Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Stephon Marbury to the Celtics
    #9878958 - 02/27/09 04:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That's a pretty good player at the league minimum for the Celtics.

You can't possibly believe he'll be trouble in the Celtics locker-room.  KG, Pierce, or Allen would beat the shit of him.

And they really needed someone to score, which Marbury can certainly do.

If he's not terribly rusty, this puts the Celtics clearly ahead of any contender in the East.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9879126 - 02/27/09 05:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I hate Boston like an ex-wife but why do you think they need to change anything?  They're pretty fucking good and Marbury is, frankly, a chump.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9879178 - 02/27/09 05:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Eh, they were likely fine for the regular season, but will need something extra for the playoffs.

Posey played alot of minutes for them last year and he's gone, and you need someone to sub Rondo.

The guy is a bum, but he can play basketball in the right situation.  Like Randy Moss, a total jag, but a good player if in an organization where he's not allowed to make an ass of himself.

Unlike New York,they can cut him at any time without any trouble.  They aren't paying him shit.

And he knows he's auditioning for a contract next year...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9879464 - 02/27/09 06:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

As much of a schmuck he is, I'm sure he'd like to jump on a bandwagon for a chance to win. Plus, I'm bet he's hoping absurdly that if he can shut the fuck up a few season on a good team and be a good boy, people will forget about him. He'll behave or be waived.

Not to mention they need a backup PG.

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9882087 - 02/28/09 02:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Comparing Moss to SM is a bit out of whack. Moss was arguably the greatest player in his sport for a few years, and is one of the greatest athletes, and when he wanted to be, just purely unstoppable players to ever play the game.

Marbury got paid money to NOT play.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: whattheheck]
    #9882732 - 02/28/09 07:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, to tell you the truth I don't think Marbury is a very good player at all.  Gaudy stats don't necessarily equate to winning contributions.  The piece last weekend in the NY Times magazine about Shane Battier did a lot to clarify why stats aren't all that in Basketball.  Every time Marbury leaves the team gets better.  Every time.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9882749 - 02/28/09 08:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Here's the article on Battier
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html?_r=1

Quite long but worth it.

--------------------

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #9888761 - 03/01/09 07:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with the idea that Boston could use a little extra "something" in their arsenal come post-season, I just don't think Marbury is it. Yes they do need a sub for Rondo, but with the big 3 out there, it's already tight enough getting everyone their respective looks at the basket. It seems really apparent to me personally that Rondo just doesn't respect Ray Allen in the way he respects either Pierce or KG. I couldn't tell you how many times I'll spot Ray out on the perimeter, WIDE open, and they just don't get him the ball. That's just fucking retarded, seeing as he's arguably the purest shooter in the game.

Anyway, Marbury certainly has (or at least had) great court vision and passing skills, but he's still got a scorer's mentality, he always has. I'm not sure that this is what Boston needs, however if he can humble himself to simply serve the TEAM and not himself then maybe it could work out.

Oh, and let's not kid ourselves, Marbury was pretty fucking awesome in his prime. He had just about the nastiest crossover ever, and put up some very solid stats for a good stretch there.

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Edited by Soularize (03/01/09 07:19 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: Soularize]
    #9888827 - 03/01/09 07:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Soularize said:

Oh, and let's not kid ourselves, Marbury was pretty fucking awesome in his prime. He had just about the nastiest crossover ever, and put up some very solid stats for a good stretch there.

That's wonderful.  Did he ever help a team actually win?

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9890269 - 03/01/09 01:26 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah, not to mention his prime was 8 years ago.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9890289 - 03/01/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Their old backup point guard was EDDIE FREAKING HOUSE.

If you don't believe Marbury is better than house, your basketball iq is zero.

Eddie House!

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9890306 - 03/01/09 01:31 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

He killed it at ASU :shrug:

I'm not saying it's an awful thing, but rooting for Starbury is like rooting for herpes.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9890318 - 03/01/09 01:33 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Season  G  GS  MPG  FG%  3p%  FT%  OFF  DEF  RPG  APG  SPG  BPG  TO  PF  PPG

Career   570 30 17.1 0.411 0.389 0.836 0.2 1.5 1.7 1.6 0.7 0.0 0.84 1.30 7.6

:what:

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9890344 - 03/01/09 01:37 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

He's getting paid millions to suck in the NBA :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9890429 - 03/01/09 01:47 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

So are many other people, as evidenced by that Simmons article we were discussing...

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9890495 - 03/01/09 01:56 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

I can see why they signed him, but it makes me sick.

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9894782 - 03/02/09 03:36 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

I will put it this way. As a Cavaliers fan it doesnt piss me off one bit to have Marbury playing in Boston. Hes past his prime, hes a piece of shit human being, and I hope his attitude creates problems with him in Boston as well

I cant say it was a dumb move to sign him, they needed depth, he was cheap, and he can still play ball. But I dont think he gives Boston any kind of edge all of a sudden

Cleveland is still the most complete team in the NBA

Offlinehotkarl
fresh daily
Male

Loc: West Coast, USA
Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #9908049 - 03/04/09 12:36 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

I couldn't agree more with KillerPicklez, although Lakers definitely take Cleveland

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: hotkarl]
    #9908167 - 03/04/09 01:04 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

We'll see, I have this feeling the Cavs are destined to get a Finals Championship this year. The city of Cleveland deserves it

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Stephon Marbury to the Celtics [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #9908566 - 03/04/09 05:17 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

No, they don't.

The city of Cleveland doesn't deserve a fucking thing.

It's fucking Cleveland.

They deserve an NBA championship like Fargo deserves the Winter Olympics.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom