Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineClash_07
The Owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: 5280
Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions
    #9893446 - 03/01/09 10:01 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Hey guys
Id like to start things off by stating that i have never tripped (well i dont believe i have) on any substance and am very curious to see what its like.

A while back my friend and I took part in consuming some dried Amanita Muscaria (mostly caps) but neither of us really felt anything, maybe a stomach ache at best. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and i felt a vertigo... however, i thought i was just tired. All and all, this post is for someone to give me some advice.

I was talking to my friend about a mushroom called Amanita muscaria var. formosa... heres a picture -

We are not sure if this would even do anything for us... Its different from the red ones we ate before but we dont know a lot of people who trip so we dont have anyone to ask about the effects of it... I've read a lot of posts that say the formosa can be eaten and it's cool and a lot of others that say it's dangerous and has a bad type of trip. * i also add that i'd buy from an online vendor *

Would anyone be able to clarify if it has hallucinogen effects, the dosage for first timers or personal experience (even read articles)?

I would appreciate it if anyone could get back to me!
Im excited to try these magics out

Edited by Clash_07 (03/02/09 04:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: Clash_07]
    #9894546 - 03/02/09 01:26 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

ugh theres so much to be said about amanita personally im not in the mood to explain it now i had a long weekend a very good long weekend but a long one.

ill get back to you on this im just bumping it pretty much right now

i think posting a picture of amanita and posting a picture of one you collected and shared with a bunch of people is a hugely different thing. its like having a picture of a group of friends and having a picture of you and your friends. but as you said you you dont have knowledge about them.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7104449#7104449

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9000030/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineClash_07
The Owl
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: thedudenj]
    #9897590 - 03/02/09 03:56 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

okay that's cool thanks though

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9899629 - 03/02/09 08:49 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Yes, Amanita muscaria var. formosa contains ibotenic acid and muscimol. It is psychoactive.

But unless it was collected in Europe, it's not really Amanita muscaria var. formosa.

As always before eating a mushroom, make sure you have the proper ID. Check out the link in my sig for proper identification of Amanita muscaria mushrooms, and a discussion of the different varieties/subspecies of the mushroom.

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i think posting a picture of amanita and posting a picture of one you collected and shared with a bunch of people is a hugely different thing. its like having a picture of a group of friends and having a picture of you and your friends.

:yesnod:

I also VERY highly recommend adding a teaspoon or two of the mushroom to marinades when cooking steak (or really any meat, I just used some of my canned ones in a steak marinade tonight and it was :drooling:)

OfflineClash_07
The Owl
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9900002 - 03/02/09 09:27 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

okay thanks for the reply

I'm planning on buying from bouncing bear botanicals
I'm unsure if they were picked in europe... I assume they are.. Do you know if online vending is a good idea or not?

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #9900050 - 03/02/09 09:33 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Amanita mushrooms bought online are pretty hit-or-miss.  The potency of them is extremely variable, and typically pretty weak compared to ones picked yourself. I have absolutely no idea why this is the case, but it seems to be.

Of course, for people who don't live where they grow, it's about the only option. Some people have been successful with them (I think deCypher has had positive things to say about them).

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9900594 - 03/02/09 10:43 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

I love amanita. M, and var formosa as additives and as nice subtle trips by themselves.

I have mainly used them as additives though.

They are psychedelic, but nothing like psi mushrooms.

You could ask some random psychonaut if they like amanitas and chances are they think its just some sort of drunken high.

I dont feel that way at all though.

They can be one hell of a thing.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (03/02/09 10:44 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: yageman]
    #9900721 - 03/02/09 11:00 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

I prefer them to Psilocybe, frankly.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: deCypher]
    #9900759 - 03/02/09 11:05 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
I prefer them to Psilocybe, frankly.

Really????

Thats a unique point of view(and a weird way of wording that) and id like to hear more about it, if you dont mind me asking.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: yageman]
    #9900892 - 03/02/09 11:22 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Amanitas just have this feel to them.  Old, lost-to-the-ages gleams of divinity amongst the mist of a Pagan dawn.  A sense of salvation, apotheosis, and rebirth in a way that is far more gnostic in the Spiritual sense than the more mentally comprehensible magic mushroom.

I can't quite explain why I dig them.  I take exceptionally large doses (1 oz dried usually, but I place the blame for low potency on Internet vendors); they work best before sleep or the induction of a trance state.  The blend between dream metaphor and waking life is absolutely fantastic; it's almost reminiscent of a deliriant except with a very pleasant, euphoric body load.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria Var Formosa questions [Re: deCypher]
    #9900935 - 03/02/09 11:33 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Well thats really fucking interesting.

Be sure to know that I feel what you are saying.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9901274 - 03/03/09 12:54 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

yeah its totally called guessowii and persicina

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies