Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Shroomery]
    #9875028 - 02/27/09 08:09 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I am not scared of death. I am looking forward to it even.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: aDoS]
    #9875090 - 02/27/09 08:26 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Why are you here?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Asante]
    #9876784 - 02/27/09 12:27 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

the new age belief in reincarnation

Since when is believing in reincarnation "new age"?

Quote:

There is no evidence to support these beliefs

There is no evidence supporting the belief that there is nothing after death either.

Quote:

if you challenge them you can see how people react. This will tell you how they are feeling rather then what they say they feel.

Cast bad light on somebodies mother and you get an equally predictable reaction. What are you, a robot? Of course people will get offended if their core beliefs are messed with.

It's fucking old age and new age, so what?

Since there is no evidence supporting something what is the point of presenting it as if.

And, not every one gets offended when you challenge their core beliefs because you do. That's just dumb.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Icelander]
    #9877080 - 02/27/09 01:18 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

And, not every one gets offended when you challenge their core beliefs because you do. That's just dumb

Some people thrive on it, like the JW's who come knocking that i am so fond of,, :lol: .

Sarcasm that, i have had some interesting conversations though.

Offlinellibby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: memes]
    #9877286 - 02/27/09 01:45 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

I believe in a some kind of existence that will follow death, and I believe there is an inherant intelligence underlying all events and matter....  I Recognise that I could easily be wrong; but I don't worry about it.  At the same time, I try not to speculate or hold any belief strongly-- because beliefs are intellectual.  If there is a creative intelligence that underlies everything, I know that my higher consciouneness (beyond my ego), as well as every consciousness (including the consciousness of inanimate objects), is contained within that intelligence.  If my ego and my personal identity will be destroyed at death, I'm indifferent to that. 

All fear origionates from the ego... but of course we never judge the ego as bad.. because judgement comes from ego, and also, be become what we hate (if not careful)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Asante]
    #9877334 - 02/27/09 01:52 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
There is no evidence supporting the belief that there is nothing after death either.

The degree to which changes in conscious experience are inherently tied with changes in neural substrate provide a hell of a lot of compelling evidence to one's individuality (what makes you 'you') being destroyed upon death, however.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinellibby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9877381 - 02/27/09 01:57 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

We're all terrified of death IMO."

Hmmm, we are all programmed to avoid pain.  Death is something only the consciousness (ego) understands.  The "subconscious" does not understand death.  In dreams, you never die (I think?).  And the element of death in a dream is a symbol for change.  I have no idea if the subconscious understands pain... but pain is concrete, death is a concept, so our fear of death is maybe 70% tainted by the fear of physical pain.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Kukaracha]
    #9878103 - 02/27/09 03:23 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Kukaracha said:
Why are you here?

because it is a sin to commit suicide

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleChronick
Connoisseur Of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
    #9887946 - 03/01/09 12:35 AM (15 years, 21 days ago)

I am not trying to make myself sound better than anyone else, but I have been very close to death on more than one occasion, once while heavily tripping. I used to fear death, but I realized death is not the end like I once thought, it is just a stage in the circle of life. Death has called my name and offered my spirit a passage into another dimension, I refused the offer because I still wanted to live and I endured freezing temperatures for many hours without sleep. I know death is waiting for me around the corner, but I am okay with that and I will just go with the flow until then, enjoying my time on this beautiful Earth. I will avoid death as long as I can, when I am ready I will heed the calling.

And here is something to think about for all of you who think when you die, your spirit just "disappears"...

"The law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant. A consequence of this law is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. The only thing that can happen with energy in an isolated system is that it can change form"

When a person dies, energy leaves their body, where does it go? It changes form and continues the journey.

--------------------
The truth is always hidden in plain sight.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #9888005 - 03/01/09 12:50 AM (15 years, 21 days ago)

That is very strange for me to read. I suppose i used to be like you, OP.

Death is merely a transition. You lose body, but not essence.

There is nothing to fear if you live your life with integrity and intention.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #9889876 - 03/01/09 12:26 PM (15 years, 21 days ago)

I'm scared of dying before I've accomplished anything.

--------------------

OfflineArose Chaos
Simple Man
Male

Loc: West Coast
Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Silversoul]
    #9890557 - 03/01/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 21 days ago)

Nope I'm not seeing that I'm a marine and marines stare at death in the face and laugh

HaHa

--------------------
<<WOW
"There is nofhing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Offlinedevappy
Stranger

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Arose Chaos]
    #9893152 - 03/01/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

no death fears me. I challenged the grim reaper to a beat boxing battle and won.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Chronick]
    #9894294 - 03/02/09 12:15 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Chronick said:
I am not trying to make myself sound better than anyone else, but I have been very close to death on more than one occasion, once while heavily tripping. I used to fear death, but I realized death is not the end like I once thought, it is just a stage in the circle of life. Death has called my name and offered my spirit a passage into another dimension, I refused the offer because I still wanted to live and I endured freezing temperatures for many hours without sleep. I know death is waiting for me around the corner, but I am okay with that and I will just go with the flow until then, enjoying my time on this beautiful Earth. I will avoid death as long as I can, when I am ready I will heed the calling.

And here is something to think about for all of you who think when you die, your spirit just "disappears"...

"The law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in an isolated system remains constant. A consequence of this law is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. The only thing that can happen with energy in an isolated system is that it can change form"

When a person dies, energy leaves their body, where does it go? It changes form and continues the journey.

while that sounds nice and all, prove to me that the spirit actually has physical energy. when you can do that, point me to your bible.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Syle]
    #9894487 - 03/02/09 01:03 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

I;m only afraid of the pain that may ensue right before death.

The actual act of dying....I embrace :smile:

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: vandago]
    #9894530 - 03/02/09 01:17 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

yea, pain sucks

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #9894547 - 03/02/09 01:29 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

I think I might be more afraid of people I love dying before I do than myself dying. I don't know what i'd do without them.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#9896221 - 03/02/09 12:05 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
Quote:

Kukaracha said:
Why are you here?

because it is a sin to commit suicide

That's why I don't believe in god. I can do whatever the fuck I want. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: PDU]
    #9896240 - 03/02/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

There is nothing to fear if you live your life with integrity and intention.

And what, pray tell, do you have to lose if you don't?

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you scared of death? [Re: Icelander]
    #9897274 - 03/02/09 03:14 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

so you don't believe in what can possibly be true just because you don't like the rules?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order