and useds it on this bad dudes nose so the nose looks like a fish.

And a Japaneese girl who speaks real good pidgin with her lips movivg later on.

a clkasic.

And for those who have never seen Asia Argentos breasts then check out the movie B-Monkey. It is a roller coast ride of action and some cool erotic sex.

Of course Tromas worst movie must have been the German film they rleased called the Kiler Condom (with subtitles) about a gay cop and his young lover looking for the person who makes condoms which have teeth and eat the penis' off their victems and thus letting them bleed to death. A lot of sick butt jokes are also in that disturning distributed fim by Troma. why Troma took it on to release in America is beyond me. It really isn't a funny film.

And then Class of Nuke em high is a great series too.

Have a shroomy day.

Most of my Troma fi,s are the unrated versions.

and speaking of unratied movies you have to watch out for all of the stupid made for television movies with known actors or actresses which are release with the words unrated on their video boxes.. This usually means that you think you have a hot movie inly to find their are no bad words or gratuitous sex in them just a stupid made for tv movie which wa never rated to begin with. Many stores (Video) are now carrying large amounts of unrated made for tv, supposedly true stories (bad drama or police case, based) movies which have nothing that neded to be rated in them.
to begin with.

Good examples are s0m of the Stephen King films such as It and the Strand.t. The Tommy Knockers which has a two hour R rated version and then a four hour unrated version. WEll the unrated version has nothing in it that is bad and the two hour R rated vesion is bad becasue it is missing half the stoy from the four hour unrated version and you have no clue as to why anyone gave it an R rating to begin with.

Even G movies on airplanes in America have been censored and you pay four or five dollars or more for the earphones to listen and watch these G films on an airplane that have been choped to removie who knows what that isn't vulgar or needs removing but the airplane community has a film censore board which does tis to g rated films, even Disney films get chopped up on airplanes and they require you to pay for the right to see a chopped film at the same price of what you would pay at a matinee for the first film showing of the day where the movie is not chopped up or censored. This is a real serious airplane ripoff as bad as those meals they serve you on the airplane. I have heard that the airlines pay as much as $12.00 a dinner for your airplane meal to serve you that frozen tv shit on the plane.

mj

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

#1012973 - 11/01/02 12:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

YES, Nukem High!
Forgot about that one....
Based on your description mj I now must rent Toxic Avenger 2.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1013155 - 11/01/02 01:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Toxie two is not only cool but a very humour film to. well scripted for a strange company such as toma, the basketbal sequence at the beginning of the movcie will crack you up. Toxie takes this little balck midhjet and rehapeds him into a basketbal with the original face biut all round like the ball. You will get a kick out of that one.

,Mj this is a satisfaction guarentteed movie.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

#1014040 - 11/01/02 08:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

MJ, have you seen the previews for the new Toxie 4? It looks bad ass and will probably be the best of the series..  :laugh: :crazy:

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

#1014054 - 11/01/02 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What there's a 3!?!
Shit it's time for a Toxie marathon...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1014742 - 11/02/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Three was a bout a muscle beach type of dude if I remember correctly and started out in a video store beating up the videiostore owners or something. I t was not a sgood as number two. However I ws unaware of number four.

Yesterday I picked up Wishmaster four when I had been looking for number three for six months.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media