Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: Innoculus]
    #9855853 - 02/24/09 12:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Something I love about marijuana is that it lets me live in the moment and enjoy my deep thoughts. I have always been a social outcast even before I started smoking weed and using lsd, but now I have a small group of friends that understand my perspective on psychedelics (they wanna trip, but no lsd available).  Honestly I am happy to stay away from fake sober type people.  This may sound weird, but I think I easily value my psychedelic experience's (including ganja) over pointless social gathering.

I think socializing is very healthy but I really cannot relate to the goal oriented way of living that many sober people latch onto. There are good sober people too don't get me wrong, and many many bad drug users. But I just love the psychedelic mind state. I have only had two real lsd trips, but both of them were fascinating and very meaningful to me, even my trip that was too intense- I find it absurd that more people are interested in having such unique experiences.

But from a sober perspective, without a doubt psychedelics make me care a little less about my social life. I still like my close friends though, just not most of society.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: skatealex2]
    #9855974 - 02/24/09 12:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Something I love about marijuana is that it lets me live in the moment and enjoy my deep thoughts. I have always been a social outcast even before I started smoking weed and using lsd, but now I have a small group of friends that understand my perspective on psychedelics (they wanna trip, but no lsd available).  Honestly I am happy to stay away from fake sober type people.  This may sound weird, but I think I easily value my psychedelic experience's (including ganja) over pointless social gathering.

I think socializing is very healthy but I really cannot relate to the goal oriented way of living that many sober people latch onto. There are good sober people too don't get me wrong, and many many bad drug users. But I just love the psychedelic mind state. I have only had two real lsd trips, but both of them were fascinating and very meaningful to me, even my trip that was too intense- I find it absurd that more people are interested in having such unique experiences.

But from a sober perspective, without a doubt psychedelics make me care a little less about my social life. I still like my close friends though, just not most of society.

Me too. Everything you said.
All the memories I have of various pyschedelic experiences (including weed for me too.) are way more important to me than all of the useless time I used to spend going to movies or getting coffee or walking around the mall with people I didn't even like, just so that I felt like I fit in. I was never like that, even when I pretended to be. That was a pretty long time ago and since then I have honestly stopped giving a fuck. I am who I am and I've gotten comfortable with myself and around people in large part because of weed. I found a good group of people and a place and mindset that I fit into and realized that I shouldn't have to pretend. All of those other things always felt so...EMPTY. Weed made me appreciate the little things and has given me so many amazing times that are so much better than that forced conversation and wasted time.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: alternatereality]
    #9856024 - 02/24/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:congrats:

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: Innoculus]
    #9856123 - 02/24/09 12:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey weed does that to me too. I love it. I would like to have a huge smoking session with everyone who posted in this topic. :sun:

Useless to say I've bond a very strong relationship with people I used to smoke or have tripped with. I'm just sorry I've too many "let's get fucked up" friends, and too few cool like you.

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (02/24/09 01:04 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: Hiei]
    #9856199 - 02/24/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When i was in highschool sophmore - senior year me and my ffriends got fucked up everyday.  Our group of friends and then other groups of drug abusing people would occasionally get together and get fucked up.  But for the most part it was just myself and our group of friends (like 10 people)  Not every person was there all the time but the group was there all the time.  Blazing before school and at lunch, after school doing opiates.  At night getting drunk, doing coke ocassionally.  And then there were the people at school that didn't do this.  They stayed sober, and we all hated them.  Moral of the story OP, those people tat are keeping them selves busy are missing out on a lot of fun and positive experiences.  I don't regret my drug use one bit!

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: singlecoil]
    #9856249 - 02/24/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The reason I hang out with the people I do is because we like the same hobbies and activities. One of them is smoking weed. So that's what we do. We have other hobbies too, though, like having jam sessions, hackysack and going to the park and such. Why should you care about what other people are doing? Most of the time, hanging out with "normal" or "popular" kids is boring as shit anyway. It's not like they don't do the same shit over and over again too, and they make themselves look like assholes while they do it, where as most drug users just chill and leave everyone alone.

As for tripping, I would much rather spend a night alone tripping than hang out with a bunch of other people who will probably end up doing douchebag type things after they get really fucked up. Tripping would be infinitely more productive. As long as you have at least a few friends who you can share your tripping experiences and drug use with, you're set IMO. As long as you have other hobbies

Edited by LSDaytripper (02/24/09 01:28 PM)

OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #9856632 - 02/24/09 02:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I used to hang with the popular crowd and drink and do stupid shit. I really didn't feel comfortable with myself. I was hiding my true personality for fear of what they would think of me.

I started smoking weed and eventually I pretty much said fuck it and kept to myself.

I met the most beautiful girl 1 year ago from now who is now my girlfriend.

A few weeks ago we dropped acid and I was happier than I have ever been and realised how stupid I've been in the past.

I now have a new circle of friends who are like minded, trip, and smoke weed and I've never felt more at home. That's just me though I guess.

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

Offlinesinglecoil
Psychonaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #9856898 - 02/24/09 03:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

describes me almost exact, except i met my girl 3 years ago, and we trip shrooms not acid=)

--------------------
Drift in the sound, let it take you away
Think For Yourself, Question Authority

OfflineGlassjaw
Bettysmith
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: AdrianPsy]
    #9856910 - 02/24/09 03:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No, I don't believe that my drug use hinders my social life and I am extremely content with my drug use.

All of my friends (the ones which I hang out with on almost a dialy basis) do drugs, but this is completley irrelevant.  I also have a fairly large group of friends that don't do drugs, and we have the same relationship.  The only person I've been able to have a deep conversation with any time is someone who has never smoked, and has only drank on occasion.

Don't think that drug use defines you as a person.  In my eyes, drug use is a hobby I have, and a hobby I love.

As long as you are happy with what you're doing, why worry about how people view you because of it?

--------------------

Edited by Glassjaw (02/24/09 03:16 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: singlecoil]
    #9857026 - 02/24/09 03:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if this is what you mean but...

Getting to know new people is hard, when they dont get high or trip.

Everyone I work with gets drunk, I dont.
Only one guy do I even have a hint has AT LEAST smoked weed..... but he doesnt anymore, and I could get fired on a drug test.

Church? No thanks. Those people scare me.

Even considering these difficulties.... If I made a friend.... at some point, the subject is going to HAVE to come up.

I have brought the subject of weed up at work.... no takers. Its illegal and bad for you. ( i live in a pretty conservative place. )

I find it very hard to take social meetings to the next level..... Probably from the many years of learning to "hang out" with people meant getting high or tripping.

And probably part personal prefference, If I met you for the first time, I would rather dose up with you than go thru the ordeal of small talk. By the end of the night, we would probably be friends, but if not, at least we would find out fairly quickly.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: Shad0w]
    #9857157 - 02/24/09 03:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
I don't know if this is what you mean but...

Getting to know new people is hard, when they dont get high or trip.

Everyone I work with gets drunk, I dont.
Only one guy do I even have a hint has AT LEAST smoked weed..... but he doesnt anymore, and I could get fired on a drug test.

Church? No thanks. Those people scare me.

Even considering these difficulties.... If I made a friend.... at some point, the subject is going to HAVE to come up.

I have brought the subject of weed up at work.... no takers. Its illegal and bad for you. ( i live in a pretty conservative place. )

I find it very hard to take social meetings to the next level..... Probably from the many years of learning to "hang out" with people meant getting high or tripping.

And probably part personal prefference, If I met you for the first time, I would rather dose up with you than go thru the ordeal of small talk. By the end of the night, we would probably be friends, but if not, at least we would find out fairly quickly.

haha, that is a great way to know someone, take lsd. see right through the barriers, could be risky though.

I agree that for certain people it is very hard to meet new friends or find a good group to hang out with

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: skatealex2]
    #9857290 - 02/24/09 04:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Small talk is an art I have yet to master. >.<

Them :"So what do you do for a living? "

Me: "Who cares? I am just doing it to pay for all the things I dont really need, but feel pressured to work for in order to conform to an ideal of "success" that doesnt really exist, while at the same time.. passing my short time on this planet without too much suffering."

Them : " uhhh..... ok..... your wierd."

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #9857331 - 02/24/09 04:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

that's so true :lol:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9857509 - 02/24/09 04:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

haha, seriously...... who the fuck wants to talk about business lmao :heresjohnny:

OfflineMcFRIED
When Will We Learn
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Doing Drugs Ruins my Social Life [Re: Pigasus]
    #9868505 - 02/26/09 10:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pigasus said:
I manage to do drugs every day and still get outside. :shrug:

I could give a shit about being "popular" but I have plenty of homiez.

same here i have plenty of friends but i do tend to blaze or trip with the same people over and over again i feel the same as the poster tho many people see my Aka drug use as to much but i could care less i see at ben harper does "if you dont like my fire then dont come around , cause im gonna burn one down":tongue2:

--------------------
In an interstellar burst I am back to save the universe.

:ganja:

With some help from the Super Friends!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order