Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: letting go of reality
    #98751 - 12/19/99 03:46 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

You couldn't let go of reality, eh?

Well, I don't know what your problem is exactly, but I see the symptoms in your post; even with something as magickal as tripping, you feel the need to quantify it with numbers and "closed-eye visuals" and various other labels. Perhaps you've accepted reality too much normally, which is why it won't leave you when you're tripping. Tripping cannot CREATE magick in your life, but it can enhance it dramatically.

Just a thought.

------------------
Not every end is a goal. The end of a melody is not its goal; but nonetheless, if the melody had not reached its end it would not have reached its goal. A parable.

-Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #98753 - 12/19/99 03:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

By letting Go you dont try to DO anything but when you do this sometimes you will automatically DO things or think things...Just let what flows naturally happen and once its happens LET IT GO...Dont cling to any one beautiful vision or horrible vision just let them both come and go at will. You will Gain Power in doing this bit by bit.....Dont stress yourself and dont try to DO anything...Just let the trip happen and this goes for life as well...

Anonymous

#98754 - 12/24/99 04:47 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info, keep em comin :smile:

Anonymous

#98755 - 12/24/99 04:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Anonymous

#98756 - 12/24/99 04:53 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Offlineastro
addict
    #98757 - 12/25/99 07:29 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I understand what you're saying completely. I too, have a tight grip on reality. I've never been able to drink myself into a blackout with alcohol. I usually fall asleep first. When I had a very strong tryp one time, I was afraid to let go, but it was probably because I was not able due to the setting where I was during the tryp. Having a good grasp on reality helps when you're not trypping, and that sense of "control" is what makes my life comfortable. It is not easy to subdue my confidence because of this.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#98758 - 12/26/99 03:16 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

letting go can be difficult,especially if your around other people.Get music that is trippy but relaxing at the same time,listening to some of pink floyds stuff is killer,helps me.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinePyrotechnist
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #98759 - 12/26/99 03:32 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

The way I understand it, letting go is not really something you "do" in the normal sense. It's simply something that just happens if you let it. That's why it's called "letting" go.

--------------------
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."

Anonymous

#98760 - 12/27/99 06:39 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

yea man i put on pink floyd, division bell and dark side of the moon. dark side of the moon was fuckin awsome earlier into the trip. (before i smoked the weed). after i smoked the weed and started tripping too hard, the music didn't seem to "make sense" for some reason. i don't know thats the only words i can come up with for that one. my friend was totally absorbed in it, but i just couldn't like it because I focused too much on the shit that was flying by me all the time. i expected the trip to be smooth and kinda, "slow" ya know, but instead there was crazy shit just flying by me all the time and it wouldn't stop.

Anonymous

#98761 - 12/29/99 03:43 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

defkorn, you said:

"i expected the trip to be(...)"

Why would you expect the trip to be 'anything'? It's going to be a trip - one of the easiest ways to cause problems is to insist on forcing it in directions it doesn't want to go. Nobody can just say: "Right, I want the pretty geometric visuals now, please, I'm bored with this. I'll have the deep cosmic insight in 25 minutes." This is your brain on drugs, not cable TV.

What's there is what you take with you. If you've been reading trip reports, or talking to other trippers, you can be forgiven for having certain preconceptions. Expectations can colour your perceptions so strongly that you can become dissatisfied with wonder.

"Going with the flow" is quite a trite term for a very specific state of mind. Learning to accept each moment of the trip for what it is and enjoy it to the fullest can be an amazingly hard lesson.

You are not the only one who is also still learning it.

Good luck.

Anonymous

#98762 - 12/29/99 08:38 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info everyone. i think one of the other reasons my trip went bad was that my friend kept asking me if i liked it (i didn't) and i was just like "dude, eh, idunno", instead of just talking to him about it. i think i may have thought it would have ruined his trip if he found out i was having a bad one.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#98763 - 12/29/99 11:46 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I hate it when people ask you if your tripping,I always say that I'm fucked up first.Nothing worse than you saying that your tripping then your bud goes "well I'm not."

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom