Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Shroomism]
    #21051681 - 01/01/15 10:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Not even on Mt. Pubis?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: dr_gonz] * 1
    #21054572 - 01/01/15 10:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
That's good because TIL that shaving makes one a pedo :shrug:

No, I'm saying that's why it became a social requirement. Obviously once something is a social requirement it reinforces itself through conformism alone, but the underlying motivation can still be seen in the sexual aspect. People are too afraid of our biological nature to accept physical maturity, and society places no value on human life, so they feel compelled to wax and shave so they look prepubescent enough that the scared sheep that make up the dominator culture will consider them sexually viable.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.
I'm consecrated to the Immaculate Heart.
I don't want her to have to look at adultery to save my privileged living cells, so please keep it PG-13.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: whatsgrimace] * 1
    #21055172 - 01/02/15 02:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

whatsgrimace said:
Not even on Mt. Pubis?

Trimming > Shaving on all counts

--------------------

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Alyssa]
    #21055467 - 01/02/15 06:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alyssa said:
Quote:

dr_gonz said:
That's good because TIL that shaving makes one a pedo :shrug:

No, I'm saying that's why it became a social requirement. Obviously once something is a social requirement it reinforces itself through conformism alone, but the underlying motivation can still be seen in the sexual aspect. People are too afraid of our biological nature to accept physical maturity, and society places no value on human life, so they feel compelled to wax and shave so they look prepubescent enough that the scared sheep that make up the dominator culture will consider them sexually viable.

:manofapproval:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Alyssa] * 1
    #21059526 - 01/03/15 06:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Alyssa, enjoy not posting in this thread anymore. Don;t take a dog to a cat show, if you enter a thread discussing superiority of some shaving methods overr other, barging in and accusing all shavers of being pedophiles is being offtopic and a troll.

That said:

Now let the shaving discussion continue without trollish pedophilia accusations.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineShortknight
Male

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Asante]
    #21156541 - 01/21/15 12:16 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you so much for recommending the Riemi Razor off of DealsX:peace: I got it yesterday and since I like to wait a little bit to shave, I shaved today... WOW, best shave ive ever had. Im a baby butt smooth kinda guy, I had to do two passes, one with the grain and the second against it but WOW smooth.:sunny: And all for less than 5 bucks!

I also bought another 10 pack for blades for a buck seventy!! I feel cool, I look cool, why the hell is this not being taught to every young boy who shaves, it rocks!

Awesome thread:gd_icon:

Shorty:heart:

--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Shortknight]
    #21156727 - 01/21/15 12:31 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

You're welcome! On the other end of the $pectrum, loving my all stainless steel IKON OSS DLC razor. Its my new favorite. I'm loving picking up the skill of shaving with this more aggressive razor.

Quote:

why the hell is this not being taught to every young boy who shaves, it rocks!

My parents were divorced, I lived with my mom, had to teach myself shaving with one of those stupid cartridges. For most of my life I shaved with that crap, it was torment. Stubble would get stuck between the face and scrub my face while shaving like a steel brush. Ouch. Bad shaves, razor burn, ingrown hair, having to push on the blade and go over it again and again to get it off, never smooth, just off.

Dads nowadays use cartridges too and no one gets barber shaves anymore, its a lost art.

Cartridges are a 30 year old technology, safety razors a 150 year old technology. Its perfected to a T.

Turn on friends to safety razor wet shaving, its the better way and makes a chore, fun.

Cartridges are for prisons and mental hospitals, a real man can handle a blade. :asianofapproval:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Asante]
    #21156791 - 01/21/15 12:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
You're welcome! On the other end of the $pectrum, loving my all stainless steel IKON OSS DLC razor. Its my new favorite. I'm loving picking up the skill of shaving with this more aggressive razor.

Quote:

why the hell is this not being taught to every young boy who shaves, it rocks!

My parents were divorced, I lived with my mom, had to teach myself shaving with one of those stupid cartridges. For most of my life I shaved with that crap, it was torment. Stubble would get stuck between the face and scrub my face while shaving like a steel brush. Ouch. Bad shaves, razor burn, ingrown hair, having to push on the blade and go over it again and again to get it off, never smooth, just off.

Dads nowadays use cartridges too and no one gets barber shaves anymore, its a lost art.

Cartridges are a 30 year old technology, safety razors a 150 year old technology. Its perfected to a T.

Turn on friends to safety razor wet shaving, its the better way and makes a chore, fun.

Cartridges are for prisons and mental hospitals, a real man can handle a blade. :asianofapproval:

:jackiechanofapproval:

--------------------

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Alyssa]
    #21443202 - 03/22/15 01:40 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

So I did this and have been doing this since around the first of the year. Oh its so great. I will never shave with a cartage again.  It takes longer and you have to pay close attention but there is a zen feeling I get after just the first few passes.

I really enjoy the shave soap versus any other product I've used and have started using clubman aftershave. I have a wife but will get hit on even when im covered in grease dirt and sweat.

If you are single or just want the best shave possible I highly suggest this. Also I just got 100 blades for 12 bucks.
  Thats almost a years worth of shaving for me 
:likeaboss: :manofapproval:

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: trekie]
    #22430734 - 10/25/15 07:05 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

(6 years, 7 months ago)

Still in the same $20 pack of Derby Extra blades too :awesomenod:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineShortknight
Male

#22430927 - 10/25/15 08:39 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hey curious you guys, I don't know if my hairs just thick, but I've tried alot of blades, and they all get right dull and pull my hair after 2 shaves, making me cut myself. Sometimes even after 1 shave. I take it out and dry it off with a towel everytime too.:peace:

So far I think Derby is my favorite. I also like the red personas :peace: Astra seemed to cut alot.:yinyang:

:sunny:Shorty:sunny:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Shortknight]
    #22431011 - 10/25/15 09:05 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Derby is awesome. Feather is better but like you say, it lasts nly 1-2 shaves or so.

Derby is reasonably sharp but it stays sharp, honestly I get between 5-10 shaves out of a Derby blade (blade quality is a bit variable) and I just get a bit more cavalier in the latter shaves. A slightly dulled Derby is excellent for speedshaving (please only try that when you are a safety razor ninja)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineShortknight
Male

#22431081 - 10/25/15 09:31 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:grin: Do you baby butt shave too? I liker smooooooth.

Short:yinyang:

--------------------

OnlineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #22431105 - 10/25/15 09:42 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I find most of the japanese blades to be the only thing that I can use. I have redic thick hair like ur saying think hair n im willing to bet mines thicker. I think maybe the problem is that they are too sharp. It takes like 1-2 shaves for me to get the blade to a nice shave. I find a little bit of resistance helps pull the hair from the face. I have do make 4 passed in diff directions to get baby smooth. with a brand newblade I have to be extra careful to not irritate or knick my face. I think the feather blade are really thin but i think they stay jus as sharp as other platinum blades if not a lil sharper for longer.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #22637318 - 12/10/15 06:44 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

A little review!

I was almost done with my tub of Taylor Of Old Bond Street Coconut Shaving Cream so I figured I wanted to try something new. I had heard very good things about the Italian barber shop brand Proraso, and in particular Proraso Red, with Sandalwood Oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa butter. Its free of artificial and animal ingredients. and can be had either in a tub or as a tube. I went with a tube:

I must say, I was skeptical that it would touch the quality of Taylor of Old Bond Street because lets face it, it is two to three times cheaper.

The gentlemen store had a black friday sale so I figured, why not try it?

So I did.

The smell is quite "natural ingredients" and "old barbershop", you can tell this is no hodge-podge of cheap chemicals. The cream is clearly softer than TOBS which made applying directly on my wet face even easier. Its readily whipped up to a firm lather with the brush, and also works well with the hand, better than TOBS does

The shave is excellent and greasy, no bumping, it comes off easily and leaves a truly subtle smell for several hours after, not that its up your nose all that time but someone kissing you would notice. It left the skin cared for, no dried soapy feel, tightness or overt greasyness. Its for people with a heavy beard and it does make it easy for me to get smooth but I suspect it would work on any beard.

I use about a peanut's worth for a shave so the tube lasts you 6 months to a year.

My goto aftershaves will remain Taylor of Old Bond Street (Mr Taylor's Aftershave and Eton College aftershave, depending on my company) as I find them unsurpassed, but I'm switching shaving creams from TOBS to Proraso, its as good or better, lasts as long and I can get almost 3 for the price of 1.

Thats it folks :smile:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #22637357 - 12/10/15 07:12 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I use the regular Proraso, mainly because it's cheap and easy to find (Shoppers Drug Mart has it, if you are in Canada). I have tried some of the more expensive brands of shave cream, but they are mostly the same thing as Proraso...except they cost about four times as much!

Total spent in more than 5 years since I first read this thread...about $100. That is seriously good! Consider I was spending about $200/YEAR on shaving before :eek:

Now I spend about $30/year.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: trendal]
    #22638106 - 12/10/15 11:31 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

You're saving $14 a month AND get great shaves :grin:

Yeah I was amazed at Proraso. If you look at the ingredients too, that's real quality stuff for a regular price.

The green Proraso, doesn't that smell too much like candy? (eucalyptus & menthol) Does it cool the cheeks?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#22638269 - 12/10/15 12:18 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Glad to see this thread still active.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: How shaving got fun again (and how to s(h)ave hundreds of dollars a year off your expenses!) [Re: danielx]
    #22638751 - 12/10/15 02:04 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Its going for 6 years and 9 months now :awesome:

Its a good topic to bring up regularly, almost everybody uses expensive plastic crap which makes shaving a chore, this saves you a lot of money (Trendal spent $100 instead of $1,000 in 5 years) and makes a dull chore fun - you learn a skill and raise shaving to an art :grin:

I havent had razor burn, ingrown hair or shaving acne in almost 7 years and shave quicker and smoother than ever, in and out the bathroom in 6 min for a good shave and in 10 min for a baby butt smooth 3 pass shave.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #22638938 - 12/10/15 03:04 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

i use one of those ran through a knife sharpener, i can shave 1 side of my face in one pass. so it only takes me like 10 seconds to shave and im done

best part is it only costs $3 total, and lasts a lifetime

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag