Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoobie
Stranger
Male

Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics)
    #9835596 - 02/20/09 09:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Alright I have been fanning and misting about 4-5 times a day, and keep the light on for 12 hours a day. According to my hygrometer the humidity is at around 80-85% but i think its off cause its a cheap wal-mart one. I am going to get a better one later. Also the temp is steady at 74-76,and the cakes are sitting on foil. But I have been getting all these fat ass mushrooms or there is like 5 of them all growing in a cluster.

I cant figure out what to do differently. I have read fat mushrooms are caused by too high of humidity so i might try to lower it a bit. What are your opinions on these crazy mushrooms?

This pic there is like 7 mushrooms all growing in a cluster

The set up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Noobie]
    #9835606 - 02/20/09 09:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Genetics.

Just looks like how they're gonna grow.

It's MS right?

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Shroominit]
    #9835614 - 02/20/09 09:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Get a better hygrometer that way you know what your humidity is at.. Also do you have holes on all six sides of the tub ??

And yes it could be genetic..

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Shroominit]
    #9835627 - 02/20/09 09:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I have read fat mushrooms are caused by too high of humidity so i might try to lower it a bit.

Anyone who would write that doesn't have a clue.  You want 99% humidity.  I don't see what the problem is, unless the fruits have stopped growing or something.  Fat mushrooms are nice.  I would however, get the light closer to the tub, and please tell me the lid is only off for the picture.  Mist a few times daily as required to keep everything moving along nicely and the humidity up.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Damion5050]
    #9835633 - 02/20/09 09:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Your doing nothing wrong. Those are really huge. Just keep fanning and misting i bet those are going to be pretty nice fruits. You should see them grow a lot over the next few days.

Your hygrometer is wrong. Your fruiting chamber is atleast 90% with that design. And with the way those fruiits are looking you must have atleast 95%. I bet if you put a properly calibrated meter is would read 99%.

Dont lower your humidity, you cant have to much 99-100 is perfect.

As previosuly states is probably in the ginetcs to grow fat like that

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNoobie
Stranger
Male

Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Damion5050]
    #9835637 - 02/20/09 09:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

There are holes on all 6 sides but i taped a few of them up since i thought it was too dry.. but now i am thinking maybe its not. Do the mushrooms look alright besides the weirdness though? lol

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9835640 - 02/20/09 09:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes you have really big fruits and few of them. Or you have many fruits and they are medium sized. Its give or take with multispore, but like the other guys said fat is good Well in mushroom cultivation.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: Noobie]
    #9835641 - 02/20/09 09:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noobie said:
There are holes on all 6 sides but i taped a few of them up since i thought it was too dry.. but now i am thinking maybe its not. Do the mushrooms look alright besides the weirdness though? lol

they look really healthy :-)

you can take the few peices of tape of if you want.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNoobie
Stranger
Male

Re: Need some opinions on whats causing these crazy mushrooms (pics) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9835648 - 02/20/09 09:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I am glad you stopped in :thumbup:. And yeah the lid was only off for the pics, and i will lower the light.

Invisible5HR00M5N4K3
KREATOR
 User Gallery

Loc: UrbanWasteland2012
    #9835660 - 02/20/09 09:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

your mushrooms are not weird.  quit saying that.  for some reason its really bothering me that you expect them to look some other way.  i must be really sensitive and feely for mushrooms tonight.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9835669 - 02/20/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Take any and all tape off the holes.  Fresh air is the most important part of fruiting, and humidity is secondary.  You leave the holes open for fresh air, and mist as required for humidity and to replace the moisture that evaporates from the cakes.  If the cakes get dry, simply pile up some verm on top of them, and then pour water directly on it until the verm is soaked.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #9835670 - 02/20/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But I have been getting all these fat ass mushrooms or there is like 5 of them all growing in a cluster.

I cant figure out what to do differently.

Differently?

You are going to get huge mushrooms and TRIP FACE.

Have fun my friend.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineNoobie
Stranger
Male

#9835693 - 02/20/09 09:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Alright thanks for all the input guys, shroomery is the best!:grin: Hopefully i will have my first flush soon and I will let you know how it turned out. :thumbup:

OfflineDeviou5
Urban Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #9836413 - 02/20/09 11:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Mine always get nice and fat like that, and then stretch out nice and tall right before the cap pops open.  Nice!

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
    #9837267 - 02/21/09 06:01 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noobie said:

the weirdness you see in them is a reflection of the weirdness youre about to be when you eat them fat fuckin shroomys

:rolleyes:

good job on the cultivation!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies