Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

What Guitar?
    #9739879 - 02/05/09 09:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey guitarists! How are we doing?

Maybe you can help me...

I'm a guitarist of a few years (make that 6) and have decided the time is coming for a new instrument...

I'm thinking maybe an electro-acoustic and starting my research. I am confident that for me the £500-1000 bracket represents a serious improvement on my current beloved, but essentially beginner, acoustic guitar.

What does shroomery think? what does shroomery play? i was in a fairly extensive guitar shop today and i've got the bug...

here is a what-if? scenario i would appreciate some thoughts on also!

- what would shroomerites do in this scenario: you have a choice of a martin and co. (value £600) and a japanese-make guitar (value £800-900). the japanese is an excellent piece of equipment and represents serious value for money, it would take £2000+ to get an american made guitar with this much attention to detail...  the martin however is one of the classic brands, it defines the acoustic sound almost... for your money you are getting a martin-build guitar. it is a little rougher round the edges than the japanese but you are essentially getting the martin sound and spec... what would you choose?

mmmm acoustic :stoned:

--------------------
read books

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineElixier
Awesome

Re: What Guitar? [Re: Jackenobi]
    #9739951 - 02/05/09 10:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Its all about the sound.  I'd go with a martin.  The main thing is GO IN THE SHOP AND TRY IT.  Don't look at the guitar listen to it.  Also ask them if you can try it out for a day.

OfflineOmegachrist
Dark Shaman
Male

Loc: Where the grass is green....
Re: What Guitar? [Re: Elixier]
    #9741974 - 02/05/09 04:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, definently up to the user. If you like the sound, by all means fork over the dough and get it. I don't buy musical instruments over the internet or from a pawn shop. Go to a reputable music store and go wild. I usually don't spend more than 500 bucks for a guitar but, I've only bought 2 in my life so, it all depends.

--------------------
"I dabble in all forms of art that show beauty in nature that in turn causes me to live in balance with mother nature, and to not tolerate anyone who opposes Gaia."

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: What Guitar? [Re: Omegachrist]
    #9743216 - 02/05/09 07:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well first of all if you are getting an acoustic stick with an acoustic, I wouldn't touch an acoustic-electric. That being said, I've played many Martin's and they all sound and play amazing. Not one has been disappointing, even the lowest priced ones. You CANNOT go wrong with a Martin, that is fact. You should go in though and play the Martin's and play the Japanese ones too and see what you like more. Those Japanese ones could blow the Martin's out of the water, but it's really up to what you feel more comfortable with.

Like what's already been said, go in and play don't just look.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: What Guitar? [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #9850097 - 02/23/09 01:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i am definitely on this.

...so i know in principle the downsides of an electro acoustic...

- cuttaway models lose some sound and quality
- obviously having an electrics box in there and pickups is going to undermine pure acoustic tone...

but what about as a tool? in future i may want to achieve some gigging... wouldn't an electro acoustic have its value?

lately i have upped the ante in my research etc so i'll be heading to the best shops in town very soon...

pretty excited tbh

anyone got any makes and models they love and wanna tell us about?

thx for replies so far gentlemen

ps. my reason for thinking e/a model is due to listening to rolling stones live cd's lately and creaming for sweet virginia...

granted keef guaranteed to be playing something of unreal quality...

--------------------
read books

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale