Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Killzone 2 owns!
    #9876223 - 02/27/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

omg my eyes hurt, anyone else got this game yet? My personal favourite shooter so far, prefer this to CoD4. I haven't played that many shooters though in all fairness.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9878217 - 02/27/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i dont have the monies :frown:

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #9881215 - 02/27/09 10:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I just bought it played it for about 10 minutes, pretty wicked. I say on tv that later on when you level up theres a way for you to have an invisibility cloak, so when you sit still you become completely transparent but when you move you turn into like predator style, its badass its a sniper perk, pretty wicked.

hit me up my name's fennucci on playstation word.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: snoot]
    #9882635 - 02/28/09 07:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

will it come out on pc?

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: lexmark]
    #9883094 - 02/28/09 09:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

nope :P idk I played this game all night last night, this shit is intense the multiplayer kicks ass, you can tell these guys who made it spent alot of time playing it, and have spent alot of time playing multiplayer shooters. There are tons of lil details that make this game kick serious ass.

Did I mention how seriously trippy this shit is, the levels are sandbox and beautifull asfuck.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Edited by snoot (02/28/09 09:42 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #9883542 - 02/28/09 10:52 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I will have to check this out.

I really enjoyed the original.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineJamio
1337 Tech Nerd
Male

Loc: In The Motherboard
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9884453 - 02/28/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I tried to play it (Download the demo from the UK PSN). However I just could not get into it, the game felt like it was very slow (maybe it was just me tho?). Either way I won't pick this game up.

I can't wait from RE5 tho, and I need to go pick up Afro.

--------------------

When The Power of Love,
Overcomes The Love of Power,
The World Will Know Peace.

Government - The TRUE WMD

InvisibleSvampViking
Går med pumor
Male

#9887622 - 02/28/09 11:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The SP isn't as tactical as I thought it should be, but it still kicked ass.  MP is awesome.

--------------------
The human experience is such that we are caught between being monkies and gods.  It is up to us to decide which direction to go in.

Everything is everything, and everything is becoming itself.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: SvampViking]
    #9888971 - 03/01/09 09:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ya the MP is my favourite thing about it. Takes a lot more skill than most shooters. The class system is well original aswell.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
    #9890433 - 03/01/09 01:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah Killzone 2 is teh pwn.

it's fucking dope.

my ps3 name is McShiest.

feel free to add me, I'm always playing.

I'm in a clan that battles and shit and we are recruiting.

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: mycoprog]
    #9892604 - 03/01/09 08:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

my name is fennucci feel free to join my clan dimethyltryptamine

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
    #9895634 - 03/02/09 10:17 AM (15 years, 30 days ago)

haha i've always thought DMT would make a great clan tag...

i'll add you next time i'm on

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9901847 - 03/03/09 06:21 AM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Guessing neither of you play on EU servers? I'll add you anyway i guess, my tag is Pscilocybe. :tongue:

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9906472 - 03/03/09 08:28 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Europe? I like the fact that on this game you can specify which nations server's you wish to play, I wish more games were like that.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9921168 - 03/06/09 02:54 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

i havent played it, but almost everyone i play COD4 with is already back to playing COD4....

so that tells me something. plus everyone says the movement is super slow.

basically, the multiplayer sucks compared with whats out there, but the storyline game is sick.

conclusion: wait for cod6.

its going to win GOTY again. Im thinking about buying the triton headset for it.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #9921217 - 03/06/09 03:38 AM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

basically, the multiplayer sucks compared with whats out there, but the storyline game is sick.

I thought it was the other way around, a lot of people don't like the controls but i think it's just different. I prefer it there's less auto aim and it just takes a bit more skill in general. The classes are more original than most aswell and i much prefer the maps to most games.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9922226 - 03/06/09 11:05 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

it most certainly is the other way around

Quote:

i havent played it, but almost everyone i play COD4 with is already back to playing COD4....

lol asfar as I'm aware thats some bs, everyone I know that has been hooked to cod4 for the past few years, can hardly play it anymore. I'm not going to sit here and tell you how wicked this game is anymore, you'll just have to play it for yourself,. But I will say that this game just get increasingly more and more badass when you begin unlocking shit. It was funny the first two days it came out cause no one had unlocked anything, now the killzoning is fucking incredible.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9924731 - 03/06/09 06:38 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Yea I must say I thought COD4 was decent at best

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Chespirito]
    #9924780 - 03/06/09 06:49 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

decent?

its the best FPS there is. it will only be beaten when cod6 comes out.

i have my sensitivity on cod4 at 5, and so does my buddy that played killzone, he said that even putting the sensitivity on 1 for cod4 was still faster than default for KZ2.

the people i play cod4 with are serious gamers. the day that KZ2 came out, everybody on my friends list was playing KZ2... and not even a week later, i see one maybe two people still playing kz2, the rest play cod4.
thats all i need to know really.

if people that are really into FPS's are opting to play a game almost 2 years old over the brand new over-hyped game... then that pretty much takes any motivation and curiosity out of the equation for me.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9924796 - 03/06/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Well serious FPS games can only be played on a PC.  And in terms of serious FPS games you mostly do not want sensitivity and quickness.  I used to be friends with a guy who was one of the better counter strike players in the country.  He used to make his mouse not sensitive and make his mouse pad huge.  He could then more easily adjust his aim to get head shots.  If he wanted to move it slightly he could accomplish this without overshooting the goal by an overly sensitive mouse.  If he wanted to quickly turn around he could still do this by moving the mouse quickly and far across the pad.  Im not sure if COD4 has the same dynamic however, as honestly it was mediocre :shrug:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9924881 - 03/06/09 07:07 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

i cant wait until cross platform multiplayer comes around... just to show you guys that PC is not the way to go... because PS3 and gaybox would destroy pc players.

sure, i know that more games come out on pc than anything, (even though the majority are shit and when it comes down to it holds very few proprietary games to date) but how can you consider yourself a serious gamer without a dedicated gaming computer?
the only thing that pc really has a hold on is mmorpgs, which is what I use my computer for.

plus your opinion is invalid since you think cod4 was mediocre.

Quote:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare received awards from various game sites and gaming authorities. Both GameSpot and GameTrailers gave it the Best Graphics of E3 2007 award, and the Best PlayStation 3 Game of 2007 award.[38][40][41] It gained high praise from both video game magazine GamePro and GameSpy, having been named the Best Overall Game of 2007 by the former,[42] and Game of the Year by the latter.[46][47][48][49] Game Critics also named the game "Best Action Game."[37] From other authorities such as IGN and X-play, and the Spike Video Game Awards, the game won awards for areas such as Best Sound Design, Best Shooter of 2007, and Best Military Game. From the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, Call of Duty 4 won Console Game of the Year, Action game of the Year, and Overall Game of the Year.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9925241 - 03/06/09 08:04 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Well the reason that FPS games are better on the computer is that it takes more skill.  The mouse combo gives you much better control and accuracy than a control pad ever could.  Im sure on the xbox version theres probably a slight auto aim feature that they implement to correct for this.  A straight PC version on xbox, you would get tore up by the good PC players

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9925712 - 03/06/09 09:45 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

i dont see how it takes more skill. you are using 1 analog controller, while the ps3 user is utilizing 2 analog controls at all times.

if by skill you mean that it is more of a pain in the ass to control... then sure. pc wins hands down.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9925776 - 03/06/09 09:57 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

There's no bullshit with a mouse.  Counter Strike has the aiming set up where if you aren't pointing directly at a persons head you aren't getting a head shot.  Try implementing that on a console, wont ever happen.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9925907 - 03/06/09 10:25 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

not really, in 2007-08 it was the cream of the crop I agree, BadCo is far better then cod4 in my opinion way better graphics the gameplay is alot better plus you can blow almost the entire enviorment up and drive tanks/helicopters with incredible dynamics. Then killzone2 came out and cod4 has lost its spark. Sorry to say it son, but cod4's time is waring thin.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9926537 - 03/07/09 12:49 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

if cod4 lost its spark then why do so many people still play it?

the message boards are littered with people saying "already over kz2, back to cod4".

ive got 100 people on my friends list and last week it was 90% KZ, and about an hour ago it was 90% cod4.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #9926864 - 03/07/09 02:58 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Even if Cod4 has lost it's spark (although I disagree since I find many people growing tired of CodWaw and going back to 4), then it will still be seen as highly influential.

Chespirito: Maybe there's an autoaim feature and I've just missed it, but I'll be damned if I don't point my "cursor" at a dude's head I'm not going to get a head shot.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that PC games require more skill, but I think the time is coming where that's less of a valid argument. People are getting more and more used to playing FPS with their thumbs instead of on a WASD and mouse. It used to be if I wanted to play with other people I had to either use my PC or use system link (even as recently as the first Halo.) Now it's not so. Soon enough there will be no difference.

--------------------
!

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: jewunit]
    #9926948 - 03/07/09 03:43 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Its just not possible to get the level of accuracy you can get with a mouse.  I dont see how you could claim otherwise.  I feel that is so self-evident that theres no reason to explain what I mean further.  A thumbstick with like an inch of movement in either direction, vs. a mouse that can move literally a foot or more?  Your gonna say you can get the same level of response?

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9927265 - 03/07/09 08:05 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

They're two completely different things.
I'm just saying people are getting better, and it won't be too long 'til they are good enough where the mouse isn't the superior FPS control.

I wish there was cross-console abilities because I've been curious for a while to see what the difference really is.

--------------------
!

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9927468 - 03/07/09 09:45 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

BadCo is far better then cod4

Not the slightest chance.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Redstorm]
    #9927568 - 03/07/09 10:28 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

i cant wait until cross platform multiplayer comes around... just to show you guys that PC is not the way to go... because PS3 and gaybox would destroy pc players.

Have you actually played counter strike? That will never happen because console players would just be getting constantly shot in the head. If you really think you can play with a controller vs. mouse players just go buy one for your pc. You wouldn't have a chance seriously. There are pc players out there who can get a headshot within about 1/2 a second of someone entering their screen no problems.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9927861 - 03/07/09 11:42 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

I think it is, at first I didnt enjoy badCo but after playing it for a bit and getting used to it, cause the shooting and aiming is a bit different from cod it is alot of fun.

I had a majority of people on my friends list playing cod4 now its all dominated by killzone so I guess this is a silly argument, I'm just stating observations.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9928701 - 03/07/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
They're two completely different things.
I'm just saying people are getting better, and it won't be too long 'til they are good enough where the mouse isn't the superior FPS control.

I wish there was cross-console abilities because I've been curious for a while to see what the difference really is.

Like I said just look at your range of motion.  You can move a little stick in a direction about an inch.  How do you expect to get fine movement control vs. a mouse?  It literally makes no sense to me.  Now I still enjoy console games, including FPS games.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#9928890 - 03/07/09 02:55 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I just bought this now and i'm back on CoD4 already. I've only been playing an hour so maybe i just need to get used to it, but the controls feel slow and clunky. The dudes take too many bullets to kill so i'm tempted to start again on the moderate level just because it's fuckin annoying, i never have to do that.

I haven't had my PS3 that long but i'll add some of your names for CoD battles and shit once i figure out how it all works,, if ya don't mind,, :grin: .

My name is Halcyon_Daze- for anyone who wants it.

I'm a CoD4 addict,, :lol: .

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Mike_yy]
    #9931054 - 03/07/09 10:00 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

i think bf2 is the funniest game out still, except for the hacks of course.  as for consoles and killzone 2, i thought it sucked really bad at first, mainly because i really havn't played a fps shooter on a console since like goldeneye lol.  i mean seriously a gampad is so freaking inferier to a keyboard and mouse, i almost through my controller into the tv.  the entire time im playing im just sitting there going turn turn turn up down god damit go where i told you to go!! :crankey:

im doing much better now, and i think killzone is pretty cool.  but i still can't aim right, and i still find myself having trouble focusing on things correctly.  with a mouse i can move the screen like im moving my eyes, that does not happen for me on a console so its really annoying.

i picked up team fortress 2 recently so i havn't played killzone as much as i should be, but ill prob hit it up tomorrow and add some of you guys

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #9931192 - 03/07/09 10:22 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Yah, I'm not sure how people can play some games on a console.

RTS and FPS, for sure.

It's nearly impossible.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#9931270 - 03/07/09 10:41 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I would struggle on a PC,, consoles are all i know.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9932308 - 03/08/09 05:51 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
Its just not possible to get the level of accuracy you can get with a mouse.  I dont see how you could claim otherwise.  I feel that is so self-evident that theres no reason to explain what I mean further.  A thumbstick with like an inch of movement in either direction, vs. a mouse that can move literally a foot or more?  Your gonna say you can get the same level of response?

im willing to bet that i can rotate in 360 just as fast as any mouse sensitivity.

you ever seen cod4 on 10 sensitivity? by pushing the analog stick all the way over you can get about 10 rotations a second... it is so fast that even if you had a p90 with double tap, and a circle of people around you, and you just held down fire and spun in a circle you would still only hit every other person.

what are you amazed that people hip shot you with the r700 from across the map? that shit happens on every platform. the only reason pc puts up higher scores and kill numbers is because you can have 50 people on shipment. just get an m60 and spray and pray.

there is just no way that wasd + mouse can beat two analog sticks, especially when there are way more dynamics to dodging and aiming, such as: crouching, dropping to prone, side stepping, and jumping.
if one hand is dedicated to just aiming and shooting, and you got 5 fingers on the other hand for left, right, back, forth, and say jumping, that leaves you moving your hand to another key for crouch or prone.
the console controllers are designed to do all of that and more using 6 fingers.

even the doubling of analog controllers proves to me that console controllers are superior. just on one analog stick that is controlled with only one thumb controls the x and y axis fps movement and knifing, while the other stick controls the x and y time movement (by this i mean forward, back, left right) as well as the option to run.
compare that to either putting auto run on, which basically leaves you with no option to save your speed boost for when you really need it, or expend a finger to do so.

its retarded to think that a keyboard and a mouse that were originally designed for MS paint and spreadsheets could rival a controller solely designed for gaming.

i dont see how you dont get that. i dont care how good you are at not looking at your keyboard, the second you have to move your hand away from the wasd position you are wasting time... especially when you have to reload or switch weapons....

and dont even get me started on trigger pulls... i can make the G3 or the usp look like i have a turbo controller because i can shoot so fast. its basically the reason you say "pull the trigger" rather than "push the trigger"... my R1 button on my PS3 can click 5x faster than a mouse button.

the console controller is by far more accurate and is just as fast, if not faster.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9935708 - 03/08/09 08:11 PM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
Quote:

Chespirito said:
Its just not possible to get the level of accuracy you can get with a mouse.  I dont see how you could claim otherwise.  I feel that is so self-evident that there's no reason to explain what I mean further.  A thumbstick with like an inch of movement in either direction, vs. a mouse that can move literally a foot or more?  Your gonna say you can get the same level of response?

im willing to bet that i can rotate in 360 just as fast as any mouse sensitivity.

you ever seen cod4 on 10 sensitivity? by pushing the analog stick all the way over you can get about 10 rotations a second... it is so fast that even if you had a p90 with double tap, and a circle of people around you, and you just held down fire and spun in a circle you would still only hit every other person.

what are you amazed that people hip shot you with the r700 from across the map? that shit happens on every platform. the only reason pc puts up higher scores and kill numbers is because you can have 50 people on shipment. just get an m60 and spray and pray.

there is just no way that wasd + mouse can beat two analog sticks, especially when there are way more dynamics to dodging and aiming, such as: crouching, dropping to prone, side stepping, and jumping.
if one hand is dedicated to just aiming and shooting, and you got 5 fingers on the other hand for left, right, back, forth, and say jumping, that leaves you moving your hand to another key for crouch or prone.
the console controllers are designed to do all of that and more using 6 fingers.

even the doubling of analog controllers proves to me that console controllers are superior. just on one analog stick that is controlled with only one thumb controls the x and y axis fps movement and knifing, while the other stick controls the x and y time movement (by this i mean forward, back, left right) as well as the option to run.
compare that to either putting auto run on, which basically leaves you with no option to save your speed boost for when you really need it, or expend a finger to do so.

its retarded to think that a keyboard and a mouse that were originally designed for MS paint and spreadsheets could rival a controller solely designed for gaming.

i dont see how you dont get that. i dont care how good you are at not looking at your keyboard, the second you have to move your hand away from the wasd position you are wasting time... especially when you have to reload or switch weapons....

and dont even get me started on trigger pulls... i can make the G3 or the usp look like i have a turbo controller because i can shoot so fast. its basically the reason you say "pull the trigger" rather than "push the trigger"... my R1 button on my PS3 can click 5x faster than a mouse button.

the console controller is by far more accurate and is just as fast, if not faster.

i'm convinced you haven't gamed on a computer since ms paint was first developed.  and there's no way you can pull a trigger, an R1 button, or any other button on a current consoles controller faster than a good gaming mouses left clicker, while still being able to accurately aim for a head shot.  and i just realized what a consoles joystick feels like when im trying to aim, its like trying to aim with a keypad which also reminds me its alot faster to switch directions on a keyboard

but really if you wanna know the difference between gaming on a console and gaming on the computer, ill tell you how to mod a original xbox's controller and set it up to work on computer games.  or you can use microsofts new xbox 360 on the computer to, but i think you have to buy a reciever for that to work.  and i would own you so bad in CSS or any other FPS

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9937964 - 03/09/09 03:00 AM (15 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
compare that to either putting auto run on, which basically leaves you with no option to save your speed boost for when you really need it

You are really reaching in this post.  Specifically this line:

'compare that to either putting auto run on, which basically leaves you with no option to save your speed boost for when you really need it'

Huh?  You realize you have a whole keyboard at your disposal?  Like you couldnt just push shift or something.

Anyways you are missing the basic reality of this.  If I see a guy at the corner of my screen who is far away and I want to move my gun to point at him.  On a console controller I have a tiny stick that can move a grand total of one inch.  In that one inch I have to move the stick to the perfect position.  A mouse I can move it literally one foot.  Now lets divide up these lengths.  You are claiming that with a control stick you can perfectly subdivide up that one inch to get a headshot by knowing exactly how far to push this little stick.  You must have a magic thumb to pull that off.  On a mouse I have an entire foot, its easy to put your cursor on exactly the right pixel you want.  The accuracy is no contest, You are literally the first fanboy I have ever heard seriously try to argue that accuracy is better on a controller.  As the gentleman above me has said, put your controller to use and play some computer games.  Im sure you can hook it up to COD4 PC version somehow, test the reality of your controller theory my man.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9939197 - 03/09/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

it doesnt take a magic thumb. i can swing 180 degrees and cap someone behind me with a hip shot r700 and make it look like it was auto aim.

sure, you have about 80 things to press on a keyboard, but can only use 5 of them without moving your hand. i dont know what kind of noobs you got playing on pc, but people dont stand still waiting for you to click their head.
when i can snipe people across maps like crash and crossfire with a usp, then i cant see how a mouse would be better.
im sure camping is a lot easier on pc, but when you are on shipment, and you blast 3 people with the shotgun, switch to the sidearm to get another, then knife someone and then reload all within 5 seconds... that is something you cannot do on pc. plain and simple.

Offlinecement clit
Stranger

#9939345 - 03/09/09 12:28 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

add brownworld for killzone 2 games but yeah i got cod4 and 5 and since kz2 their collecting dust

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9939956 - 03/09/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

im not talking about swinging around, Im talking about direct accuracy.  There just is no way you can be as accurate with a tiny stick

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9940642 - 03/09/09 04:03 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

i dont know what kind of noobs you got playing on pc, but people dont stand still waiting for you to click their head.

I assure you PC players are multiple times more skilled than console players at FPS.

Oh and anyone who says they went back to COD4. At least wait till you unlocked the last 3 classes untill you put this down. The last 3 classes (and engineer) are unbelievably sick. This game is so ridiculously good now.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinecement clit
Stranger

#9940778 - 03/09/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

seriously. and this game just seems more organized in every way when it comes to multiplayer aspect. if you guys are so hell bent on cod you can find my copies on ebay. cod is an impregnable game dont get me wrong but airstrikes get old! medics, bots, and cloaks are in. i believe Kz2 has airstrikes as well but i havent earned the medal yet.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9942377 - 03/09/09 09:16 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

:lol:

You guys are both so 1337.

Offlinecement clit
Stranger

#9942762 - 03/09/09 10:13 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

1337?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9942773 - 03/09/09 10:15 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
it doesnt take a magic thumb. i can swing 180 degrees and cap someone behind me with a hip shot r700 and make it look like it was auto aim.

sure, you have about 80 things to press on a keyboard, but can only use 5 of them without moving your hand. i dont know what kind of noobs you got playing on pc, but people dont stand still waiting for you to click their head.
when i can snipe people across maps like crash and crossfire with a usp, then i cant see how a mouse would be better.
im sure camping is a lot easier on pc, but when you are on shipment, and you blast 3 people with the shotgun, switch to the sidearm to get another, then knife someone and then reload all within 5 seconds... that is something you cannot do on pc. plain and simple.

id love to see you do that with a controller.

don't forget to check out 3:30, where he jumps over someone while keeping his aim

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (03/09/09 10:33 PM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9942805 - 03/09/09 10:20 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

hhahha kinda off topic but check this one out pretty funny

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #9942860 - 03/09/09 10:26 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I think the two gentlemen debating about control are forgetting something... Humans can do ANYTHING with enough practice.

You both seem like you don't have enough experience on BOTH platforms to realize you can be 1337 on either.

I used to rock Quake back in the day... mouse a WADS. Now I use a controller, and it's all the same... put in 100 hours on CoD4 with a high sensitivity and you can do crazy shit. :shrug:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9943068 - 03/09/09 11:01 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

That's a pretty shitty example.
It's a dude running around with a scout and surprise surprise he's faster than everyone else.
He's using a scattercannon, that doesn't require crazy aim.
Also, he jumps over someone and keeps aim?
Or he jumps over someone and keeps them in his sight?
I could jump over someone and keep them in my sights with a controller.

--------------------
!

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9943178 - 03/09/09 11:19 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

i chose a fast unit, because with a fast unit your going to require fast reflexes and that requires (for best results) using a mouse. that video also shows that what the yawning anus was trying to say could be done on a pc.

the bottom line is that if consoles and pc's faced off, the consoles would get annilated.  its also why people view those who use hacked mouse and keyboards on the ps3 as cheating.  it is indeed an advantage to have a mouse and keyboard, and if you wanted a joystick they make those for pc's too, but you don't see people using them for fps's for a reason

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9943186 - 03/09/09 11:21 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I don't know, I find faster units to be easier on consoles, and units that require more precision but with more time easier in a computer.

Actually now I find it all easier on console since the last two games I played on computer were StarCraft and Diablo 2 LoD last year.

--------------------
!

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9944149 - 03/10/09 05:22 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

that video was a joke. if that is your example for how much pc flows then where is the ref to hold my arm up?

all i can find are insane no scope videos on youtube. thousands of them, even with ps3 tags...

here is just the first one i found of cod4 ps3.... it isnt even that amazing compared to some of the shit i have seen in game.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9944188 - 03/10/09 05:38 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

This thread is definately lulzy.

I don't think I've ever seen such a contentious discussion about the relative merits of a joystick vs. the mouse...

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9944259 - 03/10/09 06:10 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:

This thread is definately lulzy.

I don't think I've ever seen such a contentious discussion about the relative merits of a joystick vs. the mouse...

It may be one of the more absurd things I've seen in quite some time.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9945225 - 03/10/09 11:27 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Dude there is just no way you can do shit like this with a controller. Yeh it may look like aimbot but i know someone who is this good.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinecement clit
Stranger

#9945374 - 03/10/09 12:00 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

yeah thats pretty sick but he aint gettin rich off it so i'll stick with my ps3 (as i got the new gambling version that spits out dollar bills as you play)

Offlinecement clit
Stranger

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: cement clit]
    #9945390 - 03/10/09 12:02 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

i heard their coming out with an interactive stripper game for the wii that spits out dollar bills as you dance. u can play online and it automatically computes currency.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#9945650 - 03/10/09 12:55 PM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Well, i switched the controls round to alternate 2,, put the sensitivity up and now here's a game i can get on board with.

Offlinejunkyardgod
A psychedelic mess.
Male

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: Mike_yy]
    #9949503 - 03/11/09 12:22 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Killzone 2...*whistles*...I'm fucking hooked on this game! I'm about halfway through the campaign on Veteran for my first time...and fuck, some parts are tedius. Mind you, I'm not the most accomplished FPS-player, so Veteran has been quite a challenge for me. I've played about 3 hours of Multiplayer as well and it's just as fun as the campaign, though a tad more frenzied. Gotta love the missions changing while staying in the same map, it really adds the effect of a massive, constantly storming warzone.

Anyways, my PS3 name is Flermp...wish I could change it, doh...

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9949534 - 03/11/09 12:27 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:

Dude there is just no way you can do shit like this with a controller. Yeh it may look like aimbot but i know someone who is this good.

did you even watch the video i posted? they are the exact same thing, except the guy on the ps3 doesnt have a little dot to tell him exactly where he is aiming.

so, there is a way you can do shit exactly like that on a controller.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #9949579 - 03/11/09 12:34 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Who cares, softcore is for pussies.

That video is sick though.

--------------------
!

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9949907 - 03/11/09 02:09 AM (15 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
Quote:

Grapefruit said:

did you even watch the video i posted? they are the exact same thing, except the guy on the ps3 doesnt have a little dot to tell him exactly where he is aiming.

thing is that dude is prolly using a keyboard n mouse:rofl:

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9951261 - 03/11/09 11:52 AM (15 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

He's not getting headshots and you can quite easily memorize the location of the middle of the screen with practice. Snipers are one hit kill that video has nowhere near that amount of aiming precision.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9953290 - 03/11/09 05:53 PM (15 years, 21 days ago)

first off, you are trying to compare a non console game to an all platforms game.

show me some footage of cod4 pc shit that blows any console montage out the water, then we can talk, otherwise there are way too many variables. I could show you sniper head shots all day, but COD4 has an accuracy rating on each gun, and no matter if you even got to stop time and click your little mouse on the exact pixel you wanted, you would not be able to make those bullets go to the exact same spot.

try it out.... go hip shot, or even aim at a wall in cod4. pull off one bullet at a time with any gun and you will 9/10 not hit the same exact pixel twice. so sure, you can be really accurate with headshots in CS, because there is no accounting for bullet trajectory and weapon kick in that game.

also, makaveli, it says on the heading that it is a PS3 video.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9956213 - 03/12/09 01:14 AM (15 years, 21 days ago)

yah, i know it was for ps3, im saying the dude prolly used a modded mouse.  i know people can get good with a controller, im just saying it won't be as good as on pc, period.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#9956944 - 03/12/09 06:55 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
i know people can get good with a controller, im just saying it won't be as good as on pc, period.

There are people with no arms who put in contact lenses with their feet. Humans can do almost ANYTHING with enough physical practice... playing with a controller set to ultra high sensitivity is very possible, especially with the number of hours some people put in. :shrug:

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #9958977 - 03/12/09 03:24 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
i know people can get good with a controller, im just saying it won't be as good as on pc, period.

There are people with no arms who put in contact lenses with their feet. Humans can do almost ANYTHING with enough physical practice... playing with a controller set to ultra high sensitivity is very possible, especially with the number of hours some people put in. :shrug:

end of debate!:cheer:

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9962693 - 03/13/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

by the way snoot i hate your drones :crankey:, and then i followed you into a server and im like a level 2 and everyone was like doing invisible snipers and setting up turrents that ive never seen before lol

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9963698 - 03/13/09 08:30 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

yeah shit gets real intense once you begin leveling up

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#9964013 - 03/13/09 10:18 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:

There are people with no arms who put in contact lenses with their feet.

end of debate!:cheer:

By the way, here she is. :smile:

http://www.rightfooted.com/

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #9966717 - 03/13/09 07:55 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

shes actually pretty hot minus the whole no arms thing.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9967464 - 03/13/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

i bet she gives one hell of a foot job!!! :rofl2:

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#9969600 - 03/14/09 10:50 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

I bought KZ 2 last week.  Add me if you want the PSN is tryptomouse.  Haven't had a chance to get online with it yet, but that should change tonight.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineNIMH
MadCap
 User Gallery

#9976582 - 03/15/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

--------------------
I must not Fear. Fear is the mindkiller . Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and
through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. ONLY I WILL REMAIN.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10025249 - 03/23/09 10:17 AM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
decent?

i have my sensitivity on cod4 at 5, and so does my buddy that played killzone, he said that even putting the sensitivity on 1 for cod4 was still faster than default for KZ2.

the people i play cod4 with are serious gamers. the day that KZ2 came out, everybody on my friends list was playing KZ2... and not even a week later, i see one maybe two people still playing kz2, the rest play cod4.
thats all i need to know really.

if people that are really into FPS's are opting to play a game almost 2 years old over the brand new over-hyped game... then that pretty much takes any motivation and curiosity out of the equation for me.

Kz2 is a different type of shooter, it handles differently. I played the shit out of cod4 but there are major issues in that game that will never be corrected, and that makes it obsolete imo. Kz2 is slower at 1st, but just like cod youve got to turn up the sensitivity if youre a serious player. Graphically, it blows cod4 out of the water and as far as gameplay goes, it's just a step above it.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10026136 - 03/23/09 01:01 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

im a top player and i roll with my sensitivity on cod4 at default.

and i would love to hear what major problems cause cod4 to be obsolete.

some people are bitching about not having dedicated servers.... IMO, i wouldnt want it any other way, this way, cod4 will be around as long as there are two ps3's in the world and the game doesnt disappear once some company decides they need those servers for something else.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10026209 - 03/23/09 01:13 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

First off, I understand trying to raise any argument is going to be futile, but I have a couple gripes with CoD4.
The spawns can be a bitch sometimes. It's even worse in CoD:WaW, but still annoying in 4. I shouldn't have to have cat-like reflexes just to stay alive for more than a second.

The other problem is Infinity Ward. They don't fucking do anything. CoD:WaW already has the first set of new maps and I bet they get more. They also fixed all those fucking glitches and took out the tanks. It's been how long since 4 came out and there are still people who hop the brick wall in Ambush? That's ridiculous.

--------------------
!

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10026283 - 03/23/09 01:22 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

The spawns can be a bitch sometimes. It's even worse in CoD:WaW, but still annoying in 4.

My biggest gripe... along with unpatched, obvious glitches.

In COD4, it's possible for a decent team to gang up on all the spawn areas, and slaughter all day long inflating their stats. It's just stupid. I never even bothered waiting for WaW to get annoying, since I just skipped by it.

ALL FPS games should have spawn protection. :shrug:

Original Xbox Return to Castle Wolfenstien... stil waiting for that mutiplayer FPS experience to be repeated... so far... :nonono:

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10026396 - 03/23/09 01:37 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

For the record, Battlefield: Bad Co. is infinitely better than COD4. OK, carry on.

--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: skydog]
    #10027089 - 03/23/09 03:18 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

I like the idea behind Bad co and it is fun but EA games always just seem lazily made to me.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#10027281 - 03/23/09 03:44 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

bf2 was badass, and still no game compares as far as the scope of things you can do in that game.  i really hope they come out with bf3 soon

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10027484 - 03/23/09 04:10 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
First off, I understand trying to raise any argument is going to be futile, but I have a couple gripes with CoD4.
The spawns can be a bitch sometimes. It's even worse in CoD:WaW, but still annoying in 4. I shouldn't have to have cat-like reflexes just to stay alive for more than a second.

The other problem is Infinity Ward. They don't fucking do anything. CoD:WaW already has the first set of new maps and I bet they get more. They also fixed all those fucking glitches and took out the tanks. It's been how long since 4 came out and there are still people who hop the brick wall in Ambush? That's ridiculous.

How about when someone is looking out of a window or over a wall, and all you can see is their head, but they have a full view of you and can easily take you out. that's a huuuuuge deal. it usually affects every match.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10027507 - 03/23/09 04:12 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
im a top player and i roll with my sensitivity on cod4 at default.

and i would love to hear what major problems cause cod4 to be obsolete.

some people are bitching about not having dedicated servers.... IMO, i wouldnt want it any other way, this way, cod4 will be around as long as there are two ps3's in the world and the game doesnt disappear once some company decides they need those servers for something else.

how can you be a top player on default sensitivity? wouldnt someone with faster reflexes get the jump on you?

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10029439 - 03/23/09 09:05 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

skydog said:
For the record, Battlefield: Bad Co. is infinitely better than COD4. OK, carry on.

yeapu that game is fucking rediculous , flying helipcopts with incredible dynamics, tanks ... blowing shit up.  ..... giant sandbox levels that make sniping fucking incrtedibly fun I mean what else cna you ask fo

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10029482 - 03/23/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

I can't believe people think COD4 is better.  In COD4 you press up on the D-pad for helo support.  In Bad Co., you just tell your buddy on the mic to fly over here and blow these fuckers up.  Not to mention it has a very balanced class system, which means if your whole team picks sniper, you'll get wrecked by tanks and so on.  COD4 is basically about lucky spawns and who can backshoot who first. :meatspace:  Overhyped.  Either way, Halo3 > *. :sun:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10030060 - 03/23/09 10:39 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

The spawns can be a bitch sometimes. It's even worse in CoD:WaW, but still annoying in 4.

My biggest gripe... along with unpatched, obvious glitches.

In COD4, it's possible for a decent team to gang up on all the spawn areas, and slaughter all day long inflating their stats. It's just stupid. I never even bothered waiting for WaW to get annoying, since I just skipped by it.

ALL FPS games should have spawn protection. :shrug:

Original Xbox Return to Castle Wolfenstien... stil waiting for that mutiplayer FPS experience to be repeated... so far... :nonono:

then get good. otherwise known as GOML! Get On My Level.

sure, there might be one or two times in a game when you are spawned on a grenade (shipment not included because, well, come on)... and yes, WAW is ridiculous with that. I personally think treyarch are unambitious douchebags that keep thinking WW2 was the only conflict ever.
ohh. they released a map pack and fixed absolutely horrible glitches.... as for any other glitches in COD4... very few of them are viable options for real gameplay and Im of the school of thought that says, if you can get there, its fair... as long as you arent going underneath the map.
basically, if you can get shot in your "glitch" spot then i dont see the problem. it takes some effort and time to get into most of the worthwhile ones, and you can easily be picked off.
stop running around with RPD, jugg, marty and put on SP and DI.

as for how i am in the top 500 in kills on COD4 with default settings... well, Im just a beast.
awww... the game isnt fair... these guys are spawn camping me... well stop sucking and dont get pinned, and secondly dont let campers kill you twice, or once for that matter.
just yesterday i was spawned midgame on downpour domination and my team was deeply pinned on A flag... got 9 kills before i died even once.
basically, you need to look at it as this: the entire game is based upon the fact that if i can shoot you, you can shoot me and therefor he with the most skills wins.

and as far as the disparity between someone camping behind a wall.... so what, they get one kill on you by being a boring, shady waste of team space. if he kills you again, you suck, plain and simple.

personally i think the tanks on waw kind of ruined the game. it would be better rounded if you could jump on a tank and knife all those fools, or made some sort of time penalty to get in and out of it rather than just being some juggernaut.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10030244 - 03/23/09 11:08 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

I tried to play Halo 3 a couple hours ago.
I haven't played since fall, and that was only a few times. It had been last April through June that I really played a lot and started getting decent.
But god damn I couldn't do anything. I kept throwing grenades trying to aim, or zooming on a BR trying to crouch, all that kinda shit. It was terrible. I didn't kill a single person intentionally :lol:
Guess that's what I get for CoD being the only FPS I play.

--------------------
!

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10032169 - 03/24/09 11:14 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

lol I love peoples rationality, when it comes to such things ... 'Dont suck then' lol wtf ... thats one of the lil things I love bout kz2 is the bots at the spawns fucking brilliant, its lil things like that, that make me believe that the people who actually made kz2 actually play fps's and have played others in the past and learned from there mistakes and fuckups.

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10032645 - 03/24/09 01:11 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

get GOOD. its my motto. if you cant hang, dont bitch about it. its ok if you have to play a slower, easier game. im sure super bubble bath or super my little pony would be perfect for someone with your skill level.

just wait til COD6 comes out. only poor people will be playing something else.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10032726 - 03/24/09 01:27 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
get GOOD. its my motto.

:rolleyes:

And how many hours do you spend on COD? Most of us have lives and we simply play for fun... Getting spawnkilled over and over by campers and glitchers looking to pad their stats (and I KNOW you are that type of player) gets annoying.

If you care if your kill count is in the top 500, you are missing the point. Maybe you should go get paid for playing so well... oh wait, you don't? Then who gives a flying fuck?

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10032789 - 03/24/09 01:38 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Halo3 requires much more skill than COD4 and that is irrefutable.

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10032816 - 03/24/09 01:44 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Halo3 was too annoying with the melee attack... :shrug:

I did get a "Execution" or some shit for murdering the entire other team with the sword. It was awesome.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10033289 - 03/24/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

YawningAnus said:
get GOOD. its my motto.

:rolleyes:

And how many hours do you spend on COD? Most of us have lives and we simply play for fun... Getting spawnkilled over and over by campers and glitchers looking to pad their stats (and I KNOW you are that type of player) gets annoying.

If you care if your kill count is in the top 500, you are missing the point. Maybe you should go get paid for playing so well... oh wait, you don't? Then who gives a flying fuck?

honestly i think he's full of shit. No possible way he's as good as he says he is playing on default sensitivity. it's novice.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10035684 - 03/24/09 09:09 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

Anyone who says they are this and say they are that, generally are no where near what they say its the law of intentional homogayness

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10036397 - 03/24/09 11:30 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

ill bust out my digi camera tomorrow and show you my kills and ranking, and then ill even shoot a nice video of me beasting out.

how about that?
and once it is done, and you are able view the raw, awesome power of my gaming skills.... then will you all shut up?

ive never made a gaming video so it might take me more than just tomorrow. I have used the camera on my tv but only for gamebattles posterity to prove we won matches (like that time my clan was ranked 11th in the world :cough:) and the quality was kind of shitty.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10036458 - 03/24/09 11:43 PM (15 years, 8 days ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

- Simone de Beauvoir -

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10036825 - 03/25/09 01:21 AM (15 years, 8 days ago)

oh yeah, i also have a full time job. i honestly only play cod4 maybe 8 hours a week.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10037200 - 03/25/09 05:57 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
i honestly only play cod4 maybe 8 hours a week.

:nonono:

I was probably ranked in the top 200 or so Wolfenstein players back in my heyday... I played about 30-50 hours a week minimum. There is NO WAY you can rack up enough kills to be in the top 500 in only 8 hours a week.

That would be hundreds of kills per hour... right?

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10037550 - 03/25/09 08:44 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

it's about time to stop paying attention to him. Nothing he's said in this thread is logical.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10038451 - 03/25/09 11:58 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

i avg probably 400 kills an hour.

i mean shit, just playing one match of shipment domination i get 100 kills.

i have over 160k kills on there.

anyway, im charging up my camera battery and then the shit is on.

ill when i finally looked at the kill leaderboards and i was in the top 10,000, i started really putting in serious game time and probably got up to 30 hours a week.
but now i just coast, it takes about 300-500 kills a day just to stay in the top 500, so i drop down to like 520 after not playing for a day or two and then in one night get back up to 490 or so.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10038590 - 03/25/09 12:29 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

If it's not hardcore it's not worth my time.

--------------------
!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10039899 - 03/25/09 04:03 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

seriously. hardcore is where it's at

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10040137 - 03/25/09 04:29 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

i like hardcore sometimes, but unless you have a full team then it is a waste of time, because there is always some douche that just wants to rocket launcher everyone.

thats what ruined it for me, so i can say im not as good at HC as i am other game types.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10040248 - 03/25/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

i tried to make a video, and it didnt work out, even though on my first game i went 51/9 on ambush domination. the video quality is complete shit and i dont have the skills or knowledge to compress and transfer that somehow onto the shroomery.

but here are the pics to prove my skillz...

https://files.shroomery.org/files/09-13/802081675-P1010604.jpg
https://files.shroomery.org/files/09-13/802080765-P1010603.jpg
https://files.shroomery.org/files/09-13/802080109-P1010602.jpg

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10041108 - 03/25/09 07:24 PM (15 years, 7 days ago)

LOL

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10051762 - 03/27/09 08:16 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

and the haters are silenced....

GOML, nuff said.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10051832 - 03/27/09 08:32 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

People bragging about their videogame skills never fails to crack me up.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10051841 - 03/27/09 08:34 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

hence the lol, especially when theyre as cocky as this dude. i still call bullshit. the facts dont add up.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10051880 - 03/27/09 08:40 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

You have over 112000 deaths... hardly elite level. :shrug:

It seems people like you are the people who extend boards just to get hundreds and hundreds of kills on all the newbs... Like for example, one of the things I hated with COD was players (like you I think) who would purposely steal the case or whatever, then glitch off the map so NO ONE could win and they could rack up kill after kill.

See, I'm the asshole who sprints down the side, kills one guy, sneaks past 3 and plants the bomb. Then, everyone gets pissed at how short the game was... I hear them moaning about how they only got 3 kills and asking my why I planted so fast.

That's the game. I like winning, not puffing my stats.

In Wolfenstein, I think I had around 58,000 kills after months of playing nonstop. The difference was I had about 12,000 deaths... K/D ratio is key, not simply the 161,000 kills.

Impressive nonetheless... but I've seen too many instances of "clans raping newbs for massive kill counts"... High numbers simply don't impress.

Also, the real skill games are the no respawn ones... Not sure what they are in COD but they were called "Elimination" on RTCW. You are lucky to get 50 kills an hour there, but it's the most intense action there is... :yesnod:

Especially for an old hand medic like me. :smirk:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10052077 - 03/27/09 09:19 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
You have over 112000 deaths... hardly elite level. :shrug:

my actual KD is almost 3.0, my old roommate, who i probably wouldnt have been able to get to the top 500 without (the highest we got, right before he moved out was 197th place and i stopped playing for almost a month and dropped to 700th place). i know what my KD is because we got into an argument about the KD so i made a new account to prove it to him.
anyway, he didnt have a job for about 3 months, so he logged many many hours in with his probably 1.2 kdr.
the only problem is that once you have 160k kills , you can play 10 matches going 10:1 kdr and still not increase it by .01%.
when he left, the kdr was at 1.29, and now it is 1.44.

Quote:

It seems people like you are the people who extend boards just to get hundreds and hundreds of kills on all the newbs... Like for example, one of the things I hated with COD was players (like you I think) who would purposely steal the case or whatever, then glitch off the map so NO ONE could win and they could rack up kill after kill.

ive never seen someone glitch out of the map, maybe into a tougher spot, but once the bomb lays untouched for a minute it respawns back in the center.

Quote:

See, I'm the asshole who sprints down the side, kills one guy, sneaks past 3 and plants the bomb. Then, everyone gets pissed at how short the game was... I hear them moaning about how they only got 3 kills and asking my why I planted so fast.

i rarely play sabotage anyway.

oh, but i will show you a picture of something later, that i did because of sabotage... my win streak is at something like 128.

Quote:

Impressive nonetheless... but I've seen too many instances of "clans raping newbs for massive kill counts"... High numbers simply don't impress.

Also, the real skill games are the no respawn ones... Not sure what they are in COD but they were called "Elimination" on RTCW. You are lucky to get 50 kills an hour there, but it's the most intense action there is... :yesnod:

Especially for an old hand medic like me. :smirk:

dude, i was in a top ranked clan. and we were the best random clan in the world at one point.... meaning that most of the top ranked clans only did one match type and only that, but we played everyone of them.
but if you must know, i got probably 120k of those kills through domination.

so there is no skill padding there.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10052087 - 03/27/09 09:21 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Good enough for me. :shrug:

Maybe you should go join the Pro Gamer league and make some money?

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10053446 - 03/27/09 12:52 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I don't think there is a Pro league for COD4 because it's so fucking bad. :sun:

--------------------

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #10053554 - 03/27/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
when i finally looked at the kill leaderboards and i was in the top 10,000, i started really putting in serious game time and probably got up to 30 hours a week.

ahahahaha, you say that like it's something to be proud of.

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

Re: Killzone 2 owns! [Re: scout24]
    #10053616 - 03/27/09 01:17 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

scout24 said:
ahahahaha, you say that like it's something to be proud of.

Wolfenstein would update the "weekly stats" on Sunday mornings, so we would play all morning on Sundays to get into the top 10 or whatever. :rofl:

It does feel kinda neat to see your tag in the top 10, no matter how sad it seems to others. :shrug:

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #10053842 - 03/27/09 01:51 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

it's the 30 hours/week that strikes me as pathetic and embarassing.  :shrug:

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10054294 - 03/27/09 03:00 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:

I was in a pro gamer league.... gamebattles.

check out the past seasons if you want, i believe we finished in 14th place for two seasons. chaos method.
but we disbanded cause people just moved on, and most of the guys that moved on to COD5 just got two endorsement deals from triton headsets and the turbo controllers.

so really, there isnt any money in it, just free shit, unless you want to fly to LA to compete for 10k twice a year.
plus you have to train as much (in hours spent)if not more than real athletes to even compete.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#10054708 - 03/27/09 04:00 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:

I was in a pro gamer league.... gamebattles.

check out the past seasons if you want, i believe we finished in 14th place for two seasons. chaos method.
but we disbanded cause people just moved on, and most of the guys that moved on to COD5 just got two endorsement deals from triton headsets and the turbo controllers.

so really, there isnt any money in it, just free shit, unless you want to fly to LA to compete for 10k twice a year.
plus you have to train as much (in hours spent)if not more than real athletes to even compete.

game battles is not a pro league. Anyone can be in it.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10056199 - 03/27/09 07:25 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

and anybody can enter into the pro tournaments.

what are you talking about, gamebattles is like the NFL of gaming.

where do you think companies look for clans to sponsor? on gamebattles.

now, maybe it isnt world wide, im sure japan has some serious shit that take qualifiers and trials to get into... but yeah, gamebattles is pretty much it... they are the online arm of MLG.

Offlineskydog
Coffee & Blunts
Male User Gallery

#10056286 - 03/27/09 07:39 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

YawningAnus said:
they are the online semi-pro arm of MLG.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale