Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushypanda
Care Bear
Male User Gallery

What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab.
    #9840102 - 02/21/09 05:10 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

Ok, I just finished my first grow. B+(MS)>BRF/VERM(PF-Tek)>Shotgun FC

First flush from 3 cakes was 73 grams wet. Nothing amazing. But I'm happy. Few large fruits I was able to print. Second flush is looking great, about 12 hours from harvest. :grin:

I was blown away by the potency of these girls. Damn, 13 grams fresh was quite the 'mind-fuck'.

Anyway, on to the good shit.

I'm all hopped up on this hobby and want to go bulk!

I'm thinking I wanna start with bags for spawn as they contain larger amounts than jars and come pre-sterilized. I want to avoid the sterilizing/pasturizing step if possible. I know it's not difficult and the much cheaper route to DIY but I would like to avoid it as I have no PC.

Now what route would you take?

Cubensis Spore Syringe (Probably Ralphsters Fantastic Four Special)

5 TMS bags.

50/50 Mix (Pre-Pasteurized) 10lb (Hpoo/Shredded Straw)

inoculate bags and wait for 100% colonization and then spawn to 50/50 in tub.

Or..

You tell me what route you would take to avoid sterilizing grains and pasturizing bulk subs. How would you go from spore to maturity and go bulk for your first time.

I would basically love some input as I'm new to the hobby (especially bulk) and would gladly send you a fairly large B+ print for a good simple guide.

Love and light...

--------------------
There is something to be said for nodding out to a spectacle of colors. Plus that body high & euphoria...._Dark-Star
We are entirely defined by what we do and how we treat others._daytripper05

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMossy Lossy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: mushypanda]
    #9840179 - 02/21/09 05:28 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

hot water and a bucket.

a pressure cooker really is a safe bet.

i would love a B+ print to study 8).

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: Mossy Lossy]
    #9840304 - 02/21/09 05:46 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

if you want bulk its best to go with rye or wbs. and for that you HAVE to have a pc. im not sure, but you might be able to maybe spawn those ms bags to coir, that might work, not sure ive never tried it though

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: anakin3197]
    #9840643 - 02/21/09 06:35 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

well you can order the pre-sterilized bags. I got some from mycrotopia and they worked just fine. Go with whoever has the cheapest price per weight on spawn bags.

If you dont like paying for pre-sterilized spawn all the time, then you still dont need a pressure cooker to get lots of spawn ready really fast. Buy a lot of 1/4 pint jars, 2 dozen per monotub is a good amount. Just do a bunch of small brf cakes steam sterilized the little 4oz cakes take 7 to 10 days for full colonization. They colonize fast enough, the only way i've contaminated them is with dirty innoculant. Very cheap, quick way to get lots of spawn without a pc.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9840710 - 02/21/09 06:46 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

The way that I went some time back, was buy 5 syringes, get 3 free @ www.thehawkseye.com

I individually ziplocked them, and put all of those ziplocks in another ziplock after scrunching as much air out as possible, and then put the ziplock full of them into an air tight tupper ware and threw that bad boy in the fridge.

8 different strains for 80 bucks sounds like a win to me :smile:

I'd also advise against buying pre-sterilized stuff, unless money isn't a problem, as it becomes habitual to shell out extra bucks for a little less work. Just my opinion though.

Offlineshaggyeg6si
Stranger

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: c1dh3d]
    #9840965 - 02/21/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

The bags are a good choice, the downside is the expense. Poo, and coffee grounds, are free. You pay about 2 bucks for a pair of oven bags and just put a little water in there and place in the oven for a couple hours. It's quite easy, and doesn't smell bad. Once you buy a pressure cooker for grains, you don't have to again. Grains are a great way of making large flushes with large fruits without buying a lot of supplies. I skipped over the PF and went straight to grains, and ultimately I feel it was a great decision. Good luck!

Invisible5HR00M5N4K3
KREATOR
 User Gallery

Loc: UrbanWasteland2012
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: shaggyeg6si]
    #9841009 - 02/21/09 07:50 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

i'd grow BRF cakes, like usual.  they colonize quickly, and are pretty hard to fuck up.  if one stalls it won't be a huge pain in the dick like if a big bag stalls.

when complete, i'd crumble them up fine (not big chunks!, little ittie bittie chunks!), and then spawn to your bulk substrate.  you can use the shit that is spendy and pre-made, but pasteurizing bulk is easy as shit.

here's a way to prepare your bulk without a PC (scroll down a bit until you see chunks for coir) http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6194331#Post6194331

OfflineDeviou5
Urban Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: 5HR00M5N4K3]
    #9841365 - 02/21/09 09:18 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

If you have a big pot and a bunch of half-pint jars, just stick em in there, fill halfway up the sides of the jars with water, throw a lid on and boil the little bastards for an hour or so.  My mom uses that method to sterilize canning jars for making jam and stuff, so I borrowed her technique for my cakes XD.  That would save you from having to buy a PC, and it would save you the $$ on pre-sterilized sub. 

Anyways I've got some Alacabenzi prints kickin' around if you're interested in a trade.  Those B+ look interesting.  That goes for anyone else reading this too... man I wish I could get on the marketplace.

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: Deviou5]
    #9841410 - 02/21/09 09:28 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I like you're original idea get some myco bags and make up some pf-jars and just have fun with it!! don't forget to mention the shroomery when ordering from sponsored vendors they will usually kick in a free syringe or take 10% of you're myco-bag order. I prefer the Mad Season and LiL shop of spores,,,,Always been good to me. I have not had a chance to view the amazing b+ srain yet..

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: electrics]
    #9841681 - 02/21/09 10:11 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

I use my pf cakes to do bulk like this.

pf-tek cakes to coir sub in monotub.

make your cakes, wait for colonization(duh), crumble into tiny tiny pieces and mix into this tek  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=89994&F_Board=30&Thread=9289857&partnumber=&postmarker=

put it in an 18gal monotub and it took 12 days for all that to colonize(for me), and another 6 days after that to start giving me mushies. 

3 flushes later,  4-1/2 OZs dry. 

all ingredients are cheap and very low maintenance. 

www.ralphstersspores.com

2 syringes for $20.00 total.

when you buy 1 at $15 + $5 s/h request SOTM(strain of the month) its a freebie.

all 100% guaranteed satisfaction.

dont need B+ have a print already but thanx for the offer.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Offlinemushypanda
Care Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9842723 - 02/22/09 06:36 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Hey guys, Thanks for all the input. I know that buying pre-sterilized bags and pre-pasturized poo/straw is more expensive but I have a few dollars to throw into this and would like to skip that process as much as possible.

So, anyone have any personal experience with grain bags spawned to poo/straw? I used the search but didn't find a lot of what I was looking for.

I will send 1 print each to Deviou5 + electrics for they're input and interest in the print(s).

I have 1 more print up for grabs. All I ask for is a little more guidance...

So, say I buy the 5 1 pound TMS bags and the fantastic four special from Ralph so that I have 40cc+ of one strain so if I have to mix spawn, I can. Is 40cc's of spore-water enough to inoculate 5 bags?

Then if I order the poo/straw for bulk substrate, how many pounds would I need to mix with the spawn and place into monotubs?

I figured the cost roughly.

4 cube spore syringes - $40
5 grain bags from TMS - $56
10 pounds poo/straw - $40
A few totes (what size?) - $20

So for around 150 dollars I'm ready to go am I right? Missing anything?

Thanks again for the input.

I will send out 1 more print for study to the person who gives me a little step by step procedure on what you would do with these items to get the most end product?

Thanks all!

love & light

--------------------
There is something to be said for nodding out to a spectacle of colors. Plus that body high & euphoria...._Dark-Star

Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

#9842957 - 02/22/09 09:09 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Cubensis Spore Syringe (Probably Ralphsters Fantastic Four Special)
5 TMS bsgs
50/50 Mix (Pre-Pasteurized) 10lb (Hpoo/Shredded Straw)
inoculate bags and wait for 100% colonization and then spawn to 50/50 in tub.

if you don't have the equipment to sterilize your jars or bags, you definitely need someone else to do it for you, and the route you are taking seems very safe and failsafe.
ralphsters has some good genetics and their specials are always cool. be sure to ask for their strain of the month when you order. it's a free-be.
after inoculation waiting for 100% colonization is essential prior to adding your substrate. i visualize the bags as they're inoculating and shake/knead as needed every few days to be sure and get an even growth rate.
since the mycobags can easily hold about a gallon of seed they can be put into larger containers with the 50/50 substrate for a great flush of your favorite strain. more mass of substrate/grain = more mass of mushroom fruits, often larger fruits also within their genetic capability. be sure to cover the bottom/sides of your tub to prevent pinning underneith, or just use a light-proof container.

houdinihar

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: houdinihar]
    #9843223 - 02/22/09 10:53 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Follow this to the letter. (you can skip how he PH tests, how he makes his LC, or you can use a different bulk sub or use coco coir without additives).

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6194331#Post6194331

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Edited by ronjohn7779 (02/22/09 10:54 AM)

InvisibleDoodle
fuck off
Female

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9843398 - 02/22/09 11:50 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Hey, TMS bags are great, Ive used em before to spawn to bulk not long ago. I haven't done spawn bags other than that so instead of making my own i went this route. I usually use quart jars but at the time i hadn't bought another PC yet, but i think that the buying of substrate is a waste. Get some coir and follow largedoses tek for bulk pasteurizing, and just spawn to coir. its cheap and easy with no PC. and i think with 5 of those bags you could do two nice size mono's i spawned to two 18 gallon rubbermaids with 4 of em no problem, it wasnt mono tubs as i manually fanned and misted but same concept. Good luck with it all how ever you choice to go and if you got the money to spare buy a PC, it will come in handy if you plan to stay in this hobby.
Edit: also i dont need one but i wouldnt mid the B+ print.

Edited by Doodle (02/22/09 10:28 PM)

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: Mossy Lossy]
    #9843417 - 02/22/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Mossy Lossy said:
hot water and a bucket.

a pressure cooker really is a safe bet.

i would love a B+ print to study 8).

YOU NEED A PRESSURE COOKER FOR GRAINS.

I think your idea of buying pre-pasteurized bags is the only way to do bulk without a PC.  You could spawn that to coir/verm/coffee after fully colonized but you DO need to pasteurize the sub in a bucket with hot water.  140-160f for one hour.  Good luck!  I would love a B+ print or half of one to make some syringes if you end up with extras.

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Offlinemushypanda
Care Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9843527 - 02/22/09 12:32 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Hey guys, thanks again for all the input. I love it.

Deviou5, electrics and doodle - send me your addy's and providing you're not in California ,Georgia, or Idaho I will send these girls out.

Vermonster420 and houdinihar...I only have one print left from the first flush but am currently printing 3 more nice caps. For your input and help, I will also send you guys a print in a day or two if you're still interested.

On a side note, would it be cheaper/better to use coir for bulk sub instead of poo/straw?

It seems cheaper to go the pet store and pick up a few bricks of coir then too pay s+h for the pre-pasturized poo.

Is it safe to just boil water and throw bricks into bucket and add hot water to pasturize?

I read some semi-bulk teks where coir was used as substrate but is it okay to spawn grain bags to plain coir in a monotub? How many bricks would I need for an 18 gallon tote?

Thanks much!

Send me those addys fellas and I will get them prints to you.

--------------------

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Camp Crystal Lake
    #9843605 - 02/22/09 12:49 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Here's a great from start to finish Coir setup, tub size, bricks, everything. The link below will answer every question you just posted. As for your cost, ya, its a LOT cheaper to go with Coir,Coffee,Gypsum locally vs shipping in pre-pasteurized Hpoo. But when it gets warm out (depending on where you live) head out to the country and get yourself a pile of free stuff...then mix with Coir & Verm, mmmm good good mix.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8231041

Here's another that colonizes crazy fast (got some following this setup right now)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7780127/an/0/page/0

Saves me repeating what these extremely experienced folks have figured out and put hard work into making very easy to follow.

--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

Edited by Mephistophelian (02/22/09 12:54 PM)

Offlinemushypanda
Care Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #9843719 - 02/22/09 01:09 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks Mephisto! great help!

Offlineem3r1c
Stranger

#9844015 - 02/22/09 01:56 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

If you still have prints left PM me and I will send you postage for one. I am eager to branch out into bulk substrates but I am have not had the spores to justify a PC.
(I'd throw down some advice but I am only 1.5 weeks into my very first PF grow)

Edited by em3r1c (02/22/09 03:10 PM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What route would you take? Free print(s) up for grab. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9844483 - 02/22/09 02:17 PM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
use your grain bags and mix into this tek  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=89994&F_Board=30&Thread=9289857&partnumber=&postmarker=

put it in an 18gal monotub

thats what I said in the beginning.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates