Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: GA
Need some advice (paycheck stuff)
    #9813885 - 02/17/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I started working at my current job back in November. When I came in an interviewed, I was told I would be starting out at $8.50 an hour rather than $8. Up until recently I haven't checked my hours to be sure I was being paid properly. I had figured out this this paycheck I received today would be for more than it was. I did some math and figured out I was getting paid $8 an hour rather than the 8.fiddy I was told. This is the message I sent to my manager:

Quote:

I don't mean to sound rude, but I was under the impression I would start off making 8.50 an hour. Up until now I haven't closely checked my hours and paychecks because I figured they were right on. But I was calculating how much this check should be for with 44.46 hours at $8.50/h. It should've come out to $377.91 (before taxes and commission), but rather this check (before taxes and commission) is for $355.68, divided by 44.46 = $8.00/h.  I know the difference for this check after tax is only $17.65, but right now I need all the money I can get. I can only assume all of my other checks prior to this have also been at the rate of  $8.00/h rather than $8.50. Is there anything we can do to rectify this situation?

I haven't gotten a response yet since she is currently out (but will be back in probably an hour or so)

What's the nicest way possible to say, "I want to be paid the extra $.50 an hour I've been denied since I started working here for all the hours I've already worked, and to continue making $8.50 from here on out"? I've worked 245.1 hours here and the total amount missing from my paychecks is $122.55 (245.1 * .5) and after tax would be $99.14. That's a good bit of money for me. That 20% of my monthly bills right there.

--------------------

Edited by citricacidx (02/17/09 12:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

Re: Need some advice (paycheck stuff) [Re: citricacidx]
    #9813916 - 02/17/09 12:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If he already told you that, I would stick with what you have above. Of course make sure all grammar and stuff is correct but that seems like it would get the point across in a polite manner.

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need some advice (paycheck stuff) [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #9813931 - 02/17/09 12:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Personally, I think it's only fair. At my last job, I got overpaid on a paycheck, and they sure as hell didn't let me keep it. They just took out the difference from my next paycheck.

If an employer can take money back for over paying me, I definitely think I should be able to ask for my money from my employer under paying me.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9814383 - 02/17/09 01:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I talked to my manager (the one who originally told me I would be making $8.50) and she apologized and said she would back me up, and to send a message to the owner. I'll let you all know how this turns out.

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9832349 - 02/20/09 10:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

got an email from the owner saying he acknowledged the mistake and it would be corrected on my next paycheck. He didn't say specifics, like if I would be getting the :money: I should've already gotten, but I assume I will.

:awesome:

--------------------

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #9832374 - 02/20/09 10:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

money = :thumbup:

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need some advice (paycheck stuff) [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #9832392 - 02/20/09 10:15 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

As much as I dislike being dependent upon fiat money, unfortunately it makes the world go 'round. So for now, :money: = :omgawesome:

--------------------

Offlinecitricacidx
FunGuy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9850295 - 02/23/09 01:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So over the weekend, the check cancellation hit my account, i got hit with a $10 item cancellation, the amount for my check was taken out of my savings account, and i got a $10 overdraft protection fee. I let my manager know and she said she'd reimburse me.

Came into work today, and she wrote me a check for all of the above + $5. And then she decided she wanted to get the newer iPhone, cause she had the first gen. She gave me her old one for $0.50.

So now I have the money and an iPhone.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1