Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Ayahuasca + Gelatin = Bad idea?
    #9857402 - 02/24/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you arent aware, adding gelatin to a mimosa brew will bind the tannins in the mixture, forming a very sticky, downright glue-like mixture that can be easily removed. This completely removes the awful bitterness that is the main cause of nausea in mimosa/rue ayahuasca analogues. In fact, it can taste downright nice with some mint and sugar.

Ive experimented with this and came to two conclusions.

1) Discovered this right away... I have to use a lot less rue, like quarter my normal dose, because otherwise I will trip for 14 hours and spend the last 6 feeling my stomach turn itself inside out in an effort to end the MAOI poisoning. MAOI poisoning is not fun and the purge naturally prevents it. This results in a milder trip, but the lack of vomiting is generally worth it, except...

2) Discovered this about a month after a subsequent, more enjoyable ayahuasca/gelatin trip. I had flashbacks! Never experienced this during a year of monthly "natural" ayahuasca trips. My theory is that the harmine ended up going through my system and becoming stored in my body fat or something. What with the recession, I started losing weight, and I went through two days of feeling "speedy" and unable to sleep, and then two days of complete insanity. Couldnt tell time, everyones identity began blending together, I had this weird sense that people were present even though they werent, voices in my head... I became convinced that somebody had soaked the hair rubber band in my pocket with LSD or something, even though Ive never taken LSD, because the experience was inexplicably bizarre. And I had to work that night, too. And then, bam, it all ended at about 8 oclock, and I realized that it was exactly like the rue-trip hangover that I end up with after the DMT wears off when I use this gelatin trick.

Anyone else experience anything like this? I know that some people claim they dont vomit from ayahuasca and Im wondering if the same thing happens to them, or if I really was just losing it for a while there. :grin:

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca + Gelatin = Bad idea? [Re: jimbotron]
    #9857565 - 02/24/09 05:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i read about something like this before on mycotopia or what ever that other site is

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Loc: Thessaloniki
Re: Ayahuasca + Gelatin = Bad idea? [Re: thedudenj]
    #9860750 - 02/25/09 02:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

To avoid zelatine i not longer use Mimosa powder but chaliponga leafs and shredded caapi so i can filter easily and by clean.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca + Gelatin = Bad idea? [Re: albien5]
    #9860775 - 02/25/09 03:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://mycotopia.net/

yeah personally i suggest brewing with caapi and virdis and chaliponga.

tho mimosa is fine too.

but i prefer to take in the tannis and it all.

btw i started with mimosa and chaliponga with rue.

later i got my caapi and virdis

then chaliponga mimosa and caapi with rue that was nice

later i got the virdis in the brew and it changed it alot.

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

#9860784 - 02/25/09 03:09 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

dont tell me, adding other DMT containing plants changes the brew e?
i havent read it before i will try it :rockon:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9860800 - 02/25/09 03:17 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i later started work with virola which i have to say is a crazy additive and burgmansia and datura, which i only suggest in proper doses and fresh.

also something that always makes my brews stronger is using fresh fruits

--------------------

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

Re: Ayahuasca + Gelatin = Bad idea? [Re: jimbotron]
    #9860815 - 02/25/09 03:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Brugmansia and dature alone when taking alone can lead to permanent insanity with maoi add a 100x. When i was younger i used once 100g black caapi 100 g mimosa and 25 grams brugmansia but i was younger and crazier , i will not ever do it again.
Virola i think contains 5-MEO-DMT which with combination with MAOIS can lead to death.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9860832 - 02/25/09 03:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

shrug thats why careful dosing is required. 25g of brugmansia sounds like you werent using it right at all first off i dont weight it, its not something to be used in that fashion its not some drug.

you gota pick it from the local bush then use just the right amount of the flower or leaf, which isnt easy to do. but when done right its harmonious.

btw what do you think chaliponga contains that gives it a differnt feel from mimosa. its loaded with 5-meo

--------------------

Offlinealbien5
Happy traveler
Male

#9861184 - 02/25/09 07:23 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

you are talking about alchemy  :respect:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9862777 - 02/25/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

alittle bit whats your point. it works better when it comes to brewing ancient magic brews from some reason and with magic mushrooms. specially of the amanita genus.

which i might add i use psilocybin mushrooms and P torch cactus in the brew as well hand picked gyms and p torch chunks. as well as having used peyote in it before

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale