Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethinkn
Stranger

okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores...
    #9865886 - 02/25/09 08:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores...
but what if I use an LC can I knockm up with that in lieu of spores?
and if so anyone have a good recipe/measurement
thanks all
have a good nite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNYGiants420
Hippie
Male

Re: okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores... [Re: thinkn]
    #9865900 - 02/25/09 08:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yes you can use spores to inoculate an LC. Click on search our forums in the top right and search LC tek.

--------------------
If I had a shotgun, you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heaven on down for you.
Because the bars are always open, and the time is always right, and if God's good word goes unspoken the music goes all night.

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

Re: okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores... [Re: NYGiants420]
    #9866068 - 02/25/09 09:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks but I think I should clarify, I have a good LC and I want to use that to knock up h2o2 BRF cakes to help cut down contam risks. I'm just wondering if anyone pulled it off and if so, what amount of peroxide should I add to the brf mix?
Should I add it by syringe after I autoclave the BRF cake jars through an inoculation port,soak it in peroxide or what?

Offlineabowers1988
Discarded Condom
Male

Loc: Canada
    #9866080 - 02/25/09 09:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"So uh, Randy? You wanna go in the men's room and I'll uh, ...:)give you a hand-job?":stonedjerk:
-South Park

A guy goes to the doctor, and asks "what's wrong with me; I'm sick and have trouble remembering stuff." Doctor does a few tests, goes to the man a few hours later and says, "I've got some bad news; you've got cancer, and you've got alzheimers." The man looks at the doctor and says, "Phew! At least I don't have cancer!":)

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

Re: okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores... [Re: abowers1988]
    #9866293 - 02/25/09 09:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Again? what's up with the thumbs up dude? does that mean something outside of the obvious? Y'know...  thumbs doesn't count if you wanna give someone the finger
lol
still looking for some help with this, anyone got any good answers?
thanks again

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9866354 - 02/25/09 10:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

why didn't u just include this in ur other post? why branch it off? u would have better chances to get help if ya did that. instead of quickly throwing a new thread up about the same subject...

:smile:

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

everything I say is a lie on here.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores... [Re: madwire3]
    #9866506 - 02/25/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

why are you using h2o2, i dont get it?

www.mushroomvideos.com ; watch the PF-tek  (4 parts)  it has all you need to know.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

#9866672 - 02/25/09 10:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

well I would have included it with my other post but it only occurred to me after reading another persons posting on a tangent subject. it was an after thought.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9866685 - 02/25/09 10:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just wondering cuz h2o2 is only for fighting cobweb mold and not much else.    and if you follow the pf tek cobweb mold generally isnt an issue.

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

Re: okay I got it, no peroxide in brf cakes using spores... [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9866811 - 02/25/09 11:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

and by the way RR, I'm not experienced. This is my first real attempt and I just got my first hint of white going. I've just been really interested in the subject for a long time and I'm trying to learn as much as possible from others mistakes and successes. I can't swear by my rooms cleanliness and I can't afford to buy or build a flowhood yet. I oust and sanitize everything, shower and  wear clean clothes, but I know it's not up to par, for me it won't ever be good enough till i build a proper lab. I live in an old pre-war apartment building right across from a very large park. I have 2 large and hairy dogs, but the worst part is I have too many freaking drafts from poorly insulated windows and cracks in the floor and walls. I worry even with my homemade glove box. The challenge for me is minimizing possible contams after autoclaving and during inoculation and while incubating, I haven't gotten further than that yet. I read such good things about peroxide that it seems very worth investigating.
Trust me RR I've been reading everything I can find and watching all the videos but I only had about 4 jars come through without contams. that's only about 7% of the 60 I knocked up.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9866945 - 02/25/09 11:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

my kitchen roof has leaked and all but fallen in my house I have to lysol and bleach clean my floor so they dont mold(it never stops) but mold is everywhere in my house it 150+yrs old.  3 dogs, almost every window leaks. put it this way it would be cheaper to knock my house down and rebuild than to repair room by room.

but my point is even with my homemade glovebox Ive never had any contams yet.  I just wear latex gloves and rub em down with alcohol and flame my needle b4 every hole, wipe inoculation holes down then just set them at room temp (use space heater in room for stable heat.) and wait.  just take your time when prepping and inoculating.  everything else just kinda works on its own after that.

--------------------

Edited by 13shrooms (02/25/09 11:53 PM)

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

#9867014 - 02/25/09 11:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

no sorry wasn't mocking you at all!!!  Just a typo that I accidentally copy and pasted instead of a comma. Forgive me if I gave you that impression. I sincerely appreciate the help dude.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9867154 - 02/25/09 11:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

oh, from the other posts, gotcha.:getstoned:

--------------------

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9867189 - 02/26/09 12:01 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wait did I miss something ? where did rr comment in this thread I looked through twice did I skip something?

--------------------
I agree totally. However, this forum isn't for the experienced growers, because they already know the ropes.  It's for the new growers who are just starting out.  Sometimes the hardest part about learning something new is un-learning bad info.  That's why I tend to correct people for calling a substrate tray a 'casing', etc.
RR

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9867222 - 02/26/09 12:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Just a typo that I accidentally copy and pasted instead of a comma

is what he told me when I asked.

--------------------

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

#9867229 - 02/26/09 12:08 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol, no RR didn't comment here it was a mistake/typo on my part that I accidentally copy and pasted. It could have just as easily been TT instead of RR
Wasn't my intention to cause a stir
I apologize

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9867250 - 02/26/09 12:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

ah I missed a few messages I started typing my last message then went for a cig and then a snack then came back and sent ... my bad :P damn boring night

--------------------
RR

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

#9867318 - 02/26/09 12:26 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

jeez... You know what... i doubly apologize!!! I'm an idiot... I glanced at the last part of your post, the quote by RR and I guess I replied to what I saw instinctively. lol but I couldn't remember typing RR!!!
I thought it was a typo because I there was supposed to be a comma there.
Sorry!
See what happens when you drink and try to keep up with  2 separate threads...
but in any case it was never my intention to offend :smile:
a 1000 humble apologies

Offlinemadwire3
queen of the smurfs
Female

#9867329 - 02/26/09 12:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

no worries here. was just super confused for a moment.

so u been playing with the search function any yet? daily I find stuff that's like "oh really?" or "oh that's so simple but so affective" u should try to spend at least an hour a day reading on here. it helps.. and trust what the trusted cultivators have to say. they have that title for a reason. :smile:

--------------------
RR

Offlinethinkn
Stranger

#9867424 - 02/26/09 12:54 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

no i can't say I did any searches on those particular threads but I just did a quick search on "oh really" and a lot of topics came up. Do you have a specific link? I'm more than happy to read. And I can't agree with you more. These guys know their stuff but I had a lot of contams (very sour smelling) and a bunch of jars with zero signs of life. not even contams. I knocked em up with b+ Puerto Ricans, burma and mazatapec, the mazas are the jars/grains that came through with rhizo signs of life.
I'm figure it's my fault because I can't maintain a sterile work environment or keep my inoculation chamber free from contams. I see cobweb mold on a bunch of my household plants along with 2 or 3 jars so I was figuring to I could simplify my efforts with h2o2. Now I can't wait to birth so I can yanking a piece off the jars that are colonizing to try and isolate the strain on agar and hopefully keep a good strain for posterity.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom