Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers)
    #9830137 - 02/19/09 10:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:rainbowcloud:
This a is a topic that has been discused to some degree on this board. but rather than bumping 7 year old threads im gonna add my own thoughts and expereince on this phenomena.

what im talking about of course is the muscle paralysis some people report on high doeses of wood loving magic mushrooms
specificly p. azurescens

now up to this last jan i had always contended that mushrooms, even at not so high doeses are liable to do what ever they wat with you, and of course, a higher does of the most potent magic mushrooms known to man is very likly to cause some wacky stuff too occor in both your head and body.

so anyhow....

this past jan after new years me and 3 freinds of mine went on a little hike and camp fr a night in west marin. we set up our camp n a cool little bluff over looking the valley and the ocean, made a fire and decided to mush about.
i had been eating alot of mushrooms at the time.
3 days prior to that i had eaten an undetermened amount of cyan's azies's and friscosas. no scale was used but i would say it was at the very leased 5 grams combined.
the next night i ate an equal amount of cyans along side 9 drops of very freindly liquid.
so, with only one day off i embarked onto this quest thinking i may have quite the tolerence. so i endulged admitedly.
i ate a large amout of cyans i had just picked the day before.
at leased 5 grams

then i ate what i would think was about 2 grams of azies.

then we ate a good amount of blue honey while we just chilling and smoking around the fire.
i like honey so i admitedl, enduldged in that a bit more then i should have. the honey was also made from azurescens.

so as one would expect. i began to trip

extremly
and it was none to bad
had a fire infront of me, music , my bells and rocks and candels and other nice things. and great freinds including a girl whom im adore.
i was beaming. liek there where beams shooting out of me :wink: :prance:

after everyone had gone to bed

about 6 hours or so after eating them i was trying to eat a sandwich i had packed. when alll of a sudden it became very hard to chew through the bread
then inpossible

then i couldent even get the sandwich out of my mouth

my jaw was frozen

couldent close it.

i found that i could barly stand....

after muh strain i gathered most of my things and got to my tent.
everything was soooo hard, its inpossible to explaain. unther than just saying i was paralysied. but it would go in waves. or jolts rather. one moment i would be able to move a leg. then the act of focusing on my leg would fry out all connection i had to those nerves.

it was very disconcering.
i did not really know wether to laugh histaricly or start freaking out and sobing.
the fact that i was still tripping rather remarkably hard dispite it being well over 6 hours made it pretty crazy too. i was actualy seeing the nerological break down unfolding in my body. i was living witness to every little fire and or mis fire. and it painted some very crazy things.

and the one booming parable i was left with was "stop trying, it just has to be that way"
and time i tryed to move anything in my body it failed, went dead on me.
focusing on it only cloged up my over packed nero haighways and total gridlock insued.
i had to use focused unattateniton to even get to the side of my tent to try and stand.

i was stuck. had one pant leg off and one sock off, with another half off.
i then fell on my face out the tent door.
:rolleyes:

so with a face full of dust i now resigned myselfg to help

called out to my good buddy who was more then willing to aid me in clothing and bedding me.

it was pretty damn weak...but extremly funny at the same time...

anyway
i did not sleep much that night.

woke up still kinda feeling pins and needls
but the hike back invigorated me and i was feelign better then i had in weeks by the time we made it to the car.

it was an amazing lesson thats for sure

no wim left with questions
after reading many other similer reports im left wondering

why?
like i said above how it felt to me, as well as how it looked was that my nerves could not handel the amount of data that was corsing through them. and i basicaly had to rebuffer my body :shrug:

any one else have any exereince with this shroomy phenom?
any contribution is gratefuly apreciated :gd_icon:
:mushroomgrow:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLanc3r117
Rain
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: notapillow]
    #9830439 - 02/19/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

t

Edited by Lanc3r117 (12/10/09 01:33 PM)

Offlinejscix
rawr
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: Lanc3r117]
    #9830987 - 02/20/09 12:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the last time I saw Paul Stamets was two years ago at the Oakland Mushroom Symposium. After his presentation, I had to ask him an important question.
First I told him that upon ingesting Psilocybe azurescens, I experienced a state of momentary paralysis. After that I asked him:
"Is this paralysis the cause of psilocyn or one of its transformation products?"
He replied by tellig me that it is not caused by psilocyn but by another substance. This substance, he went on, can be evaporated by boiling this species of fungus and that when made into a tea this way, the toxin ought to be gone.

Quoted from: http://tribes.tribe.net/a4f0851e-dcf9-41cb-955c-25800c4c3aa9/thread/e6ad2d0d-2038-4934-801b-fdd63f145182

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: jscix]
    #9831042 - 02/20/09 12:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i talked to paul about this same topic

he also brought up the levels of beocystine that could be present

tho i thought that was an unlikly culprit

--------------------

OfflineEthericOctopuss
One foot in, onefoot out
Male

#9831105 - 02/20/09 01:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That's pretty scarey.

I haven't had full paralysis, but I have had mini-seizures and temporary loss of consciousness on higher end dosages (beyond a 1/4 oz dry) of cubes. Low to moderate dosages have never had that effect.

Haven't tried azurescens though.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #9831383 - 02/20/09 02:03 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

iv eaten 5-8 grams of cyans several times\\thats pretty thivk water

but this is the only time iv had my body give out like that

several times iv become very multchy

heavy

or glorpy

but i can shake it off

this was not that

--------------------

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #9831404 - 02/20/09 02:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

it's called sleep paralysis i think, when you are just about to sleep, your body shuts down your muscles. psylosiben being closely related to DMT might have to do with some of this as it is theorized that DMT is released from the brain when you sleep to cause dreaming.

--------------------

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: SalviNate]
    #9831443 - 02/20/09 02:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Its only theorized that dreaming is caused by DMT? I thought it was proven that DMT is responsible for dreaming.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

InvisibleAnand
AutisticShroomer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The netherlands Flag
Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: Legalize]
    #9831461 - 02/20/09 02:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I had something similar with my Ps Cyan (man made patch in the back yard) i made some mushroom mead from it, the next day i couldn't stand up or even hold a cup of coffee. I only had it with the mead, not with the fresh ps cyan. I asked a family friend who is a doctor(with tripping experience) , he said that it was most likely that the mushrooms somehow be spoiled/oxidized and that could cause those symptoms. So dry them right away or eat them fresh and check for rotting spots.

i had it with doses that could compare to like 0,5 gram dry, so not very high, i have also taken dried ps cyan from the same batch in 4 gram doses with out the paralysis effect.

Edited by Anand (02/20/09 02:45 AM)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: Legalize]
    #9831491 - 02/20/09 03:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Legalize said:
Its only theorized that dreaming is caused by DMT? I thought it was proven that DMT is responsible for dreaming.

no one knows how dreaming works

nor your brain for that matter

things are only proven till there disproven

it was nothign like sleep paralysis

i was very awake.

--------------------

Offlinespong

Loc: Australia
    #9831513 - 02/20/09 03:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I posted this in a thread a while ago but it was buried among newer threads so I thought I'd post my story again.
It's quite long and I really can't be bothered editing it too much so its just been copied & pasted.

This kind of thing has happend to a couple of friends of mine i was tripping with, this was on P. subaeruginosa.
They ate fresh subs, im not sure of the exact amount, and my memory isnt too good as i had eaten 3g of dried subs.
Ill try to peice the night together as best i can.
We started off as usuall, this was supposed to be a huge night of tripping for my birthday, i had brought 3g dried for me and 1.5g dried for a friend doing them for the first time, my other mates had hunted for some and ended up with two average sized dinner plates covered with mushrooms, im not exactly sure how much they ate, they claim to have eaten about a two handed handfull each in addition to some mushrooms tea aswell. I assume it was actually less than that as there wouldnt have been much more then that much there.
Anyway, the night began as usuall but, just as the mushrooms had hit me full force, before anything happened one of them left and went into the nearest town, after he had been gone for a bit one of my mates said he felt like he was dying, i didnt take much notice as i was beginning to lose my ego, i wasnt quite sure who he was or what he meant. Some time after that he passed out and apparently had some kind of siezure, i was outside at this point and didnt know what was happening. He had called an ambulance some time before he had the siezure and was waiting for them to arrive. As i came inside, i snapped back into it as i saw him, he really looked like he was dying, very pale, and this look on his face like he was giving up. He said it felt like his heart was beating really, really fast but wasnt actually moving any blood, he also felt like his whole body was just shutting down. I had no idea this kind of thing could happen, i was convinced that he was having a bad trip or something. I was a bit angry when he called the ambulance but its lucky he did, i didnt fully understand what was happening. Once the ambulance arrived they took him into it and took his blood pressure and heartrate, his heartrate was about 190bpm i think. They said he had strychnine in his system, i thought this was just them not knowing what was happening and blaming strychnine as its a popular myth around here that thats what they contain that actually causes the trip. Im not sure what they did, they gave him something to lower his heartrate and i think they mayhave done something to get rid of the strychnine, activated charcoal perhaps?
Anyway, we stayed at his while he was in the hospital, then his mother came home, i think they may have called her, she rang all of our parents and informed tham what we had been doing, i got driven home and my other mates either went home or to a mates place. So the usuall followed, furious parents, shouting at me while i dont know who they were or what i had done.
The day after i found out that the one that had left for town had also checked himself into the hospital with similar symptoms, although not as bad. The next few days i tried to figure out what had happened, at first i thought it was the paramedics assuming it was strychnine but then i looked up the strychnine poisoning symptoms, they seem to fit what had happened to him. I then thought he had picked dud mushrooms that contained strychnine, i asked him if he was sure and he said he was 100% sure he had the right kind.
He also apparently has documents from his blood test in the hospital saying he had strychnine in his bloodstream, i havent seen these but i trust theyre right.

So if anyone bothered to read that above post, be carefull with subs, dont eat more than is needed, perhaps take advantage of the lemon tek instead of increasing dosage.

--------------------

^^^The above post is entirely fictional.^^^

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: spong]
    #9833658 - 02/20/09 01:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thats a bit diffrent

but its good to note as well

iv seen similer stuff ocer on cubes tho

seziors and or uncontrolable quakes.

it all seems to me like diffrent forms of shock.

the strychnine thing is a good thing to bare in mind tho.

this expereince was by far the most intense mushrooms trip iv ever had. the feeling of being everywhere yet nowhere
it was a total ocean of paradox. my body just seemed to leave at the door.

--------------------

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
    #9833683 - 02/20/09 01:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
Quote:

Legalize said:

no one knows how dreaming works

nor your brain for that matter

things are only proven till there disproven

it was nothign like sleep paralysis

i was very awake.

I know but some people can get to sleep paralysis while awake through intense meditation, maybe letting DMT be released while awake telling the brain st start paralysis, and as psilosybin is similar to DMT it would have the same effect in high doses?

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: SalviNate]
    #9833884 - 02/20/09 02:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

could being key there

dmt and dreaming are kinked due to more than a few connections. bu the tru nature of your head is far more complex than anything dmt can show you.

sleep paralsis has many theroys beind it already. some involving dmt. so its not an unheard of idea. its just that this was more like waking paralasis. it was like pins and needls. but it was static. light blurry white noise in my nerves. to disenent to decode.

all forms of paralasys have one thing in common
somthing is obstructing the messages the brain is sending either somewhere in the brain, spine, or nerves.

slep paralyasis is most usualy explained as such, people are sitting astride waking nd rem states. so they are able to see things, open there eyes, ect. buth there bodys have not been qued into the waking state yet.
similer yes

and i would not at all be surprised if dmt was involved mut a host of nero trasmiters are at play no doubt

--------------------

Offlinespong

#9837123 - 02/21/09 04:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm, your experience is looking less and less similar to what my friend described as you describe it, were you in any pain? I should ask my friend if he has the documents from the hospital. It would be good to spread this around, everyone is so used to hearing how harmless mushrooms are, I think this could be because any tests are only performed using cubensis mushrooms, wood lovers could have some completely unknown dangers.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9837162 - 02/21/09 04:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

wow, 9 drops of weak acid and a bunch of great shrooms.

You got weird?
You tripped hard?

Gollypops!

Fucking no clue man...........lol:stonedjerk:

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom paralysis (wood lovers) [Re: yageman]
    #9837220 - 02/21/09 05:22 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm
your posts dont seem to have changed

anyhooo

since you diddnt reallly have anything to add other than to try and seem like an internet bad ass i will say this

after taking those 9 hits i felt more frazled than i had in a while. stuff was just bleeding and crawling aroud. i was spacy, almost unresponsive. i was completly fryed. not too bad, but i had a little nostalgic day and a half or so remembering the hay day of my acid youth.
i had very much forgotten what a good lsd trip is like. having the mushrroms behind it really held me together and maintained a good level of energy throughout my body.

then after that little night of numbness i felt completly refreshed

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#9837221 - 02/21/09 05:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

and no i was not in any pain

i was...numb

the absence of all sensation or tactile ability

--------------------

Offlineretrospect
    #9837276 - 02/21/09 06:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

dmt puts you into a paralysis of sorts when you smoke enough. i have experienced it and it feels like your body weighs 1000 tonnes.

is this how you felt pillow?

as stated before psilocybin is closely related to dmt, so it wouldnt surprise me if it had similar paralysis effects.

thats kinda scary that there could be some sort of unknown toxic chemical in certain species of psilocybes.

Offlinespong

#9837300 - 02/21/09 06:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
and no i was not in any pain

i was...numb

the absence of all sensation or tactile ability

Ahh, ok then, my friend said he was in intense pain when that happened to him, another symptom of strychnine poisoning :strokebeard:.
Hmm, that same night a friend of mine said he couldnt move at one point, he recalled trying to move but not being able to, it was his first trip though so im pretty sure it was nothing like what you experienced.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate