Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineallhallows
4th dimensionexplorer
Male

Loc: NJ
weird raid that went down in my town
    #9886904 - 02/28/09 09:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Some kid that grew up down the street from me got busted a few days ago for growing mushrooms.  Here is what is weird.  Over the last 3 years or so he's been dealing all kinds of other shit...not mushrooms.  Well he ordered a grow kit and some spores off of the internet and got busted 3 weeks later. 

Now, the cops didn't come for him.  They came for his wife because he apparently used her credit card to order the kit.  And when the police came, they arrived with a HAZMAT truck to take away the jars.

Now if he is a dealer of only "other" shit up to the grow, and his wife had nothing to do with it, and they had Hazmat trucks come with the cops, was he caught just from ordering the kit and spores online?

From what I understand, (and this is all heresay because I don't really know the kid, but my friends hang around him quite often), he didn't tell a soul about the grow.  Apparently, he didn't even tell his wife, who they originally came for.  And since he has been selling other shit for years, why would they come with mushrooms their only priority, hence the hazmat truck.  He only ordered them 3 weeks prior.

Now he's served time, and was on probation now (i think), does that make it ok to track his wifes credit card order?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: weird raid that went down in my town [Re: allhallows]
    #9886912 - 02/28/09 09:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Why would they bring a hazmat truck to bust a mushroom grow?

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9886938 - 02/28/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Seems strange.  Why would they be checking his wifes credit card? 

Could of been randomly reported by the credit card people but that doesn't seem likely.

I think its more likely that they busted him from his dealing and the rest is just rumour.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: weird raid that went down in my town [Re: D4NK]
    #9886964 - 02/28/09 09:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

D4NK said:
Why would they bring a hazmat truck to bust a mushroom grow?

The police aren't very knowledgeable about drug matters.

They see pressure cookers and jars and likely think meth...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineallhallows
4th dimensionexplorer
Male

Loc: NJ
Re: weird raid that went down in my town [Re: Ego Death]
    #9886985 - 02/28/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The hazmat truck is the biggest mystery to me. They brought it "with" the police, like they were expecting a HUGE grow or something. The hazmat people took the jars. This kid never sold mushies before. This was his first try I guess.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #9887003 - 02/28/09 09:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ahhh, the joys of being searched and arrested in front of your neighbors  :grin:

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
    #9887059 - 02/28/09 09:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My first thought IF they were checking his wife's bills is that he caught some heat from his actions dealing other illicit substances.  They were watching he and his wife's bills and noticed a charge for mushroom spores.  Really though, what company would bill their customers with "Psilocybe cubensis spores" though?  Even if they noticed the spores charge, I don't believe that alone is enough for a warrant.

If I had to guess though, I'd say someone ratted him out.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: weird raid that went down in my town [Re: D4NK]
    #9887075 - 02/28/09 09:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

D4NK said:
My first thought IF they were checking his wife's bills is that he caught some heat from his actions dealing other illicit substances.  They were watching he and his wife's bills and noticed a charge for mushroom spores.  Really though, what company would bill their customers with "Psilocybe cubensis spores" though?  Even if they noticed the spores charge, I don't believe that alone is enough for a warrant.

If I had to guess though, I'd say someone ratted him out.

Exactly what I was thinking.  This makes most logical sense from the information that was posted.

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract