Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Preperations for a mescaline voyage
    #988661 - 10/24/02 03:07 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone
I originally put this in Spirituality / Philosophy, but I've moved it here cause I figured people would probably end up saying 'This belongs in Trip tips, dude'.

Anyway, in a few days, I will be preparing several kilograms of fresh San Pedro into syrup, to be ingested by myself and two friends. I have had San Pedro a few times before, but not really 'vision quest' doses. I think that the dosage this time will be sufficent for me to get to those places I am seeking to go.

From this experience, I am seeking to gain insight into several things. My main goal is to achieve a state of total awareness, of myself, both (mental and physical), of my surroundings (both immediate and grand, eg the universe), of the life thriving upon this earth in which we all co-exist with, and my place within this ultimate image. I am basically seeking a journey in which I will get to strip off the 'bullshit' aspects of everyday life, to get down to the underlying rythms of my mind and sub-concious. I want total awareness of the here and the now.

Overall, I want to have an enjoyable and enlightening experience that will have a positive impact on myself. I guess this is basically what most of us want from our psychedelic experiences, and it is something which I build on every time I trip.

Now I'm not expecting the drug to be some magical philosophical tool, but simply something that aids in expanding on 'sober thought'. I am just wondering what you guys suggest to help me get the most from my trip? Both pre-trip and during it. Meditation techniques, thoughts, readings, anything else you think can help me (and others) gain the best from this special experience.

Edited by Peace_Patrol (10/24/02 10:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #988788 - 10/24/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I can't offer any meditation advice and the like, but good luck anyway. I hope you reach the depths that you are aiming for! :smile: 

OfflineAgent_420
Stranger
    #989021 - 10/24/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i have trouble believing that you're trying to find out truth. mescalines aren't going to show you anything, neither will shrooms. it's just your imagination at work, and it's not like you get any closer to yourself. i'm pretty sure you're just taking them for the same reason everybody else is, to alter your mind for a little while. (escape from reality!!!)

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: Agent_420]
    #989027 - 10/24/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

lol, when you meet the teacher you're gonna wig out... if you take psychedelics to escape reality, you're eventually gonna have a rude awakening.

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #989119 - 10/24/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with them. I do some of the best thinking when I am completely sober. Then you are actually able to understand your thaughts & think of them more in depth. I have only tripped once, but I found that when I did I could barely understand anything. I just had a million thoughts racing thru my mind at one time & I could barely comprehend any of it... but then again, that's just me & maybe you are different! Just enjoy the trip for what it is.

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #990538 - 10/24/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i wish you the best of luck. but dont try to force anything to happen. if you dont see a mystical truth, then learn why you didnt. everything is a learning experience. nothing is more or less a learning experience than anything else. your attitude towards things is what teaches you. if you have ever felt the connectedness that mushrooms can offer, you realize that the truth is learned from everything. there is no lesser or greater truth. this sounds like my mushroom ramblings lol. i know what im trying to say, but i cant say it.
just do your thing, go for it, but more important than finding the truth, is enjoying life, because that IS the truth. or at least.... what the truth is intended for.
dont take my words as preaching however. i am just speaking random crap.
all in all, i hope you have fun, whether or not you learn. dont waste the experience if you do not find the Ultimate Truth you are looking for. Break away from the "game" reality, as timothy leary puts it, and expect nothing. it is only in letting go of all your expectations and hopes and dreams and social-reality conceptions that you can truly feel what you are looking for. Most people seeking haven't realized this. That's why when people discover the truth on mushrooms, and think its a shortcut to the buddhists practices of letting go of all, they are only tasting the nirvana that is achieved thru loss of egotistical thought.
i hope i made sense. lol, i think posting this taught me something. im weird. im gonna shut up now. good luck

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Anonymous

Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #990546 - 10/24/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>mescalines aren't going to show you anything, neither will shrooms

Spoken like a true novice.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: Anonymous]
    #990605 - 10/24/02 06:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i hope you know that was a typo.... i mean mescaline isnt.... im sorry you judge people by their grammar. oh well...
how about we dont assume things about others within 2 sentences of what they say, eh? seems like thats a big problem in america nowadays?

--------------------

Anonymous

#990618 - 10/24/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>>mescalines aren't going to show you anything, neither will shrooms

>Spoken like a true novice.

When I first did shrooms, I thought they were just some hallucinogen. I quickly realized that they brought out an inner me, one that saw my life for what it was, a waste of time and space. I used to be the guy on the anti-drug commercials who smokes pot every day and has no motivation. Shrooms made me realize this and I changed my ways. The moral of the story: respect altered states of conciousness and the chemicals which bring you there.

I wasn't pointed out his misspelling, I was pointing out his immature attitude towards drugs. The same attitude that gives the anti-drug fucks good arguments.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

#990658 - 10/24/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

oh, i totally believe that mushrooms are enlightening. but from the sounds of it, he wants to experience ego death. but my problem with ego-death on mushrooms is when your doing it on mushrooms, or at least a lot of the people i have met who tried to, tend to make it into something more shallow than what the buddhist practice teaches you to do.

i made no immature remarks.

i am getting the idea you think i use drugs recreationally. havent since i started doing mushrooms, and never will. i dont see the point to it. i refuse to trip for the hell of it. i dont abuse mushrooms like most people do. i respect them as individual entities who do not wish to be consumed too often (altho mebbe i am wrong in this assumption)

anywho, hope you stop being so aggressive :-)
i harbor no negative feelings towards you, and i hope i dont. you seem intelligent (as in dont abuse mushrooms), i hope this bit of miscommunication doesnt give you the wrong impression of me

--------------------

Anonymous

#990663 - 10/24/02 07:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, I completely agree with you. I was referring to Agent_420. Hope this clears things up.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

#990702 - 10/24/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

oh lol! i sure feel a lil stupid. i thought you were talkin bout me. i thought im the one who said mescalines arent.... lmfao. sorry bout that, lol
anywho, good to know somebody agrees with me :-)

--------------------

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: Agent_420]
    #991404 - 10/24/02 10:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, Agent_420 does sound like a true novice...dude, you shouldn't have wasted your time posting. I never said I was looking to see the 'truth', all I am looking for is an enjoyable an enlightening experience...
I know that by eating some mescaline, some amazing revelation isn't going to just leap out in front of me somehow magically. But I do believe that mescaline can assist one in spiritual / philosophical thinking (Hey, explain to me why peyote / san pedro have been used by many South American cultures for thousands of years). I know that shrooms and acid can do this, as I have experienced it myself several times. But then there have also been the many trips where everything is just really crazy / confusing, and I have come out of it feeling that I haven't gained anything.  I believe these trips to be a result of not being properly prepared for them, or doing them in the wrong setting, or with the wrong people.

I also don't expect someone to be able to tell me one magical thing that will make my trip beautiful and enlightening, either. I know that most of the work towards this will be done by myself on a personal level. The reason I posted this question was merely to get some tips / suggestions that might help me on my way. Mescaline isn't something I get a chance to do all that often (hey, cacti grow slowly!) and I just want to make the most of my trip now that I have the chance.
And also, mescaline shouldn't be slotted into the same file as shrooms and acid. I believe all three of these are different.

Anyway people, thanks for your suggestions so far (apart from you pessimistic ones) I am just going to go into this trip with a clear mind and no expectations, and see where it leads me. Any more suggestions are welcome  :wink:

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #991901 - 10/25/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

anyone who sais that shrooms doesnt change your life is totally wrong!!
i dont know about mescaline(havent tried it) but shrooms changes my life forever,they made me a better person, they killed all the bad things of my character

peace n' shroomin'

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Preperations for a mescaline voyage [Re: Hamurabi]
    #994142 - 10/26/02 01:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man, I totally agree. And perhaps the reason they believe that is because they have never accepted that it can do this, so it has never happened to them.
I am really looking forward to the experience. I have noticed that mescaline has lots of the good aspects of the others, along with a much clearer thought flow.

OfflineAddict
addict

#1001100 - 10/28/02 08:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I have noticed that mescaline has lots of the good aspects of the others, along with a much clearer thought flow.

I totally agree thats what I experienced my 1st mescaline trip this past saturday it was fun and uplifting.

Well on to the topic I agree with mushrooms change your life hell all pyschedelics change your life man they are tools mystical tools of knowledge i like to call them and when you put them to work possibilitys are endless. They open your mind, soul,world, and spirtual presence. They are also teachers of the self and they make you appreciate life on whole new levels hell i could go on and on and on

I love them though~!! And Ill never stop consuming the mushroom ever. Till i die they will be eaten by me.

And yes they gota be respected because they are powerful  and deserve to be treated with respect all in all it all comes down to the appreciation of the shroom, its not about escaping reality i dunno but drugs for me never about escapism except maybe heroin but pyschedelics never.. if you do try to do it for escape then youll be in for a bad surprise :grin: on my past mushroom trip i consumed a quarter alone and did it for the hell of it anyway during the trip i got bored and one thing led to another which made me analyze myself deeply and throughly anyways due to my mental thoughts and states I was not happy with some things going on in my life therefore a bad trip occured and it was hell and wanting of death for 6 hours in my room on 7 grams dried of PESAs all alone door was locked i stayed put venting watching the clock for this monster to get rode out it did - I showered then slept my balls off..

Shrooms are lovely I would say I do abuse them though I have tripped around 32 times in the past 3-4 months off mushrooms.. I tripped off shrooms last week on tuesday and mescaline on saturday - I trip at least once a week sometimes 2 heh

I love pyschedelics I fucking love them in every way possible the bad trip the bug out the euphoria the mind fuck everything THEY ARE GODS TOOLS=)
But
They do deserve respect however I love to give as much respect with the mind candy face to face through experience and confrontation... especially with the mushrooms because well they meals are just there and lets say I get fed alot :smirk: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order