Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlines986
Stranger
I never get any decent visual effects from mushroo
    #984906 - 10/22/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

and I have really bad side effects the next day.

I've done significnat quanitties of mushrooms and never gotten the cool visual or aural effects I'm looking for out of them. I've done them 4 times now I think.

The last time I took half an eigth (mexicans), three mushroom teas, and about 1.5 grams of powdered mushrooms all obtained from amsterdam over the course of hte night. I got some very VERY minor visual effects on patterns (wood grains, stone walls, wierd carpets, etc.) and a mild body buzz. Because of the poor effects the night degraded into insane amounts of drinking which made for a very unpleasant ending although it was more like being drunk than anything else at the end. I did go a little insane and became obsessed with a tiny blue bible i found in hte house and concerned about the origins of it and then burned it. That has nothing to do with my questions but it was pretty funny in retrospect. Anyway I suppose the alcohol could have countered the effects but we waited a good while before we started in on that. I should also say that I'm the type of person that can smoke a tiny amount of weed and feel way way WAY too high panicked even. I don't handle drugs very well and don't really do any besides mushrooms on a very rare ocasion so that just goes to show how mild all my "trips" were. I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why my trip was so mild after doing SO many mushrooms?

Also every time I do them the next day I have upset stomach (along with a little of the typical minor and managable nausea during the first 1/4 of the trip I'd say) indigestion and without getting too graphic a really painful case (as far as stomach cramps etc.) of the shits. This has happened every time the next day - am I alone on this? Is there a remedy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzWeThinkWeIz420
just an illusion

Loc: nor-cal
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mushroo [Re: s986]
    #985500 - 10/23/02 12:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

try smoking bud, or eating an e pill with your shrooms, that might help, or you might wanna try taking some maois i here those will fuck you up

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #985572 - 10/23/02 01:54 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

step 1: ingest the mushrooms (try 5 dried grams, maybe shop for some different shrooms - some are just not very powerful visually)
step 2: don't be "looking for" the hallucinations
step 3: smoke some weed, as suggested..
step 4: put on your favorite music
step 5: CLOSE YOUR EYES and lay back for a while... the peak's usually around the 1.5 hour mark

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
i used to look for open eye visuals, and don't really get 'em much, but with the right amounts of the right shrooms, with closed eyes: WOAH!!! HOLY SHIT!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mushroo [Re: Strumpling]
    #985674 - 10/23/02 03:14 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Look, take enough of a good mushroom and there won`t b any looking for visuals.
You won`t have a choice, they will come and you will experience them.
The mushrooms you took just don`t sound very strong.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #985728 - 10/23/02 04:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Next time, take more on the front end and smoke a little grass with it.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mushroo [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #985740 - 10/23/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just try some maoi they are safe as long as you keep to a trypatimne safe diet.
Just do a search and it should be easiey enough to find. Dont know why but i have also had the same proble with my home grown shrooms, they are just too weak.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #985741 - 10/23/02 04:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you must have gotten some really cheezmo mushies man. i got some up in canada once...toronto...and they sucked ass! kinda like what you are describing. weak. but the other times i've tripped it's been great! i mean, these here shroomies you're reffering too, do you KNOW where they come from? do you KNOW how they are dried? that's most of the problem half the time.
do you KNOW how old they are?

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mus [Re: s986]
    #985749 - 10/23/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Try eating on an empty stomach, don't drink any alcohol, play some music on the trip, GET outside (for some reason I'll notice visual distortions better outside while gazing at the moon and clouds....and it's just damn beautiful as well).
If you only felt a minor body buzz, then that's probably a sign that you didn't ingest enough to bring about a full trip. Try eating 3 dried grams of some shrooms, that should do the trick. Visuals aren't too important really, but since you said it was only a minor body buzz, then you most likely didn't experience the other great thing about trips. Try again in a few weeks, and just eat a little more. You just have to find your own sensitivity to shrooms. Some people can trip balls off 2 grams, others might need 4 grams for the same trip. Everyone's body is different.
Better luck next time. And strap in for the ride :grin: 

InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mus [Re: Sheepish]
    #985753 - 10/23/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

Some people can trip balls off 2 grams

yep. I ate 2 and am seeing electric sunbeams and fractals like hell.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #985817 - 10/23/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Don't consume them over the course of the night. What you eat up front is what you get and the rest is a waste. The tea method, for me at least, tends to make the trip a lot less strong as well. Try blending around 3g of dry cubensis into half up cup of fruit juice and drink the result quickly... in under five minutes. Be ready for the trip to come on quickly. If you have problems with the taste, hold your nose while you drink it and have a glass of water handy to wash everything down. Don't eat anything else for a few hours before you begin. Avoid alcohol both before and during the trip, and realize that smoking cannabis can bump the trip up a bit.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlines986
Stranger
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mus [Re: Seuss]
    #985891 - 10/23/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Is it ok to drink some mushroom tea along with the mushrooms you're eating up front?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #985906 - 10/23/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sure, but I don't see the point. Just either ingest a few dried grams of shrooms, or consume a tea with a few grams in it.

Edited by Sheepish (10/23/02 07:21 AM)

InvisibleVSOPXO
Cognacaholic

#985910 - 10/23/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i redose all the time, you can make it last all day

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mus [Re: VSOPXO]
    #986714 - 10/23/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Last longer yes, bump it higher, no... at least for me... if I eat 0.5g up front and then redose with 4g later on in the day, the trip lasts longer, but doesn't seem to go from a mid level 1 to a level 3.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #986894 - 10/23/02 02:38 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have friends who don't get anything beyond simple breathing visuals off mushrooms, reguardless of dosage. Like everyone said: try smoking some weed. Right as you're peaking should do you in nicely  :grin:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlines986
Stranger
    #987222 - 10/23/02 04:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well i have 1 eighth left and 3 bags of mushroom tea. I usually like to trip with someone else.

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #987284 - 10/23/02 05:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

three BAGS of mushroom tea? now, this may be a stupid question....but when in doubt ask, so...is it liquid in the bags? like those bags of wine you can buy all boxed up? or are you refering to tea bags? if they are tea bags, then they are probably paper...which lets out alot of the potency...no sealage! so uh...do you have those tea bags in a plastic bag?
you should take the tea bags and break them open and consume the powder. that seems like it would work better.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlines986
Stranger
Re: I never get any decent visual effects from mus [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #987329 - 10/23/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No tea bags like lipton except they're mushroom tea I bought in amsterdam. Are you sure it's safe to consume the powder? I don't know if they're might be other ingredients not designed for consumption in there or not?

The funny thing is I did one tea once and got not quite but almost the same effect as eating that huge quantity.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #987447 - 10/23/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, i know this one kid, regardless of the dose, he doesn't have visuals. Not anything really noticeable anyway.

I'm kind of the same way. Well sort of. I started off on sort of high doses(4 and 5 grams)...and i didn't see anything really. It was just a mindfuck. But then this one time, i took like 2.5-3 grams....and i had a considerable amount of visuals. That's my experience so far.

Like most people have said already, try and smoke some weed.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
    #987503 - 10/23/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

try a little nitrous with your shrooms, that always boosts my visuals

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale