Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Loc: under the stars
re-inoculate
    #989600 - 10/24/02 03:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I made a batch of six jars a while ago, some are doing great, but in 5 of them, there are spots inoculation points that just aren't colonizing. no big deal, maybe I forgot to shake the syringe before that hole, or whatever. There is one jar though, that still shows zero growth. They were all cooled thoroughly, and I did not burn the spores in the needle....
Anyways, It has been just over 2 weeks now (in incubation chamber) and still nothing, so I am wondering if it would be worth it to re-inoculate. There are no contams growing. I'm just wonering if it would be a bad idea cause i would push any contams on the top layer of vermiculite down into the substrate...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: re-inoculate [Re: trancefishy]
    #989615 - 10/24/02 03:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You can if you want, but if its been that long, then there might be an unseen contam. I had six pint jars of Puerto Ricans. All but one germinated and colonized within a month (no incubator, stupid me), one didn't show anything. Then one day, about a month and a half after incubation, it just started growing. I was stoked as all hell. It got about half way colonised, then the green struck. So my guess is it has an unseen, If I were you I would remove that jar, and either toss it and make some new substrate, or leave it on your shelf and see what happens.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Re: re-inoculate [Re: Skikid16]
    #989661 - 10/24/02 03:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As soon as I read that, I took the jar out of the incubator, better to be safe than sorry. When I took the cake out though (it was uncontaminated, or at least, nothing was growing), the cake was very hard, like a rock. Is this normal? It seemed too hard for any mycelium to grow into. My rice was chunkier than regular BRF, since I ground it myself. I figured I would get more nutrients if it was fresh ground. so maybe that did it, or the cake is supposed to be hard, very very hard.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: re-inoculate [Re: trancefishy]
    #989675 - 10/24/02 03:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No not at all, either your jars lost all their water, or you got some weird contams going on in your house, I'm guessing your jars dried out. A properly prepared, colonized brf cake should feel like a dense sponge.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinetrancefishy
ambiguity

Re: re-inoculate [Re: Skikid16]
    #989682 - 10/24/02 03:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

shit, that sucks.... I hope the rest are not like that (probably are, but they are growing ok, so i guess it doesn't matter). I am going to puta few of those in horse poo, and deinately dunk teh rest for like 16 hours or something, when i birth them....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation