Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9850336 - 02/23/09 01:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Artemisias have been used in purifying smudges, to repel external parasites and to cleanse sick-smelling air, full of contagion, such as in the days of the Black Plague.

Interesting stuff,, i have heard this somewhere before. I suppose it was logical in those days to assume the sewage stench was causing the illness. people must have been terrified.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: Mike_yy]
    #9852755 - 02/23/09 08:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, I'm an absinthe drinker on occasion. I've made my own, bought the fake shit, and have a couple shots worth of the real stuff in my kitchen.

Absinthe does not make you hallucinate. Absinthe WAS illegal for many many years. This is due to the European wine industry from years ago. Now the original recipes were guarded secrets. Some of those old brands are back up and running WITH the original recipe intact. Opium use was widespread during the height of Absinthe. This may add to the confusion, but Absinthe does not contain opium. The seizure thing is Reefer Madness type propaganda IMO. The only proof is with lab rats. That doesn't mean shit. I can eat 10 lbs of certain foods that would kill a dog. I saw on the History Channel that Van Gough may have used Absinthe, in part, to treat his epilepsy. I too have epilepsy. Yes you can OD on it. The shit is around 160 proof. Its rocket fuel.

Brewing your own is easy:

Equal parts of PGA and vodka (1 gal total).
Two big handfuls of dried Wormswood.
Half cup of dried anise.
A McCormick spice jar of lemongrass.

It needs to be put in a non metal vessel with a lid. Stir it real good 2-3 times per day for 8-10 days. At the end of that time, strain through cheese cloth, teeshirt, etc.

The brew will not be green. Fuck that pointless BS.

Making the drink:

1 shot of Absinthe
5 shots of water
2-4 sugar cubes

Fuck the Absinthe spoon. Use a shaker, or stir it.

Its an aquired taste. Its much like bitter black liqorice. You will have to experiment with the sugar until you find your fit. I like it, so I just take the edge off the bitterness with 2 sugar cubes.

So why should anyone drink it if it doesn't make you trip?

1 Its alcohol
2 Its a way to connect with the past
3 The drunk is diferent than anything else (sedative effects)
4 It may make you cut off your earlobe and give it to your favorite hooker (Van Gogh reference)

Hope this helped somebody. It took me a bit to type because I'm stoned as hell. :lol:

EG

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: durian_2008]
    #9853670 - 02/23/09 11:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
I've used it to potentiate smoking blends, and I believe it promotes clarity.

Artemisias have been used in purifying smudges, to repel external parasites and to cleanse sick-smelling air, full of contagion, such as in the days of the Black Plague. IMHO, plain Artemisia smoke is slightly bluish and has a musty, minty smell.

Also burned in moxabustion to remove turbidity, etc.

Wormwood is used as a cure for worms in homeopathic cleansing pills, which generally contain psyllium, witch hazel, walnut hulls, and cloves. Liver cleansing, herbal additives, such as licorice or milk thistle, are not unheard of. Online advertisements show frightening pictures of the results.

It works great on my sinus infections. Besides killing germs, it makes the "raspy" feeling go away. I chew on a small wad of leaves, and use my tongue to massage the juice around my tonsils, uvula, etc.

Can be an organic pest repellent, although it is rumored to discourage the growth of some plants.

See thats what im talking about, im not talking about trying to get fucked up on it, any use is cool with me i just love to use plants:grin:

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: Mike_yy]
    #9861997 - 02/25/09 11:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Artemisias have been used in purifying smudges, to repel external parasites and to cleanse sick-smelling air, full of contagion, such as in the days of the Black Plague.

Quote:

Mikeyyork said:
Interesting stuff...

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:

Mikeyyork said:
i have heard this somewhere before. I suppose it was logical in those days to assume the sewage stench was causing the illness. people must have been terrified.

I'm not trying to be silly or metaphysical with this answer.

Sick rooms literally do smell of illness.

I'm not talking about solid vomit or excretia.

There is something awful in the air, and ordinary people can smell it.

In the setting of a home, or of informal hardship, I would certainly consider burning disinfectant herbs.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9862090 - 02/25/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
See thats what im talking about, im not talking about trying to get fucked up on it, any use is cool with me i just love to use plants:grin:

Thank you for the compliment.

Even the most arid ground upon which we walk is a supremely equipped pharmacy and pantry.

All of the extraneous weeds, which we try to permanently eradicate, are sold as exotic miracle cures around the world.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9862186 - 02/25/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
The seizure thing is Reefer Madness type propaganda IMO...The shit is around 160 proof. Its rocket fuel.

I believe that alcohol poisoning can cause seizures, especially from an unclean source.

There are also rumors of poisonous chemicals being added to all sorts of old-fashioned concoctions.

Chemical salts were added to absinthe, for instance, to make it an unnatural shade of green.

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
I saw on the History Channel that Van Gough may have used Absinthe, in part, to treat his epilepsy. I too have epilepsy.

Does wormwood help your epilepsy?

I understand that there are unusual sights and feelings, associated with an oncoming seizure. Does Wormwood cause the opposite for you?

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Artemisia absinthium [Re: durian_2008]
    #9862971 - 02/25/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe alcohol poisoning can, but that is Absinthe inclusive not exclusive. Alcohol is a depressant btw. That doesn't cause any harm.

IDK if it helps. I have it controlled with Lamictal and MJ. Things are a lot easier for those of us who suffer from this BS than during the days of great painters.

EG

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds