Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemathewww
Lurker.
Male

Loc: Seattle, Cascadia.
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Funguymon]
    #9778533 - 02/11/09 02:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul would get rid if the "drug czar".

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: mathewww]
    #9778571 - 02/11/09 02:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you mathewww. If I had a prize I would send you one.;)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Grok]
    #9778625 - 02/11/09 02:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What's the big deal about reforming MJ laws anyway?

They really do put a lot of people in prison for growing relatively small to medium amounts.  I spoke to someone who had been to prison in California and he said that nearly every third inmate was a grower.  Lots of them were young people who had never done anything wrong.

When simply throwing a stem in your trash or vacuuming up a seed leads to a SWAT raid, that is a significant problem.  Awful waste of resources too.

It also makes people much more likely to commit violent crime if you would get the same sentance for violent assaults as you would get for selling some weed.  Long jail sentences should be reserved for violent criminals, however they are letting a lot of violent people off easy because they need to lock up large amounts of drug offenders.

Federal mandatory minimums will put you away for ten years for simply tossing a handful of hemp seeds in your garden, doesn't matter if they are 1 cm tall and contain no thc.

The war on marijuana trains the american people that the government is a powerful juggernaut who will lock up anyone for virtually nothing.  When people are afraid of the government, you get slavery.  When the government is afraid of the people, you get liberty.  Potheads everywhere are afraid to speak up and demand their rights and attempt to change the laws because they feel (incorrectly) that exercizing free speech rights will make them a target of government persecution.

And don't even get me started on the millions of families that have been ripped apart and wasted tax dollars.  For every "marijuana trafficker" that they put in jail, there is likely to be a family missing its father.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Funguymon]
    #9778772 - 02/11/09 02:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul's pick would be much more liberal than Obama's pick. He has openly stated he wants to end the war on drugs (the good way, not by increasing budgets).

McCain on the other hand....

EDIT: Adding to Alan's post..there are harms that extend much further beyond people being put in prison. Some college students lose loans (even if they have a perfect GPA) and are forced to drop out if they are caught with a joint. Most of them come from poor backgrounds and college is the way out. When that is taken away from them, what is their future going to be?

People can't grow pot legally. As a consequence, a lot of marijuana is grown in natural forests here, and with that comes clearing of vegetation and animal habitats, along with pesticides and fertilizers being dumped in rivers and water supplies. Not to mention stolen electricity from people who don't want their grows discovered.

Suspicion of marijuana smells are also a reason for cops to search your vehicle, which basically gives them a free pass to flout the 4th amendment. If you think this is trivial, consider cops complain that if marijuana were legalized they wouldn't be allowed to search as many vehicles!

If you think marijuana laws are "fair" and manageable and shouldnt concern you because you will never get caught, check out the "drug war victims" link in my sig. It is full of people who were shot and killed by the police for having less than an oz of marijuana, as well as innocents when cops got the wrong house. Not saying it is going to happen to you, but each of those deaths are unjust, because they are consequences of unjust laws.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Edited by green_titan (02/11/09 03:11 PM)

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9778809 - 02/11/09 03:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Alan Rockefeller, I hope you NEVER EVER quit propagating that message. It is everyone's responsibility to spread their message of truth. Some are doing a better job than others such as the pro prohibition people and the institutionalized religions. I believe the movement is expanding, but that ultimately means nothing until the job is done.

For example, if you quit making your voice heard on the legalization of cannabis, than you are just as much to blame as the politician who is making his voice heard in favor of prohibiting this plant.

I would like to add to green_titan's post that you should check out his 'Legalize Meth' link because that has some good sense behind it.

Edited by Funguymon (02/11/09 06:40 PM)

InvisibleDebuteMachine

Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Grok]
    #9787359 - 02/12/09 08:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Grok said:
What's the big deal about reforming MJ laws anyway? Sure, it takes some legal risk out the equation, but that's about it -- 

Dude, that's the whole POINT! Try living in virginia. A gram is 30 days in jail. Do you know what happens if you get caught? Lawyer fees, job interviews get hurt, your family gets in a crisis.

Your statement is ignortant, think the whole thing through, bro.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: DebuteMachine]
    #9788636 - 02/13/09 12:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DebuteMachine said:
Quote:

Grok said:
What's the big deal about reforming MJ laws anyway? Sure, it takes some legal risk out the equation, but that's about it -- 

Dude, that's the whole POINT! Try living in virginia. A gram is 30 days in jail. Do you know what happens if you get caught? Lawyer fees, job interviews get hurt, your family gets in a crisis.

Your statement is ignorant, think the whole thing through, bro.

qft

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #9788885 - 02/13/09 02:26 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I got busted in 02 for possession and can no longer receive a Pell Grant or any other government funded grant (TEACH Grant, etc...) and had to pay back the $1,800 that I had already used for tuition and books that semester.
All for a half-full mini hitter box. Less than an 1/8, probably closer to a gram. How fuc#ing retarded is that.
To top it off I recently got laid off and have been unable to get a job because my conviction/probation period is still within the last seven years. I have 2-3 interviews a week. A lot have basically offered me the job but at the end asked if I would pass a background check, so I tell them about my offense almost 7 years ago...
"I'm sorry but company policy wont let me continue this interview, thank you."
All (none distribution) marijuana charges need to be expunged. IMHO.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: veggie]
    #9789079 - 02/13/09 03:54 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Of course, ideally the drug czar should be eliminated. (I mean the office, not the person :smirk:) I don't know much about Kerlikowske and the article states "Kerlikowske opposed a city ballot measure, approved by voters, to make marijuana possession the lowest law-enforcement priority, saying it would create confusion". That doesn't sound good to me.

But Obama appointed him and that is good enough for the Otards... Change we can pretend in.

Quote:

I got busted in 02 for possession and can no longer receive a Pell Grant or any other government funded grant (TEACH Grant, etc...) and had to pay back the $1,800 that I had already used for tuition and books that semester.
All for a half-full mini hitter box. Less than an 1/8, probably closer to a gram. How fuc#ing retarded is that.

Makes perfect sense... they can now point to you and show how using drugs turns a bright young person into a complete loser that society will have nothing to do with.  Drugs ruined your life.  Don't do drugs... of course, they fail to mention that they are the ones that ruined your life, that you are not a loser, and that you were able to function perfectly well while using drugs... but that is not the message they want to send.

Offlineunborn
i had a title then i lost it.
Male

Loc: soon to be your asshole.
Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: Seuss]
    #9828642 - 02/19/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

Of course, ideally the drug czar should be eliminated. (I mean the office, not the person :smirk:) I don't know much about Kerlikowske and the article states "Kerlikowske opposed a city ballot measure, approved by voters, to make marijuana possession the lowest law-enforcement priority, saying it would create confusion". That doesn't sound good to me.

But Obama appointed him and that is good enough for the Otards... Change we can pretend in.

Yeah we should all just post cynical remarks on message boards that will straighten up our country.

I know you a mod but damn your a tool.  And I didnt even vote for obama.

Offlineganja_guru
Strangest Stranger
Male

Re: Seattle Police Chief appointed as new Obama Admin. Drug czar. [Re: unborn]
    #9849685 - 02/23/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul would probly choose Tommy Chong to be the czar

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals