Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDVSRAT
Stranger
Metabolites?
    #9885863 - 02/28/09 05:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Below are two pictures of a rye bag that was inoculated with PE about 2 months ago.  The Myc growth seemed to be pretty slow at the beginning (as expected) but exploded after I mixed it up.  As you see in the first pic, the bag seems to be on its way with evidence of Myc Metabolites.  My concern is for the bottom of the bag.  As you see in the second picture, there seems to be a high amount of brownish liquid at the bottom of the bag (obviously the lowest part).  The bag is really mushy at the bottom but has no smell other than the organic earthy smell. I've kept the temperature around 74-77 degrees as i know that the bags tend to generate some of there own heat.

So i have two questions:

1.  Is this liquid at the bottom just an abundance of Metabolites?
2.  If so, is there any benefits to draining it out?

I read a post from RR that said the Metabolites have no negative effect on Myc growth, but for some reason, seeing the standing pools of this liquid concerns me.

I appreciate the insight and thank you in advanced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Metabolites? [Re: DVSRAT]
    #9888969 - 03/01/09 09:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There's metabolites, but also bacteria contamination and what appears to be black mold.  That thing is trashed.  Toss it out, and don't open it first.  Toss bag and everything into the bin.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineDVSRAT
Stranger
Re: Metabolites? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9890640 - 03/01/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

That's what I feared.  Some of the rye kernels turned black on the inside, is that what you are referring to as black mold?

Thanks for the input RR.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder