Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
the rich assholes like double standards
    #9898886 - 03/02/09 07:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

TSA flooded with opposition to corporate-jets proposal

basically their all saying fuck with the middle class and low class drones but dont bother us cause we,re rich and laws should not apply to us

By Thomas Frank, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Private pilots and business groups are assailing an effort to impose the first security rules on corporate jets, sending more than 4,000 protest e-mails to the Transportation Security Administration.

The outpouring, including nearly 1,500 e-mails last week, represents the largest public opposition to an aviation-security proposal since the TSA was formed in 2003. On Monday, the Alaska State Senate urged the TSA to drop the security proposal, calling its cost to plane owners and small airports "exorbitant."

"There's a visceral type of reaction to this," said Andy Cebula, head of government affairs for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, which urged its 415,000 members to protest the TSA effort. "Our members are saying, I'm a good American, I'm not a threat to our country. Why is there a presumption that somehow I'm a threat and I've got to prove myself innocent?"

The TSA has not identified a specific threat involving corporate jets but notes that many are the same size and weight as commercial planes that are tightly regulated. Corporate jets could be used to fly into a building or transport terrorists or lethal materials, the TSA said.

The TSA proposal would regulate 15,000 corporate jets and 315 of the busiest airports that serve private planes. It would not affect more than 150,000 smaller, piston-engine planes or roughly 5,000 small private-use airports.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Transportation Security Administration | Aircraft Owners | Pilots Association | National Business Aviation Association

Passengers on the jets would be checked against terrorist watch lists, just like airline passengers, but would not face physical screening. The jets' flight crews would face criminal-record checks.

Opponents say passenger background checks could cause travel delays and violate privacy, and that securing corporate jets is unnecessary. "It would be the equivalent of regulating the same number of passengers that fit in a minivan," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce wrote the TSA.

The National Business Aviation Association says jet owners could face tens of thousands of dollars in costs to do background checks as well as security audits the TSA is proposing be done on jet operators every two years. "This could harm thousands of small- and midsized companies that rely on an airplane," association spokesman Doug Carr said.

The TSA will review the comments before finalizing any security regulation. Federal agencies typically take months or longer to review feedback and finalize rules.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2009-03-01-privatejets_N.htm

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: the rich assholes like double standards [Re: 5150]
    #9899673 - 03/02/09 08:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:bitch:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #9899719 - 03/02/09 08:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:shrug:

I hate the TSA. Every time I fly I get my prosthetics swabbed for explosives.

I'm surprised you guys would applaud more regulation just to play the class warfare card.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

#9899921 - 03/02/09 09:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
TSA flooded with opposition to corporate-jets proposal

basically their all saying fuck with the middle class and low class drones but dont bother us cause we,re rich and laws should not apply to us

By Thomas Frank, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Private pilots and business groups are assailing an effort to impose the first security rules on corporate jets, sending more than 4,000 protest e-mails to the Transportation Security Administration.

The outpouring, including nearly 1,500 e-mails last week, represents the largest public opposition to an aviation-security proposal since the TSA was formed in 2003. On Monday, the Alaska State Senate urged the TSA to drop the security proposal, calling its cost to plane owners and small airports "exorbitant."

"There's a visceral type of reaction to this," said Andy Cebula, head of government affairs for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, which urged its 415,000 members to protest the TSA effort. "Our members are saying, I'm a good American, I'm not a threat to our country. Why is there a presumption that somehow I'm a threat and I've got to prove myself innocent?"

The TSA has not identified a specific threat involving corporate jets but notes that many are the same size and weight as commercial planes that are tightly regulated. Corporate jets could be used to fly into a building or transport terrorists or lethal materials, the TSA said.

The TSA proposal would regulate 15,000 corporate jets and 315 of the busiest airports that serve private planes. It would not affect more than 150,000 smaller, piston-engine planes or roughly 5,000 small private-use airports.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Transportation Security Administration | Aircraft Owners | Pilots Association | National Business Aviation Association

Passengers on the jets would be checked against terrorist watch lists, just like airline passengers, but would not face physical screening. The jets' flight crews would face criminal-record checks.

Opponents say passenger background checks could cause travel delays and violate privacy, and that securing corporate jets is unnecessary. "It would be the equivalent of regulating the same number of passengers that fit in a minivan," the U.S. Chamber of Commerce wrote the TSA.

The National Business Aviation Association says jet owners could face tens of thousands of dollars in costs to do background checks as well as security audits the TSA is proposing be done on jet operators every two years. "This could harm thousands of small- and midsized companies that rely on an airplane," association spokesman Doug Carr said.

The TSA will review the comments before finalizing any security regulation. Federal agencies typically take months or longer to review feedback and finalize rules.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2009-03-01-privatejets_N.htm

Why would there need to be TSA officials for planes that people own. These are corporate jets, run by the company, in private air space. Their is no reason TSA should get some fat pay check so they can make sure people don't bring guns onto their OWN FUCKING PLANES.

Dumbass.

Invisible_Aegis_
3\_/0|_G|-|0$-|-

Loc: possibly your closet
Re: the rich assholes like double standards [Re: wireless]
    #9899952 - 03/02/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the old man aeg just finished up a fat spliff of some stinky cali green. i'm high as fuck.

--------------------
:cannibal::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::cannibal:

"The truth is you're the weak and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: the rich assholes like double standards [Re: _Aegis_]
    #9904588 - 03/03/09 04:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i,m not in favor of more regs. but it,s these rich fat cats who always advocate these new laws but then when they have to abide by them they get pissed, no one cares about all these nanny laws until it effects them, it,s like rich people who who r indifferent to mass immigration because it keeps them rich but once they have to deal with the over flow they,ll start to take notice, like when the immigrants move into the middle class jobs, then we,ll see the tide turn

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9904629 - 03/03/09 04:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with wireless here.

They are not public planes and a company should be able to fly inconvience free in their Boeing the same as I can in my Cessna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains