Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesavetherobots
Stranger
where the @%#$ are my pins?!?!
    #986765 - 10/23/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hey newbie here,
i think i might have a problem...
i birthed my cakes about five or so days ago and i see no signs of pinning, just lots of mycelieum.. i have two cakes in one of those blue water dispenser thingys you see at the dentists office flipped on its flat side. there is a lyer of perlite on the bottom to keep it humid in there. i have the cakes sitting on top of the jar lids and i give them two hours of light a day and fan them at least three times. am i doing something wrong or am i just impatient? is there any way to speed up the process? im hoping to be eating them by all hallows eve, any chance thatll happen?

--------------------
-"Let your light proceed by its own design..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: where the @%#$ are my pins?!?! [Re: savetherobots]
    #986781 - 10/23/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

They are hiding , and growing stronger , waiting for you to be patient .
Have you exposed them to lowered temps ? Cold shocking .
Keep humidty up , keep up fresh air exchange , 72*F -78*F is good fruiting temp .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: where the @%#$ are my pins?!?! [Re: tripndicular]
    #986786 - 10/23/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

They go from pin to shroom in a few days, you'll be very suprised...  I'd say there is a good chance of having at least fresh fruits by the 31st  :grin:
again, be patient

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Offlinesavetherobots
Stranger
Re: where the @%#$ are my pins?!?! [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #986900 - 10/23/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

cool, thanks alot guys..
btw, cold shocking?? is that just placing them in cooler tempertures than their incubation temp or does that refer to the dunking i read of.... i did not dunk anything yet, but i do think its maybe one or two degrees cooler where the terrerium is...anyways, ill just be more patient and hopefully some fun guys will arrive soon. thnx again

--------------------
-"Let your light proceed by its own design..."

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #987191 - 10/23/02 04:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Cold shocking means placing your cakes or casings in a refrigerator for about 12 hours. Don't freeze them or leave them in for over 24 hours though to be safe. You don't have to dunk to cold shock.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Invisibledigitalshaolin
Irish guy

Loc: hot, dry close to mexico
    #987266 - 10/23/02 04:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

-snip
1. Spore inoculation to spore germination - within a week, at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spore germination to complete colonization of the cake - about 2 to 3 weeks.
3. Colonization to fruiting cycle start - within 2 weeks.
4. The fruiting cycle lasts about 2 weeks. After the initial flush, the mycelium cake begins to turn blue and no more mushrooms form. If the cake is thoroughly cleaned of abhorts and stray fungus blobs after the initial fruiting and given the PF double ended cake casing tek, fruiting can be doubled or even tripled.
-end

you should be fine I have had cakes go well over five days to show anything. but you should still make Halloween no problem.

Edited by digitalshaolin (10/23/02 04:58 PM)

Offlineincoherent
Stranger
    #1039018 - 11/09/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just basic stuff like this is great answers to simple question for us newbies, but most seem to leave you in suspence... so did ya have them by Halloween? How long from birth to pinning was it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck