Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Growing mycelium, Wiled 2 see what shrooms
    #979338 - 10/21/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Alrighty then, Lately iv been colecting chunks of colanizing wood chip's and am going to let each sample colanize in the bag i collected the  samples in, And then when fully colanized im going 2 try and fruit, I took alot of chunks of colanizing wood chips from all aver the east side of Victoria, Some samples were taken from knowen shroom patches, But iv had a chat to the ranger and said what ever i had 2 say and now i have a car park spot reserved 4 me and i can go inti any fenced off garden that have good looking properties 4 shrooms, And i can take as many samples as i want, This head ranger realy belived my story,( So i guss if u know what the fuck your talking about then u will convince the oppasition) i couldent beleve this guy was buying it, FUCK ME :laugh: So now i ponder around and when ever he sees me he sais hello and comes over and seem's genunliy intersted because from the response iv goten from him each time i see him is like, OOHH WOW  thers GEKO, Hey GEKO ( how's those mycolgy lesson's going), :::::Geko:: (Good mate, how are ya to day) and so on But any way back to the point of thins post, If i let all of these diffrent species of wood loveing fungie fully colanize, Would it be posible to fruit what ever speices it is whith out knowing. :crazy: :ooo:
All ouestions are wellcome, And all answers will bee greatly apresheated  by a fellow shroomer that is going out on a limb to explore what fungie is colanizing 4 next season :grin: ,So i will continue my crusade and report in reguarly, But some advice  or nice comments would bee nice, Because it's good 4 confadence, And you need it aswell as patence.
Peace shroomer's. :cool: 

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

Re: Growing mycelium, Wiled 2 see what shrooms [Re: geko127]
    #980700 - 10/21/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

What was this post even about? I don't think one sentence made any sense.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Growing mycelium, Wiled 2 see what shrooms [Re: cheifdog24]
    #983349 - 10/22/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

this guy has yet to make any sense.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflinePoogi
Stranger
    #983354 - 10/22/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Uhh....yeah.

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #983635 - 10/22/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Lemme see if I can translate a bit:

Your going around in parks, collecting up samples of wood that appears to have some form mycilin type growth on them. In doing so, you befriended a park ranger, SOMEHOW convinced hime that you knew what you were doing with this stuff (good thing you didn't have to write them a letter) and are now letting this stuff grow on the wood you found it on, IN a bag. You seem to have the plan of fruiting this stuff (what ever "it" might be).

Am I close?

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Anonymous

Re: Growing mycelium, Wiled 2 see what shrooms [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #983652 - 10/22/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

loop, i think u are correct

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #983686 - 10/22/02 03:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

first off, this isn't exactly advanced.
now then, it would be possible to from wild mycelium(assuming the mycelium is that of a mushroom). the problems you will run into are as follows:
1.) the samples you have collected are from the wild and odds are that they are not clean. you may need to isolate the mycelia on agar.
2.) you don't know the optimal (or even the nesecary) growth parameters for the species you have collected.
what you might do if you realy want to do all the work is to make cultures of each specimen and spawn from that. you could then make an outdoor bed from each and continualy observe to see if anything grows. the problem with this is that you would have almost no way of knowing, in the event that a bed did fruit, if the species druiting was the same as the origional collections. you could have better assurance trying to do the same indoors in lab conditions but it would bot entail a lot more work and have less chance of success because you would have to provide the nesecary conditions yourself.
if you are just looking for actives you would have beter odds finding out what species grow in your area then finding the optimal havitats for those species.
good luck.
[edit: it totaly escaped my attention that your location is in you'r profile.]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (10/22/02 03:58 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#984117 - 10/22/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hehe, silly geko...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract