Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrEntropy
Schrodinger'sCat

Loc: In a box . . . with a dia...
questions concerning bleach pasteurization
    #987377 - 10/23/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

1 . . . can anyone post a link detailing this process (i think i know how its done, but better safe than sorry) 2 . . . can this be done with dung as well, or just straw? thanks . . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
Re: questions concerning bleach pasteurization [Re: MrEntropy]
    #988119 - 10/23/02 10:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Mr. Entropy? what kind of stupid name is that... heheh  :smile:

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
Loc: ShowMeState
    #988563 - 10/24/02 01:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Do a search

OfflineMrEntropy
Schrodinger'sCat

Re: questions concerning bleach pasteurization [Re: Starspawn]
    #988684 - 10/24/02 03:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ah yes . . . its so quick to throw that out . . . do a search . . . do a search . . . assume what you will . . . but i have searched . . . and searched . . . and, umm, searched? . . . yes, that . . . both the site (which, for some reason, always lists the 9er Technique first no matter the search string) and the forums using almost every possible combination of "straw", "bleach", and "pasteurize" plus various suffixes . . . i have found one post that listed the process, but i wanted a document to varify . . . and i have never seen an answer to my second question . . . i rarely post here, though i often surf through, simply because i DO take the time to search . . . so, i'm sorry if i've bothered anyone with a redundancy . . . thank you so much for your patience and your dedication to the spread of knowledge . . .

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
    #988816 - 10/24/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Alright,please accept my apology,i know how the search can come up with no matches.This will be the 3rd time that i've posted this "tek" out of T.M.C.First find a 5 gallon bucket with a lid.Fill with 4.5 gallons of hot tap water.For every 4.5 add 1/2 cup of bleach,try to find the bleach that is more concentrated,if you just have regular then add a little more then 1/2 a cup.Next take a pillow case or any bag that will drain easy,and put straw about 3/4ths full.Tie the bag in a knot,then tie a rope under the knot so it can be picked up.Thread the rope through a weight and put in the bucket.Keep in the bathtub so when water comes out from the weight it will go down the drain.After its settled poke the bag with a stick to get the air out,put lid on.If the straw is chopped very small it will be ready when the bucket is cold.If its not chopped short (1 to 4 inches)then leave atleast 24 hours.After its done just hang to drain.Squeeze it with your hands or wait 24 more hours.DO NOT RINCE.Dump the straw in whatever you want,its ready.Dump the bleach/straw tea down the drain,it will be just as dark as if it was done with heat.Thats it.Next time try searching by user names,if you want to know about bleach then check out Hippie3,he was the first one to post experiments with bleach.Also keep your posts in the right forums, this should'nt be in advanced.

OfflineMrEntropy
Schrodinger'sCat

Re: questions concerning bleach pasteurization [Re: Starspawn]
    #988964 - 10/24/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i thank you sincerely starspawn . . . now . . . does anyone know if this will work with dung as well as straw?

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
    #990732 - 10/24/02 07:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

monkey blood. soap suds. penis panhandlers. proseltyzing whores.

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

OfflineStarspawn
NotGoodJustLucky
    #993955 - 10/25/02 11:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No dung in bleach.You have to use heat only dung.The water ratio has to be right before pasteurizing,and if you use bleach water it will turn to mud.Use a pan with foil or a ovenbag.Ovenbags will hold a lot more so that is the best,just keep the temp under 175.After the straw is drained very well just mix both,some people let the straw colonize alone.After a week when its done use the dung to make a casing layer 1or2 inches,very light and not packed down.After thats colonized put a real casing layer on top.After it flushes a couple times peel the casing off all the way to the top of the straw,put more dung,and casing mix again.The reason to keep the two substrates apart is the straw has way less nutrients then dung.Less nutrients less contaminations.But also the mushrooms will be weaker, so when the dung is added on top it gets a nutrient boost.If the two are mixed then when its exhausted of nutrients then it has to be replaced and spawned again.I think mixing the two is the best way,its more consistent with size and potency.But the number of flushes is less.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract