Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMentonaut
Stranger

Need Help Diagnosing Shroom Nugget Problem
    #9858371 - 02/24/09 07:14 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Penis Envy WBS spawned to coir/coffee grounds mixture in monotub. I knew I was having trouble with condensation on top of the spawn, so I thinned out the polyfil a bit. It's reduced the issue a bit, but it's still there.

Anyways, as you can see, I'm getting a shit ton of "nuggets" rather than viable mushrooms. They are very dense, as you can see from the pics. All told just from nuggets I pulled 444.9 grams.

So I had two questions. First, is the condensation the likely culprit here and how should I fix it?

Second, are these nuggets likely to be of similar potency as good shrooms?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Need Help Diagnosing Shroom Nugget Problem [Re: Mentonaut]
    #9858402 - 02/24/09 07:19 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Most likely just genetics.  You used multispore, right?  Weirdo mutations come and go even if youre growing the same way - just different genes.

Potency would probably be a different set of genes - I'd treat a mutant the exact same as a mushroom.

If not stronger - a mutant that aborts before reaching maturity (because what does a mature mutant look like?) would have more concentrated actives in it than a fully grown out veil broken hollow mushroom.

Don't sweat it.  If you dont like them - clone a happy mushroom.  I personally save the mutants for myself and give away the boring mushrooms because i think theyre more unique.

Offlinelittleapplemm
Mysterious Creature
Male

Loc: MN
Re: Need Help Diagnosing Shroom Nugget Problem [Re: Cascadian]
    #9858455 - 02/24/09 07:29 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

I agree with Cascadian.

The one in the first pic, top left, looks like a mis-shapen heart.

--------------------
Taco Bell tastes better with bike grease!
----------------------------------------------
See what projects I'm working on here

OfflineMentonaut
Stranger

Re: Need Help Diagnosing Shroom Nugget Problem [Re: littleapplemm]
    #9861557 - 02/25/09 09:35 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I was wondering that. What made me suspicious that it might be something else was that all the pins started normal, then slowly morphed to this, and they seemed to not be growing up so much as turning back in on themselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck