Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ?
    #9904141 - 03/03/09 03:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I am curious how many of you have experimented with Mushrooms in combination with DXM? Low dose mushrooms / medium dose DXM? Other way around? How did you guys like it? Recommended at all?

I ask, because I have had one experience combining DXM with psychedelics that was EXTREMELY powerful, almost to the point that I could have easily died had I not let the energy vibration flow freely, and that was 7mgs of 2ce with 400mgs of dxm... the 2c-e completely changing the experience of the DXM into a completely lucid, complete and clear headed psychedelic space, with all boundaries between the galaxies and the quantum world removed, as a spiraling totality of consciousness...

I am VERY Very interested in how mushrooms would go with some DXM because of this. I feel like 2c-e can be harder on the body, and in combination with DXM was quite difficult at times physically but the vibration kept me in the stars. Since mushrooms seem to be much easier on the body, and obviously more organic with a particular inherent spiritual intelligence / soul connection behind the experience... I feel like it would become an extremely powerful possibly life changing experience in combination with the godlike abstraction DXM can provide.

Any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: JohnP]
    #9904179 - 03/03/09 03:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I havent tried it.

I will pass on the DXM too. Not my cup of tea..... or bottle of syrup.

BUT, I would be highly interested in a report.

I will also make a recomendation for dosing, 2.5grams shrooms + how much ever DXM it takes you to get where your going. DXM consumed first.... shrooms shortly there after...... dont puke for at least 1/2hour. ( unless your tummy can actually hold that stuff down. >.< )

OfflineStuckintheskY
For the most part

#9904186 - 03/03/09 03:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I used to do dxm alot. Seems like it would be a pretty nasty combination but who knows.

--------------------
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. "

OfflineSaucy
Psychonaut
Male

#10157943 - 04/13/09 01:20 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Here's my report from when I tried the combination if anyone is still interested. Sorry to resurrect a (moderately) old thread.

Quote:

Day 4: Psilocybin, Dextromethrophan, and Cannabis
By day four, my muscles were getting sore and I was fighting a cold, so I decided that it was a good day to break out the shrooms. Unfortunately I had only been able to obtain a single gram of dried psilocybin cubensis from my friend before leaving. I wanted I stronger trip than 1 gram would be able to give me so, for better or for worse, I decided to combine it with DXM. I took the mushrooms and 240 mg of dextromethrophan HBR about 20 minutes after taking 160 mg of dextropethrophan polistirex. I also took 8 mg chloropheniramine to reduce itching. I followed that with a 1.5g marijuana cookie and one THC pill. I prepared a warm bath and set up a "tripping playlist" on my MP3 player. I was starting to feel the DXM (but not the shrooms or weed) in about 45 minutes and was getting butterflies with excitement and decided to smoke a bowl of the headies to calm down. The ensuing trip was very intense. About 75 minutes after my initial dose of DXM, I started feeling very short of breath and a little light-headed. I shut off the lights, laid down in the bath, turned on the music, and drifted away. The things I saw in the next hour are difficult to put into words. At various times I felt as if I was floating through space, witnessing the magnification of fractals, riding on a train through the air, and other strange sensations. The music fueled my hallucinations, most of which were closed-eye. The must intense experience, however, was a several-minute-long open eye vision of what may have been the formation of a star. Surprisingly, I was still able to perform simple tasks such as rebooting the MP3 player when it froze, and adjusting the water temperature. I do not remember getting out of the jacuzzi, but I recall drying and dressing. I remember having a conversation with an elderly man who was certainly a figment of my imagination. The MP3 player never left my ears. Indeed, I felt as if my whole trip was fueled by the music. After getting out of the bath I have a myriad of memories of things I may or may not have done. Some are realistic like pouring myself a bowl of cereal, while others are more fantastic things such as jumping off of buildings or walking through walls. Some of the memories seem vivid, others more hazy, but I am astonished by the sheer quantity of them. I feel like I must have lived through a whole lifetime of memories in the five or six hours I was tripping. At times the trip would become so intense that I would be confined to the bed or couch for periods of what seemed like several hours, although in retrospect they could not have lasted that long. During these periods, I felt ecstatic pleasure coursing through my legs and arms. I found myself forgetting to breathe until my lungs hurt and then remember gasping for breath which was in itself an interesting experience. At times I felt as if I was not a solid being at all, and had several instances of what would be called an "out of body" experiences in which I felt no physical connection to myself at all. Even now, over eight hours after taking the DXM, shrooms, and weed, I still feel in a daze and am having periodic flashbacks of the things I saw/remember. I am also still experiencing brief, diluted flashbacks of the physical ecstasy I felt while overwhelmed by the power of the trip. I am in awe at how intense the DXM-Psilocybin-THC combination was. The trip was something I would have thought reserved for DMT or 2C-B or the like. I am not planning on repeating the experience on this ski trip, although I am not ruling it out for some point in the future. One other note: I smoked a large bong with D that night and did not get high at all. I can think of no satisfactory explanation for this, but given the events of the day I am inclined to believe that psychologically the weed high was ineffectual after the combination high in the preceding hours.

My recommendation is to go low on the mushrooms. Taking more than a two grams with a second or third plateau dose of DXM is supposed to be very difficult to control.

--------------------
Load Universe Into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

OfflineMunkey106
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Lafayette, Louisiana
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Saucy]
    #10160188 - 04/13/09 07:10 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Fantastic trip report. I've been curious about the combination for a while.

Thanks for sharing, man!

Invisiblejds

Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Munkey106]
    #10160191 - 04/13/09 07:10 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I got told LSD+DXM(LSDXM) and DXM+shrooms (dxmushrooms) are both awesome. I talked to a girl that tried both and it's apparently very intense and mind blowing.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

OfflineMokotoko
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: jds]
    #10160329 - 04/13/09 07:35 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Recently I had 500 mg of DXM (I think, can't remember and the bottle is gone) and 3g of shrooms. It was pretty intense. I've tripped on DXM before but never had really great visuals. The trip felt very much like I was only on DXM but the visuals were a lot stronger.

We had a fan going, and the noise it made seemed to be a form of communication between me and the fan. I felt like I understood what it meant to have schizophrenic hallucinations. I could hear the fan and knew it wasn't speaking any language, but emotionally it was telling me things.

I do remember laying on my couch and having my mind go places it has never been before. I'll do it again and try to document it so that I have more to tell you guys. I always seem to lose the really intense things after a day or two.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Mokotoko]
    #10161414 - 04/13/09 10:53 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

What you are doing is a chemical called Robitussin, not dextromethorphan.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Mokotoko]
    #10161427 - 04/13/09 10:58 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

What you are doing is a chemical called Robitussin, not dextromethorphan.

Offlinemtichael
500 channels

Loc: sun
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: psikooz]
    #10161451 - 04/13/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

lol it is so called that and who the fuck cares what its called and robitussin is a brand name

--------------------
The stars relly suck tonight
Hate is so usefull i make sandwichs out of it
:sandwich:

Invisibledarius33
Cogito Ergo Nom

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: psikooz]
    #10161556 - 04/13/09 11:29 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

It is dextromethorphan (DXM) and I used to do it and have stopped. The taste of any kind of cough syrup makes me want to heave. All the extra chemicals in Robitussin just kill my stomach. But if someone could think of a easy way to get purified or pharmaceutical grade DXM then I'd love to trip on it again. Tons of fun.

I know the antihistamine chlorphenamine maleate (CPM) in CCC has a much longer half life than DXM and is dangerous if redosing within 24 hours. But is reaching a recreational dose of 400-800mg DXM safe if taken as a single dose?

One of my best trips ever was watching Neon Genesis Evangelion with Pink Floyd's The Wall in the background it was very quiet on repeat to fill the quiet parts of the anime. To anyone who hasn't tried DXM before, music is essential while on DXM. Any silence brought me to the edge of my sanity.

OfflineLiquid Time
Chronic Bionic

Loc: Earth
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: darius33]
    #10161697 - 04/13/09 11:57 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Yea i ate about 300mg of Robogels with maybe 2.5g of mushrooms and it was awesome.  Basically I danced a shit load like I always do on DXM and overall felt really physically strong/agile/robotic/whatever PLUS got to see all these crazy patterns on the floor, walls, and ceiling. 

The thing is DXM makes me really outgoing, but mushrooms make me feel really awkward and sort of insecure, so it balanced itself out.  Definitely a strange experience

--------------------

OfflineKronic Katatonik
Stranger

#10161711 - 04/14/09 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Several months ago, I attempted the combination.  Dosed around midnight with about 1/16 of mushrooms, as I remember it and a bottle of Robitussin extra strength; I forget how much DXM a bottle contains, but it's usually enough to get me to a medium second plateau - a boundary I didn't want to cross during the experiment.  I had probably the most intense sense of music euphoria I've ever experienced, and I kept feeling as though the music was coming through me.  The physical high was very strong, and sometimes overwhelmingly uncomfortable, but I found that moving usually got rid of it, assuming I could remember to do so. 

I remember that at one point I became a part of the couch.  The CEV's were incredible, and I remember melting into different celestial bodies - mainly star-like spheres made of liquid.  Luckily I didn't experience any physical dissociation, but as the trip progressed, I became less and less aware that my friend was even in the room with me. 

Emotionally I was quite stable, and at certain points even euphoric, although these spurts didn't last long before I regained an almost neutrality (for want of a better word) for almost everything, which is characteristic of my DXM trips, but very unusual for my shroom trips.  I remember distinctly thinking that everything in the world that existed - light, carpet, thoughts & ideas - were manifestations of myself and that I could become any one of them that I wished at any time I pleased.

At around 4 in the morning, I remember thinking that I was almost only feeling the shrooms - partly because I was giggling like a little girl, and partly because I was far more interested in my hallucinations, which by this point were almost all OEV's and mainly included walls waving and the paintings on my wall coming to life - the characters moving, but in awkward & repetitive ways.  I had to take my print of The Scream down, because the dark shadows in the background were scaring me. 

I'm sorry that it wasn't as eloquent or as interesting as Saucy's post, but I thought you might want to read a less intense report.

OfflineKronic Katatonik
Stranger

#10161748 - 04/14/09 12:06 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

By the way, to darius33, dextroverse.org has a great deal of information regarding Dextromethorphan extraction, as well as the dangers of using CCCs.  Corcidin Cough & Cold has been responsible for several fatal incidents, and I highly recommend leaving it alone.  I can't give you a great deal of information regarding it, but it is quite dangerous.

Invisibledarius33
Cogito Ergo Nom

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Kronic Katatonik]
    #10166385 - 04/14/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Thank you for that link! It has a CCC extraction to remove the CPM (CCC Extraction). CPM is dangerous when you don't have a break in dosing of at least twenty-four hours but I'm glad that they had an extraction. I hope I can find something to make the purified DXM more palatable because it tastes nasty straight.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10166399 - 04/14/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

dxm does not go well with mushrooms

dxm is to be taken with dxm, and dxm only :wink:

and yes music is part of the experience,

doing dxm in silence is just plain boring.

and kids, please, stay away from CCC, just get robitussion pills, much easier then syrup or extracting.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (04/14/09 06:58 PM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#10166655 - 04/14/09 07:29 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I had a 2c-e/dxm experience at a similar dose, that also resulted in a relatively lucid state. My vision was clear unlike usual DXM experiences and proportion had an odd look to it.

You should remember this http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9700901#9700901

Quote:

Moo456 said:
I combined a small amount of 2c-e with DXM and it was very strange. It was incredible because it made my vision focused opposed to the normal blurriness that DXM causes. It was pretty nice actually. Way more clearheaded and comfortable than salvia, but even stranger.

--------------------

Edited by Moo456 (04/14/09 08:13 PM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10166694 - 04/14/09 07:33 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Also I believe there have been studies in rats that show 5-ht psychedelics reducing olneys lesions when used with DXM.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: Moo456]
    #10166710 - 04/14/09 07:36 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Moo456 said:
Also I believe there have been studies in rats that show 5-ht psychedelics reducing olneys lesions when used with DXM.

I also believe that Olney's Lesions don't exist in humans.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (04/14/09 07:36 PM)

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: Mushrooms / Tussin Combinations ? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10166737 - 04/14/09 07:41 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

One way or another dissociatives do fuck with some aspect of your nervous system with extended use. I think some may be more sensitive to that than others, but I also think everyone has their limit.

In any case moderation is for the best.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate