Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungus_Amung_Us
First Time Grower
Male User Gallery

Cobweb mold or mycelium?
    #9877814 - 02/27/09 02:55 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I have this casing of pan cyans and dont know whether this stuff growing is mycelium or cobweb mold, all looks kinda the same to me as far as i could tell from all the low res pictures ive seen. The pan i was using for the casing was a little to big, so only one side of it has a lower layer of colonized substrate, i just filled in the left side with more 50/50 casing mix(also the top left corner has some substrate, but something just made me want to try and isolate it from the rest in case it was contaminated). The casing has been in the fruiting chamber for about 4 days now and this white-ish substance is growing up from only the areas that are on top of the substrate, so that makes me kinda think that its mycelium, because if it was cobweb mold, I would think it would be growing anywhere on the casing layer....I have also misted it with about 5% peroxide in a water bottle, just did that today just in case. oh yea, and i read somewhere that cobweb mold can grow reallly fast, and the stuff on my casing is groing fast, but not spreading like a wildfire, like i said, this is about 4 days in....

p.s. I know pans are supposed to be kinda hard for newbs, but i didnt know what i was ordering back then lol, just hoping for some fruits

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHorusTh3Chrous

Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium? [Re: Fungus_Amung_Us]
    #9878248 - 02/27/09 03:40 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

too early to tell, get some better pics later.. if it is mold your already fucked, just dont put em around anything u wanna keep sterile.

OfflineFungus_Amung_Us
First Time Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium? [Re: HorusTh3Chrous]
    #9879635 - 02/27/09 06:37 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

ok yea ill post some more pics when it get thicker and more abundant and what not

OfflineJayBrasco
Goodwill Shroomin'
 User Gallery

#9879659 - 02/27/09 06:40 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

wow a million things can grow wrong when your a noob growing mushies...now im sure you know the ideal conditions of pans and what not.

its gonna be harder to tell if its cobweb or myc at first since both are grey....now if its white...it is most likely trich(notgood)

if its cobweb you might wanna spray with h202.

OfflineFungus_Amung_Us
First Time Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium? [Re: JayBrasco]
    #9879989 - 02/27/09 07:26 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

isnt mycelium white? if i were to say a color now, id say it was closer to white, originally looked kinda whiter side of gray, but now that its growing in a little thicker id say its getting a little more white. Ive seen pictures of trich and it definately doesnt look like it, but never had any hands on experience

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9880095 - 02/27/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Looking lIke MYC to me right now. If its totally gray then it's cobweb. That looks white to me.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflineJayBrasco
Goodwill Shroomin'
 User Gallery

#9880102 - 02/27/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

yezzir but not pan myc...search it up.

if its white and your intentions were to grow pans...you might have a problem there.

but you never know just isolate and when it colonizes a bit more mist with peroxide, if it fizzes then you have one hell of a cesspool. if it doesnt then your good..

myc is supposed to be resistant to peroxide at small amounts, im not sure about pans. im not well experienced with them. ask a trusted cultivator they give great advice. :goodluck:

OfflineFungus_Amung_Us
First Time Grower
Male User Gallery

#9880126 - 02/27/09 07:41 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

if i have been spraying it with peroxide, wouldnt that kill the mold? because even by spraying it, the stuff is still spreading, so im really starting to think that its mycelium, but ill post some better pics tomorrow when it gets a little easier to see

OfflineJayBrasco
Goodwill Shroomin'
 User Gallery

#9880167 - 02/27/09 07:46 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

i am not sure about mold, cobweb yes! but if its white and looks like a poofball it can be cobweb mold...cobweb smells weird sord of earthy like old basement, trich is usually white in early stages then starts revealing its moldy color.

now like i said before pan myc is gray. some better pictures might clarify the problem.

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9880268 - 02/27/09 08:00 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Fungus_Amung_Us said:
if i have been spraying it with peroxide, wouldnt that kill the mold? because even by spraying it, the stuff is still spreading, so im really starting to think that its mycelium, but ill post some better pics tomorrow when it gets a little easier to see

If you hit that shit with Hydrogen Peroxide it should start to melt if it's cobweb. It will do it damn near instantly. If it doesn't melt then it's either MYC or some other mold. I'd bet it's just MYC. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Quote:

JayBrasco said:
yezzir but not pan myc...search it up.

No need to search anything up. I've seen Pan's MYC. I just neglected to read that part. Yes I know it's a very off white to gray range in color. Where as a cube is pearly white.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Edited by ronjohn7779 (02/27/09 08:01 PM)

Offlinechucklehead
GeneticThrowback toNeanderthal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chucky Cheese
Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium? [Re: JayBrasco]
    #9880314 - 02/27/09 08:06 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

In the few times I had cobweb hit a bulk substrate it ripped through it in a day or two.  That stuff hit fast and hard.  I sprayed it with peroxide.  It melted and then just came right back in a day or so.  I'd say you are not dealing with cobweb.  If it's trich you'll know in a few days.  It'll turn green.  When I did Pans I also had a hard time telling if I had a contamination or not.  After roughly a week it because evident that all was well.

Good luck.

OfflineFungus_Amung_Us
First Time Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Cobweb mold or mycelium? [Re: chucklehead]
    #9880407 - 02/27/09 08:18 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

wow you guys are awesome, im thinking that its just myc now, cause i definately have misted with peroxide a couple times and it seems to still fourish. I guess the only reason i am so worried that its not myc is cause i thought the PF cakes i used were dead, because they were about a year old(not refrigerated, just left in a sealed cardboard box). But if it is mycelium, what should i expect to see? will it eventually cover the whole casing? even the parts that have no colonized substrate beneath them and are straight peat/verm? Does it start to pin after it gets completely covered or could it before? What should i do about light? right now i have it in the dark. Sorry for all the questions, i just know a lot about growing cubensis cause my friends been showing me all the way through to his mushroom cakes, i guess i just cant really believe that i might actually be able to grow this shit, its exciting!!:crazy2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck