Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Lakefingers]
    #9895199 - 03/02/09 08:03 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Code:
I live in a small town in Arkansas with a population of 200 people. There is no hospital and there is no police station. There isnt anything except a single paved raod, a small gas station, a post office and a small little school.

If the machines were destroyed tomorrow it would have no effect on this entire area.

And does this place has a fundamentalist christian background too?

Just kidding. To me, the problems are not the machines, which are obviously part of our " destiny ", but the fact that they are new and that we are still an immature species even though we have been around for a very long time.

Consciousness is a pretty recent innovation as well as machines and as such there is a maturation process to go through in order for us to find an equilibrium both in consciousness and in the destiny we are building for ourselves through technological innovations.

You want to get rid of machines? Here's a tip for you, start be ridding every single human being of an imagination. Because technological innovations are the fruit of our minds, our imaginations and as such, I truely think that they are part of our future as a species, we just need time to learn how to balance ourselves between our imaginations and reality. Once this is achieved though, because humans, even though they act stupid, are incredibly intelligent beings, we might very well found ourselves inhabiting a perfectly balanced ecosystem where machines are in complete symbiosis with nature as we would too.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Hubbub]
    #9897518 - 03/02/09 03:47 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

This technological era we live in is fairly new and became very quickly. Its been maybe 200-300 years out of thousands. We have only been developing tools before then which I have no problem with. (I realize that the definition of tools and machines are very similar, but I believe you know what I mean when I say machine. Advanced Technology) Im not sure how all this came to be so fast. Somehow we have turned on the wrong path. We are very destructive and we are completely out of balance.

Perhaps there was once a day where some city like Atlantis did exist where people dwelled in spiritual issues rather than technological advancements. Who knows what is truely possible when an entire civilization studies in the advancement of only body, mind and self.

We become weaker when we keep giving away our power to technology, in other words, to external objects. We then become dependent on these objects and soon get to the point where we can’t do anything for ourselves. We also become habituated to obeying outside authority. Instead of doing this, the guiding principle of the new consciousness is to operate from our own authority. This means following the Spirit without hesitation.

Our next leap in consciousness will be the mastery of divine expression. We will know that we have everything we need inside of us.

If something isnt done soon we will destroy ourselvs and a day without machines will be forced upon us, but in a MUCH more violent manner.

The current species extinction rate is estimated to exceed the natural or ‘background’ rate by. 100 to a 1000 times.

An estimated annual global CO2 emissions increased 35% from 1990 to 2006. Diesel emissions contribute to over 70% of the cancer risk from air pollution in the USA. According to the US-EPA, emissions from power plants contribute to over 2,800 lung cancer deaths and 38,200 heart attacks annually in the US.

More than 60 million gallons of oil enter the oceans every year. Plankton diversity has been observabley reduced by some 70%.

Poluted water, oceans, soil, atmosphere, diminishing plant and animal species and over population.

More than half of the life on this planet is now extinct and continueing to die.

We are killing ourselvs. Machines arent the solution, they are the problem. This isnt a step back, this is a step forward.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9897675 - 03/02/09 04:12 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

If something isnt done soon we will destroy ourselvs and a day without machines will be forced upon us, but in a MUCH more violent manner.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.:satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Icelander]
    #9897988 - 03/02/09 04:57 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

well... the economy collapsing due to natural disaster and the economy collapsing because poeple just decided not to use it anymore are two totally different things.

--------------------

OfflineMoonraker
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: solstice]
    #9901393 - 03/03/09 01:25 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

solstice said:

Consciousness is a pretty recent innovation...

Pardon? Please tell me I'm missing something.

--------------------
A human race with more highly developed spiritual capacities, with expanded consciousness of the depth and the incomprehensible wonder of being, would also have greater understanding of and better consideration for the biological and material foundation of life on this earth, Above all, for Western people with their hypertrophied rationality, the development and expansion of a direct, emotional experience of reality, unobstructed by words and concepts, would be of evolutionary significance.

Beginning to think is beginning to be undermined.

To fall in hell or soar angelic,
You need a pinch of psychedelic.

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9903167 - 03/03/09 12:25 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I got a better idea, instead of destroying the machines, how about we learn to control ourselves? It would be like sueing McDonalds for making you fat.. little do you realize it is yourself making your fat, and shutting down McDonalds will only make people go to Burger King.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Diaboleros]
    #9903200 - 03/03/09 12:33 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Then we must burn down Burger King.  And torch Wendy's.  Jack in the Box will be nothing but flaming rubble.  We must search out and uproot these foul dens of high cholesterol and raze them where they stand.  The golden arches are the mark of the Beast; engraining its foul nature further into your soul with every fry you force down your stinking gullets.  The Happy Meal enslaves our children when they are young and impressionable; the offer of minimum wage and easy work further binds them when they are job-searching teenagers; and by then the chains of quick, convenient, preservative-laden obesity are forever ensnared with our health and sanity.  Supersize me?  Anything but.

Viva la revolucion!

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Diaboleros]
    #9903205 - 03/03/09 12:35 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

There is an evil beast among us. This demon grows stronger by the day. It is a silent killer and has been distracting us. It wears manny masks and takes many of shapes. This demon has been feasting upon our souls for it has none of its own. It will soon kill us all or entrap us in its fury. We Must Destroy The Machines!!! Despose of modern technology! Annihilate all electricty and use of fossil fuels for this is what it feeds upon, becoming hungrier by the second. RAMPAGE!!!

Can we tame this beast? How exactly could that be done? It seems completely out of control and its got rabies. Time to put it down.

--------------------

Edited by Hubbub (03/03/09 12:49 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: deCypher]
    #9903206 - 03/03/09 12:35 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I fully agree with the above two posts.:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #9903418 - 03/03/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Then we must burn down Burger King.  And torch Wendy's.  Jack in the Box will be nothing but flaming rubble.  We must search out and uproot these foul dens of high cholesterol and raze them where they stand.  The golden arches are the mark of the Beast; engraining its foul nature further into your soul with every fry you force down your stinking gullets.  The Happy Meal enslaves our children when they are young and impressionable; the offer of minimum wage and easy work further binds them when they are job-searching teenagers; and by then the chains of quick, convenient, preservative-laden obesity are forever ensnared with our health and sanity.  Supersize me?  Anything but.

Viva la revolucion!

I bet all that typing and ranting gave you a man-sized appetite. Where do you want to go for lunch?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9903432 - 03/03/09 01:11 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I bet all that typing and ranting gave you a man-sized appetite. Where do you want to go for lunch?

Hitting up Taco Bell shortly.  :drooling:

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9903482 - 03/03/09 01:20 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

If there's anything wrong with the fast food culture, it's that there's really no good way to base insurance rates on what a person eats. But really, the sickness isn't found within the effects of fast food, it's within the cause.

I very rarely eat at those places, though when I was younger I had no problem with it, just like I had no problem downing a 12 pack along with some jello shooters.

I live by my own personal standards, and it seems everyone else does as well, for better or worse. It just seems to me, when we talk about destroying some aspect of culture, we're talking big brother. And I wonder if this is the same crowd that wants to legalize all drugs. Does each person secretly want to force society to conduct itself in a specific manner, or do we have the ability to live and let die?

If we are "one", what does that mean when it comes to personal standards? Could it be, there is a hidden evil in oneness? One ego?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Rahz]
    #9903793 - 03/03/09 02:12 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Theres no ego in oneness. That doesnt even make sense. The only ego in that scenario is Spirit and you cant go wrong following Spirit.

The worst thing about fast food is that healthy food is WAY more expensive!! That doesnt even make sense. How could natural foods be more expensive than the other stuff?

DOWN WITH THE OLD EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!

I dont necessarily believe in Indigo Children, but I do in what they represent. We are the indigo children!

--------------------

Edited by Hubbub (03/03/09 02:29 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9904001 - 03/03/09 02:49 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I think egos can be collective to an extent, but I don't think it's "all good". Collective ego is the machine that drives (driven by) modern society.

Point being, is it my business what other people eat? Do I have the right/responsibility to demand an end to someone else's lifestyle simply because it's bad for them?

According to the leading theory, when the Mayan people decided that their Gods, and leaders, were powerless, they packed up and headed for the woods, leaving all their (tainted) impressive stonework to nature. I'm not sure if I buy that theory, but if people quit wanting fast food, McDees would be forced to shut their doors.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Rahz]
    #9908824 - 03/04/09 07:28 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Code:
 The Happy Meal enslaves our children

Ahah! Classic!

Code:
    solstice said:

Consciousness is a pretty recent innovation...

Pardon? Please tell me I'm missing something.

Well, on the scale of the life of our species, consciousness, meaning the ability to self-reflect, can be traced back to no more than 50 000 years in the past, this is not a very long time on the evolutionary scale of time.

So what I mean is that technological evolution seems like the next step after becoming self conscious and developping language and art. Those people, like Hubbub, although they probably don't realise it, wish that the evolution of our species can be stopped, that the destiny we are sketching for ourselves can be averted. I know of them, they are spreading like bad weed on the internet because, paradoxically, they have realised that internet is a great tool for propagandha.

So when I see them say stuff like : " DOWN WITH THE OLD EMPIRE!!!!!!!!! " I am entitled to laugh but also to " strike back " because what they fail to realise is that they are the agents of the old empire, in the sense that they try to prevent the next step we are about to take.

Code:
There is an evil beast among us. This demon grows stronger by the day. It is a silent killer and has been distracting us. It wears manny masks and takes many of shapes. This demon has been feasting upon our souls for it has none of its own. It will soon kill us all or entrap us in its fury. We Must Destroy The Machines!!! Despose of modern technology! Annihilate all electricty and use of fossil fuels for this is what it feeds upon, becoming hungrier by the second. RAMPAGE!!!

If that isn't proof enough... There is an " evil " among us, a demon, what have you, but do you know what it is? It is the ideology of conservatism, the idea that we should not reach forward, the fear of the future. And you know what this mentality actually says? It says that we shouldn't trust ourselves, that we should be afraid of what we create.

Well, that's bullshit.

Keep up your propagandha Hubbub, I'll be around because what you fail to realise is that there is a law in this world, and this law is the law of opposites which works through friction to achieve progress.:sun:

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9909083 - 03/04/09 08:48 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

So what are you trying to say?

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9909632 - 03/04/09 11:04 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

solstice said:
If that isn't proof enough... There is an " evil " among us, a demon, what have you, but do you know what it is? It is the ideology of conservatism, the idea that we should not reach forward, the fear of the future. And you know what this mentality actually says? It says that we shouldn't trust ourselves, that we should be afraid of what we create.

It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.
--Robert Anton Wilson

--------------------

OfflineHubbub
Mongol of Moot Mute
Male

#9910216 - 03/04/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

How are machines part of our evolution? We have not physically evolved since we left the caves.

What are these opposites you speak of? Im not a fan of laws.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9910250 - 03/04/09 12:50 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Many people misuse the word evolution.

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Re: WE MUST DESTROY THE MACHINES!!! [Re: Icelander]
    #9915116 - 03/05/09 06:41 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Code:
How are machines part of our evolution? We have not physically evolved since we left the caves.

That says a a lot about your philosophy! Have you even thought a minute about what machines are, essentially?

Your point about no more physical evolution since we left the caves is a good one and points to what I'm saying; that machines are an extension of our potential, an extension that allows us to transcend the physical limitations of our bodies. And where are they from, these machines? From our MINDS.

The mind thinks and wishes a lot of things and the mind is where evolution took place after the body got where it had to be. So what you seem to be preaching to us is that we should be satisfied with our physical evolution and restrain from going further down the evolutionary path, which is the path of ideas, of imagination fusing with matter in order to get us out there.

Like I said previously, the machines are not the problems, the problem is lack of maturity. And what you seem to be willing to act out is Mary Shelley's Frankeinstein in blaming the creation and not the creator.

Trying to keep us from reaching an equilibrium between imagination and material responsability is wishful thinking akin to an infantilisation complex. We cannot be " children " forever, we have to grow up and accept our role, fully.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale