Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience?
    #9871253 - 02/26/09 05:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering is it possible to have a deep or maybe spiritual experience off of eating a high amount or potent MJ edibles. Have any of you tried this to try and have a more trippy or meaningful time? I know eating too much can lead to uncomfortable and panic'y times. When I smoke it just doesn't really happen for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: weshroom]
    #9871407 - 02/26/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Me personally never have thought about that I just do that sometime on shrooms and CID, the only time I have ate weed was when I was on deck an on the way back home in Ga with 15 16 grams of coke and 2 ounces of weed and the cops got behind me I started to eat the weed an after 2 buds in I said fuck it but he never pulled me over!

--------------------

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: weshroom]
    #9871417 - 02/26/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i've never tried this...but i really dont think its gonna work...

maybe the eating will change something, but honestly if u eat a bunch, ull probably just get panicy and uncomfortable like u said

actually now that i think about it...eating is like "time release" cuz ur stomach doesnt digest it all at once

the way u might wana go about getting a crazy weed experience would be to just take a bunch of huge bong rips in a short span of time...thats probably the best way to pack a ton of THC into u in a short time

good luck with it...post back after u try the food thing, im curious

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineMindFood
Chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: teeter]
    #9871509 - 02/26/09 06:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I like ingesting MJ edibles, but in my experience ingesting huge amounts of marijuana is not fun and doesn't lead to a particularly meaningful or spiritual experience like you would obtain from classical hallucinogens.

Edited by MindFood (02/26/09 06:08 PM)

Invisiblesherm
sherman
 User Gallery

Loc: Euthanasia
    #9871531 - 02/26/09 06:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

too much = bed time for 10 hours

--------------------
shroomery.
not even once.

Offlinechrisdellinges
Stranger

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: sherm]
    #9871947 - 02/26/09 07:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah if i eat enough things start to look like a really low dose shroom trip like dreamy and hazy then i just start laughing and finally my eyes get too heavy and i fall asleep. no time for really profound thoughts.

Offlineganjababy
Stranger

#9871983 - 02/26/09 07:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Eating a lot of edibles will make you feel shitty. It's a really uncomfortable feeling, I never thought I could get too high, that's  true with smoking but eating is a whole other level...

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#9872056 - 02/26/09 07:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have had many deep and profound experiences from weed.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflinecollinZzZz
have moicy!
 User Gallery

Loc: midwaist
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: ganjababy]
    #9872078 - 02/26/09 07:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Whatever.  Eat three grams in olive oil and listen to some intense trippy music.  Your mind just may be blown. 
A few days back I did this and LOVED it.  Music became so euphoric that I was laughing and crying and I could barely move.  It did get sleepy and WOAH FUCKING STONED after about four hours or so.

--------------------
"I have never freed myself from the suspicion that there is something very odd about this mission."

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #9872085 - 02/26/09 07:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
I have had many deep and profound experiences from weed.

ya but in keeping with the OP...did u do it while on massive amounts of edibles?

or did u do like i suggested and take a bunch of huge bong rips....or did u have these experiences on normal amounts of weed

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: teeter]
    #9872105 - 02/26/09 07:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all the posts guys, I think I'll go with .75g Dank in firecracker then go out in nature with my mp3 player and just see how it goes. How does the .75g sound?

Invisible1112r
Stranger
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: MindFood]
    #9872211 - 02/26/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MindFood said:
I like ingesting MJ edibles, but in my experience ingesting huge amounts of marijuana is not fun and doesn't lead to a particularly meaningful or spiritual experience like you would obtain from classical hallucinogens. 

You should experience more variety.

OfflineRussianScholar
Biological Entity
Male

Loc: Alpha Cluster #164
    #9872360 - 02/26/09 07:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

weshroom said:
Thanks for all the posts guys, I think I'll go with .75g Dank in firecracker then go out in nature with my mp3 player and just see how it goes. How does the .75g sound?

thats not that much, if you put around 1.5-2 g's in a couple crackers it wont be too powerful and  you could still enjoy it. Last weekend i ate 2 grams and had a blast.

--------------------
"The crisis is a crisis in consciousness. A crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions, and considering what the world is now with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression, and so on, man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, and he has built a society along these lines."

Offlineretrospect
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: RussianScholar]
    #9872614 - 02/26/09 08:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Everytime I smoke weed I have very psychedelic, deep and meaningful experiences, whether it is a large quantity or not. I actually find really large quantities lessen the psychedelic effect and seem to numb my mind more.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: retrospect]
    #9872699 - 02/26/09 08:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
Everytime I smoke weed I have very psychedelic, deep and meaningful experiences, whether it is a large quantity or not. I actually find really large quantities lessen the psychedelic effect and seem to numb my mind more.

That's def true.

OfflineCommanderColonel
Stranger
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: skatealex2]
    #18718093 - 08/17/13 08:17 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Only when I combine weed with yoga.  Rare occurrence for me. It's only happened twice in around 7 years of super casual smoking / baking joy organic brownies that ease your psyche into some delicious realms. One time I went to fucking Pluto and back and saw the nebula, then oddly enough I quit cigarettes for good that week.  Havn't bought a pack in 2 years :laugh:

OfflineGreySatyr
Pagan-Psyche
Male

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: CommanderColonel]
    #18718102 - 08/17/13 08:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
...also, go to hell, huh?

Edited by GreySatyr (08/17/13 08:22 AM)

OfflinePsychophillic
Stranger
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #20558313 - 09/12/14 02:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I personally find that the best way to receive "trippy" effects with weed is through dabbing, usually a sativa or hybrid. Use caution, as it will take you to the moon. Interestingly, I never used to get visuals with weed until I dosed 25c-nbome. From then on I have had walls breath, minor colorless fractals, slight haloing, and occasionally very slight color shift.I have one particularly interesting hallucination where if I focus on one spot, everything in the bottom right 2/3rds of my vision will begin to slowly melt away into a spiral. But i have to be blasted out of my mind to get most of these effects from weed.

--------------------
Step through the thin membrane just beyond our universe, and gaze back into the basal truth of what was once your reality.

OfflinePsyDragon
journeyman

Loc: state of perpetual transi...
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: Psychophillic]
    #20558328 - 09/12/14 03:01 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Although I'm kind of self-conscious that it's a crutch, weed+meditation in various forms can be very potent. But, I mean, yeah, just weed and a trail in the woods can be profound and deeply evocative, with the right mindset. :smile: Weed doesn't really create the experience, but can facilitate it.

Edited by ColorDragon (09/12/14 03:02 PM)

Offlineteenagehippie
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: PsyDragon]
    #20558362 - 09/12/14 03:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Although edibles can definitely get trippy, I think the average stoner will literally pass out long before they have any shroom-like epiphanies.

Invisiblefalox
Female

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: teenagehippie]
    #20558447 - 09/12/14 03:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

If you tolerance is low enough you can definitely have a very deep experience. I didn't start smoking till my late 20s and the first year or so it was profound thought after profound thought, it changed my life completely, but that was because I put my mental effort into analyzing those experiences.

Now a days though(daily smoker) its more to sit back and relax, even after a few dabs I don't get much of a "buzz" anymore, gotta take that tolerance break soon.

OfflineYippie
Happystance
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: sherm]
    #20558800 - 09/12/14 04:29 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sherm said:
too much = bed time for 10 hours

Correction: too much = very bad time for hours

...but high(er) doses of edibles is certainly a significant psychedelic experience.

--------------------
"Just living molecule to molecule"

Invisibledrr
Female
    #20559512 - 09/12/14 07:23 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

weshroom said:
I was wondering is it possible to have a deep or maybe spiritual experience off of eating a high amount or potent MJ edibles. Have any of you tried this to try and have a more trippy or meaningful time? I know eating too much can lead to uncomfortable and panic'y times. When I smoke it just doesn't really happen for me.

I've been there. It does get very trippy. But I don't think there's a lot of depth to it. More like panic. I'd never do it again. I thought I was having a heart attack for three hours. Light headed, heart racing, hanging on for dear life and hoping for it to be over.

Visuals can be interesting but compared to a real psychedelic they're nothing. Blurry and chaotic. There's no clarity, of visions or thoughts. Try this if you want to know what it feels like to have the worst panic attack you could imagine. YMMV. But I think enough in anybody's system and it's going to be a bad time. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed high doses of edibles also. Kind of unpredictable. Sometimes it's been really fun, but when it went sour, it went really sour. I almost called 911. After I was done thinking I was having a heart attack, I thought I was having a stroke. It was a nightmare.

Have a valium or something on hand to calm the nerves in case of panic. If you're not an anxiety prone person maybe this isn't a big concern, but there's a first time for everything. It's worse than you can imagine.

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: teenagehippie]
    #20559521 - 09/12/14 07:27 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Broken typewriter..

Korova makes a bunch of fine products to munch on, they are hands down the strongest product you will find in the US, any of their doses will out preform the same dosages + some.. They have a 20dose 1000mg brownie.  No, I cant say I have had a spiritual experience.  I have had something different than any other drug, a complete loss of 2 days with no explanation on what happened. 

It's just pot, this post is kinda silly.  Just get yourself an edible and chomp down and have dabs on deck.

Edited by MikeBearPig (09/12/14 07:28 PM)

Invisiblemadmodder
Up to no good

Loc: fuk zone
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: MikeBearPig]
    #20560583 - 09/13/14 12:40 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Sleep is a deep meaningful experience

--------------------

>

[__________________________]

Offlinepedrito
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: madmodder]
    #20560608 - 09/13/14 12:51 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know ppl... I've never eaten buds, but I ate hash and I ate pretty strong cookies and always had a blast. I'd also wouldn't risk going public, cause you never know how your body's gonna react. Once me and my friend ate same amount of ganja pudding (we had made it)and I laughed my guts out watching "Ice age", but he fell into coma(not literally ofc.).

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Ingesting a large amount of bud=deep or meaningful experience? [Re: pedrito]
    #20560662 - 09/13/14 01:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure it's possible. Sadhus smoke a shit ton of weed as a sacrament for Shiva. I suppose that's mystical.

Everyone's different so what's to say it's not possible for someone?

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates