Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeviou5
Urban Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Print making questions.... [Re: dead]
    #9843462 - 02/22/09 12:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dead said:
What I really hate is that when I see all this trouble, I sometimes receive a crumbled piece of foil in an envelope with no bag to protect it and the spores either smeared or fallen off...

Everyone should learn the proper procedures for printing and mailing prints, especially if they are going to trade them.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Amen to that.

...off topic, did you buy your glove box, or build it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Print making questions.... [Re: Deviou5]
    #9844625 - 02/22/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Im using foil, the only reason I asked about the paper is cuz I hadnt heard it called cartridge paper b4.

Quote:

I use heavy-duty foil for printing. I wipe the foils with isopropanol before printing, some sterilize them in a PC but I find that excessive. The foil is usually relatively clean anyway. What I do is I place the caps on a pre-printing foil for 4-5 hours before
transfering them to the actual printing foils. This allows most contaminate spores to fall on the pre-printing foil which is discarded.

I do all the procedures inside a glovebox. After the prints are done (usually I let them sit for 24 hours) I put each print in a clean plastic "ziplock" bag. Then I write the strain and printing date on the bag before storing them. Now they are ready to be stuffed to envelopes and sent to other cultivators in trade for new strains.

What I really hate is that when I see all this trouble, I sometimes receive a crumbled piece of foil in an envelope with no bag to protect it and the spores either smeared or fallen off...

Everyone should learn the proper procedures for printing and mailing prints, especially if they are going to trade them.

thats what I did:thumbup: minus the pre-print foil, Roadkill said thats only necessary for wild prints.

Quote:

did you buy your glove box, or build it?

I made it,  just cut/melted 2 arm holes in the side of a clear tub.  so its more of a still air box.

my problem was alcohol puddled under my box after I wiped everything down, it sucked the humidity out of the box thus drying my caps b4 they printed.  next time I will check so it doesnt happen again. 

Im not having a hard time with any methods just couldnt figure out why I failed.  I can read any tek and follow instructions to the letter.  thats why I was stumped and asked for help. 

just not used to failing when I follow step by step instructions.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Edited by 13shrooms (04/01/09 10:35 PM)

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Print making questions.... [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9844890 - 02/22/09 03:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said thats only necessary for wild prints.

Not to question RK:s expertise, but fruiting chambers are hardly sterile. All kinds of stuff may float around there. Also it is a good way to see which caps give spores when you have a low sporulating strain.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags