Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated
    #9900840 - 03/02/09 11:12 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Kaniz doesn't post anymore. Colonel Kurtz doesn't post anymore.  Wiccan and Namaste don't post a whole lot these days, and I don't think either of them really read that forum much anymore.

Can we get a little more active mod in there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9900990 - 03/02/09 11:45 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I agree. Some posters in there are getting a bit out of hand.

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: HappyTrippin]
    #9901038 - 03/02/09 11:54 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah. Posts about sources, advice aimed at getting the less intelligent posters (or lurkers) to accidentally kill themselves...

That place is in serious need of moderation.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #9901317 - 03/03/09 01:06 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

The moderators for the Philosophy & Spirituality forum seem to be MIA as well. What's going on around here?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #9902105 - 03/03/09 08:26 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

you guys use the forum, how about you throw some names up of possible candidates.

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9902284 - 03/03/09 09:21 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Teefizzle suggested me.  I think I'd make a fair one. I don't mind the "I took x amount and this is what I experienced", but there's a whole lot of "How much should I take?" posts that are against the forum rules for a good reason.  While there's only a couple posters who engage in it, the trolling element of that forum really needs to go.  ODD is a dangerous forum to give terrible/fatal advice as a joke.  And of course the no sources and no pill IDs rules are there for a good reason and would be enforced (pill ID requests would be locked and directed to pill identification resources).  Other than those few things, it'd stay business as usual.

Decypher is a bit newer to the forum, but I think he'd be a solid choice as well (edit: I guess he's been around a year, hard to believe it's been that long! I remember giving him his first rating).

And usefulidiot13 has been a pretty consistent presence on the board for a while, I'm sure he'd be a good choice if he has any inclination for the task.

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#9902315 - 03/03/09 09:28 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

i think dosage amount is fine as long as its coming from trusted users!!!! i guess you might find it hard to find any trusted users!!!! but wtf!!!

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #9902351 - 03/03/09 09:35 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

That rule is pretty clearly explained in the forum rules:

Quote:

Posts which request or dispense dosage information are not permitted. The reason behind this is to prevent unintentional misinformation based upon issues of personal body chemistry, including physical and behavioral tolerance. General dose charts can often be found at the static information libraries noted above.

I think that's totally legitimate.  If a newb asks how much DXM to take, get's told 600 mg, and it turns out he's a slow metabolizer, then he just got seriously fucked by some brash advice.

The way I interpret the rule, there's no problem with people stating how much of a substance they've done, and which what effects (as long as they mention whether or not they have tolerance to the drug in question).  And if a person comes to their own conclusions extrapolating from the dosage of others, that's fine, they're accepting responsibility for choosing their dosage.

But to recommend a dosage is always potentially irresponsible.  If a person wants a general outline of what doses typically achieve what effect, there's always erowid and other such sites that have that information.  But it makes sense that such advice shouldn't be the provenance of the Shroomery, because of the potential for things to go wrong based on idiosyncratic issues.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #9902532 - 03/03/09 10:16 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

i made a post in the mod's forum so it can be discussed.

--------------------
View My Gallery

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9904280 - 03/03/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Agree with entropymancer.  Its especially bad with opiates.  People say "yeah man take a 80 oxycodone you pussy" when they have no idea what the person's tolerance, route of ingestion, or what the presently active drugs in their body is. Really ridiculous.  The resources are so easily found its really stupid to need to ask those questions anyways.  They should put in the rules how to find prescribing information for drugs and why you should look.  It is authoritative information and can tell you a) how much drug is safe to start with for a given purpose; b) what abuse resistant features are present (they are usually listed as patents); c) what the risks and contraindications of at least clinical use is; d) confirm your identification of the pill

Entropymancer and useful idiot would be good mods.  Usefulidiot has been their for  a while and knows his stuff, isn't an idiot, and is active and respected.  Entropymancer knows him some pharmacology and knows why you don't presume someone will metabolize drugs just like you in the example he gave above.  Both would be a great asset.

Edit:  Another great benifit to these individuals' nomination is both understand the complex pharmacology of th xanax blunt and will be able to use their expertise to assist those dancing with this harsh mistress.

Entropymancer and useful idiot :thumbup:

Edited by johnm214 (03/03/09 03:48 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: johnm214]
    #9904531 - 03/03/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I agree.  Something does need to be done.  I say that administration adds a mod to the forum.  Someone who is actually active with in the forum.  I don't want to say that the veteran mods like Wiccan are doing a terrible job.  They are just mods for multiple forums, i say we get a mod ONLY for the ODD forum.  Administration went ahead and did the same thing with LSDreamer in the PE forum, do the some thing with ODD!

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #9908216 - 03/04/09 01:19 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Teefizzle suggested me.  I think I'd make a fair one. I don't mind the "I took x amount and this is what I experienced", but there's a whole lot of "How much should I take?" posts that are against the forum rules for a good reason.  While there's only a couple posters who engage in it, the trolling element of that forum really needs to go.  ODD is a dangerous forum to give terrible/fatal advice as a joke.  And of course the no sources and no pill IDs rules are there for a good reason and would be enforced (pill ID requests would be locked and directed to pill identification resources).  Other than those few things, it'd stay business as usual.

Decypher is a bit newer to the forum, but I think he'd be a solid choice as well (edit: I guess he's been around a year, hard to believe it's been that long! I remember giving him his first rating).

And usefulidiot13 has been a pretty consistent presence on the board for a while, I'm sure he'd be a good choice if he has any inclination for the task.

All three people mentioned would make great choices.

The last time I checked out the ODD forum it was pretty ridiculous. Noobs are giving terrible advice left and right and not being pimp slapped for it.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineGotbeef
Rusty Old Hag!
Male

Loc: Neepish.
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #9908514 - 03/04/09 04:12 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I nominate uncle luke and coaster to mod ODD.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Gotbeef]
    #9909341 - 03/04/09 10:00 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I lurk around that forum, and am very impressed by Entropymancer's pharmacology and chemistry knowledge. I even have a degree in Pharmacology, but feel schooled when reading EM's posts :smile: EM is a fair, knowledgeable, and mature poster - and thus a great candidate for a mod.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: johnm214]
    #9909512 - 03/04/09 10:40 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Edit:  Another great benifit to these individuals' nomination is both understand the complex pharmacology of th xanax blunt and will be able to use their expertise to assist those dancing with this harsh mistress.

:lol:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9910475 - 03/04/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

kinda weird that none of the admins have bothered to post in this thread yet.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: TameMe]
    #9910511 - 03/04/09 01:38 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Entropymancer would be my top candidate.
Id do it and think Id do a decent job. Im not an expert on pills but I am on the natural plant based substances, and have experience with more of them than anyone else I know.
DeCypher would be great.
I disagree on usefulidiot13.

Edited by MisterMuscaria (03/04/09 01:40 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9912177 - 03/04/09 06:01 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Entropymancer and/or Teefizzle would be solid moderators.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: deCypher]
    #9912632 - 03/04/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

My vote is for teefizzle.
entrpymancer is a good choice, but teefizzle is more of an active member in the forum.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: The ODD forum appears to be unmoderated [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9912660 - 03/04/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, teefizzle would be a really solid choice too.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale