Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Staying healthy with food
    #9835002 - 02/20/09 06:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

After several years of heavy smoking and heavy drinking heavily, I started stressing about my health and risks, and I remembered that eating well can save your life (until you get older and then die). Ironically Im drunk now but hey.

Here's 3 things Ive done to my diet which have noticeably improved my health (better immune system, less colds/crapiness) and Im sure all those antioxidants are doing wonders for my carcinogenic insides. Id love to hear other recommends...

- A mix of dried fruits (esp. sultanas, plums, also mixed bags of dried stuffs) and almonds. A couple of handfulls of this a day, its good as a snack or also works as replacement for beer fodder. Almonds and dried plums are a ridiculously healthy combo

- Soups. Eat once a day for a meal. Can even be breakfast sometimes. So easy and always taste great.

- Juice. A juicer is a worthwhile investment. A glass of juice is a serious boost. Carrot and apple (with ginger optional) is cheap and a personal favourite.

What are your health kicks?Its worth it

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelittlebirdie
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: mr_kite]
    #9837569 - 02/21/09 08:58 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I love my juicer! I have a Breville, and make all kinds of juices. Some of my favorite combinations:

apple and carrot
cilantro, apple, and beet (soooo good!)
fresh ginger root and apple and carrot

I also eat as low on the food chain as I can. I mostly eat  fresh veggies and fruits, and add in some good organic proteins such as free range chicken and eggs, or pasture fed beef. I stay away from grains as they tend to make me feel sluggish and heavy.

I also drink a shotglass full of apple cider vinegar in the morning after I wake up. It's a great way to begin the day, and apple cider vinegar (the organic kind with the "mother" as they call all the apple solids) has so many incredible health benefits.

Congrats on changing your diet - that's a huge step and it will reap HUGE rewards.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: littlebirdie]
    #9838950 - 02/21/09 01:37 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Regularly eat red meat
Regularly eat eggs
Cut out sugar 100%
Cut out grains 100%
No junk fruit (grapes, apples, oranges, etc...) (Don't know if this helps but they burn my stomach like hell anyway)
I was supposed to add fish to my daily diet which usually helps but there isn't anyway I'm going to make it out to the best fish market everyday. I don't have a freezer or lots of fridge space so I can't really do much about this.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9838985 - 02/21/09 01:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cut out all grains?

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Redstorm]
    #9839058 - 02/21/09 01:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. Even brown rice was drying out my skin and offering low nutritional value. I think quinoa is pretty gross so I don't eat that because I don't like my food tasting like dusty vomit.

The only real carbohydrate I stick to are garnet yams. They taste awesome and are (I think) the most densely nutritious kind of yam. What I find funny is that some people put maple syrup on their yams, but when I bake these garnet yams enough a natrual syrup will be released from them and I use that as a dip. It tastes so good and I want to start a business that sells yam syrup but that doesn't seem cost effective.

Without grains or many carbohydrates, my skin is clear and softer than it was when I was little. At least I'm pretty sure.

--------------------

Edited by PyroBurns (02/21/09 01:54 PM)

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #9842394 - 02/22/09 02:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What is a junk fruit? Pretty much any of them are going to have enough vitamins and incomplete protein to justify their sugar content. You could call canned fruits junk fruit, but I think its implied that anything fresh is > preserved.

I can't really blame you for doing something if you think it helps your skin, but most diet-skin correlations have been debunked.

Personally the only time I've ever eaten "healthy" is when I've tried to gain weight. Which mostly means lots of lean protein, whole grains, and cut out processed food. But I prefer to eat that way anyways.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: F0SS1L]
    #9842669 - 02/22/09 05:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oatmeal..

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Brainiac]
    #9842785 - 02/22/09 07:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Grapes and oranges and fruits like that IMO are more like junkfood than fruits. High in sugar and low in nutritional value.

I stick to bananas, avocado, coconuts, and berries. Maybe an apple if I feel like my stomach can handle it at the time.

Diet > skin correlation is obviously there when you change your macro nutrient intake and get your vitamins. I think it takes more drastic changes to fix up your skin but it's still there.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Redstorm]
    #9845009 - 02/22/09 04:13 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Cut out all grains?

never. i love my grains.

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#9848771 - 02/23/09 07:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Grapes and oranges and fruits like that IMO are more like junkfood than fruits. High in sugar and low in nutritional value.

Absolute bull Im afraid. Grapes have loads of minerals, and oranges remain one of the best sources of vitamin c and have loads of antioxidants. Their high sugar is irrelevant due totheir high nutritional value

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9848811 - 02/23/09 07:25 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

They have nutrients but many other sources have profoundly higher amounts.

--------------------

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9849275 - 02/23/09 10:12 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Meat maybe 3-4 times a week.
LOTS of mushrooms.
Fruit and bread in the morning.  Cup a coffee/tea/kombucha.
Always have veggies with lunch + dinner.
At least a pint of beer every day.
:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCult of veda
Galactic wave ryder

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Hypercube]
    #9948133 - 03/10/09 08:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i just dont mix proteins with sugars 
  or starch  .

--------------------
GROWIN IN NUMBERS...

Offlinethaddeus
newfolder

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Cult of veda]
    #10018117 - 03/22/09 03:02 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

aim too add more uncooked stuff .. protein included
i.e. macro biotic

good - excellent water only

eliminate preservatives

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #10020617 - 03/22/09 03:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I cant stop eating Peanut M&Ms.

But I have stopped drinking sodas and Ive cut way back on the Arizona teas and Snapples.  I do try to drink 8 glasses of water every day which is by far the best thing that you can do for yourself. 

My suggestion for healthy eating is to learn to love salads.

Ive surprised myself that now I enjoy going to restaurants that have great salads instead of great burgers.  Salads are the perfect munchie food too because they are cold and juicy, throw in some sliced orange and a few cherries into a salad and Im in heaven.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Offlinesilver97232
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: GabbaDj]
    #10023377 - 03/22/09 11:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Bread, fresh baked bread fills you up and if it's whole wheat you get tons of nutrients

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: silver97232]
    #10024096 - 03/23/09 02:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

its also full of carbs.  bread consumption should be limited to 1-2 servings a day.

--------------------

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #10024829 - 03/23/09 08:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
its also full of carbs.  bread consumption should be limited to 1-2 servings a day.

Why?  What is wrong with carbohydrates?  Fruit and potatoes and rice are almost pure carbs too.  If I had to limit myself to 1-2 servings of carbs a day I would quickly starve to death.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Hypercube]
    #10024871 - 03/23/09 08:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well i guess it depends on how active you are, but that statement holds true for the average, mostly non active american i guess lol.   

a healthy diet calls for 6-11 servings of breads/grains/cereal/pasta  and of the four you should be eating more grains and cereals than bread or pastas.  yes they are made from those things but they are more processed and not at nutritious.

roughly 1-3 slices of bread a day is what you should have.

--------------------

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #10047158 - 03/26/09 04:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think there is a perfect diet that is all-inclusive for everyone. 
As for health kicks I like the Mother's cider vinigar as well, though it's as hard as a wild turkey shot to get down.  And I also use the vinigar to clean.
I like to get a wheat grass shot from time to time, make my own healthy snacks with fiji water in my backpack to eat and drink while I'm out and about so I stay away from the fast food places.  Juices are a great pick me up and subsitute for meals to give the body a chance to digest and clean itself out a bit.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #10047422 - 03/26/09 05:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:

Um.. sorry but you are way off-base here. The amount of sugars in fruit is largely inconsequential, we are not talking refined white sugars or high fructose corn syrup here... it's fructose glucose... there IS a difference. And nutritional value is not everything. Healing properties as well. Your food should be your medicine. Of course, everything in moderation... but to just say no oranges or grapes because they are high in sugar is BS..

Red Grapes are loaded with the following phytochemicals: Phenolic acids, Flavonols, Flavon-3-ols, Myricetin, Peonidin, Flavonoids, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Tannins, Anthocyanins, Kaempferol, Cyanidin, Ellagic Acid, Proanthocyanidins. Ellagic acid is a known cancer-fighting element - it kills cancer cells. Grapes are super strong antioxidants, antibacterial, and antiviral. The flavonoids have also been shown to be effective in treating and preventing heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and a hundred of other things. Grapes kick fucking ass, for a lot of different reasons. Grape seeds, grape skins.. WINE.. its all good.

Oranges as well.. are fucking amazing fruits. I don't know how anyone could say they are "junkfood" fruits... blasphemy!!!
You know they are loaded with vitamin C (which the human body cannot produce itself), But did you also know that..

Quote:

In recent research studies, the healing properties of oranges have been associated with a wide variety of phytonutrient compounds. These phytonutrients include citrus flavanones (types of flavonoids that include the molecules hesperetin and naringenin), anthocyanins, hydroxycinnamic acids, and a variety of polyphenols. When these phytonutrients are studied in combination with oranges' vitamin C, the significant antioxidant properties of this fruit are understandable.

But it is yet another flavanone in oranges, the herperidin molecule, which has been singled out in phytonutrient research on oranges. Arguably, the most important flavanone in oranges, herperidin has been shown to lower high blood pressure as well as cholesterol in animal studies, and to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Importantly, most of this phytonutrient is found in the peel and inner white pulp of the orange, rather than in its liquid orange center, so this beneficial compound is too often removed by the processing of oranges into juice.

And that oranges can be used to treat, literally.. hundreds of diseases? There are hundreds of reasons to have a steady supply of citrus in your diet, especially oranges.
Do the research imo.

Sorry I just couldn't stand to see someone talking trash about probably my two most favorite fruits in the world, next to berries.

--------------------

Offlinethaddeus
newfolder

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Shroomism]
    #10058147 - 03/28/09 02:16 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

coool ..

OfflineOracleOfDelphi
My Goal: To look fresh as hell
Female

Loc: Your Mind
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: thaddeus]
    #10065152 - 03/29/09 10:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry Im late to the party...
Seaweed (kelp) is my new jam now.

Packed with iodine, calcium, folic acid and a host of trace minerals this stuff is bangin'!

I like it room temp with drizzled hot sesame oil and fresh chopped raw garlic. Oh yesh.

And dont forget seaweed soup w chicken dumplings and bok choy !
OoD

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: OracleOfDelphi]
    #10066700 - 03/29/09 01:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've been eating granola alot lately, different ways, different combo's, I've realized how important grains are and how hard they are too eat an abudance of threw out the day, granola is the way I've been eating them and its seriously delicious.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
    #10066766 - 03/29/09 01:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

PyroBurns said:

Um.. sorry but you are way off-base here. The amount of sugars in fruit is largely inconsequential, we are not talking refined white sugars or high fructose corn syrup here... it's fructose glucose... there IS a difference. And nutritional value is not everything. Healing properties as well. Your food should be your medicine. Of course, everything in moderation... but to just say no oranges or grapes because they are high in sugar is BS..

Red Grapes are loaded with the following phytochemicals: Phenolic acids, Flavonols, Flavon-3-ols, Myricetin, Peonidin, Flavonoids, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Tannins, Anthocyanins, Kaempferol, Cyanidin, Ellagic Acid, Proanthocyanidins. Ellagic acid is a known cancer-fighting element - it kills cancer cells. Grapes are super strong antioxidants, antibacterial, and antiviral. The flavonoids have also been shown to be effective in treating and preventing heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and a hundred of other things. Grapes kick fucking ass, for a lot of different reasons. Grape seeds, grape skins.. WINE.. its all good.

Oranges as well.. are fucking amazing fruits. I don't know how anyone could say they are "junkfood" fruits... blasphemy!!!
You know they are loaded with vitamin C (which the human body cannot produce itself), But did you also know that..

Quote:

In recent research studies, the healing properties of oranges have been associated with a wide variety of phytonutrient compounds. These phytonutrients include citrus flavanones (types of flavonoids that include the molecules hesperetin and naringenin), anthocyanins, hydroxycinnamic acids, and a variety of polyphenols. When these phytonutrients are studied in combination with oranges' vitamin C, the significant antioxidant properties of this fruit are understandable.

But it is yet another flavanone in oranges, the herperidin molecule, which has been singled out in phytonutrient research on oranges. Arguably, the most important flavanone in oranges, herperidin has been shown to lower high blood pressure as well as cholesterol in animal studies, and to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Importantly, most of this phytonutrient is found in the peel and inner white pulp of the orange, rather than in its liquid orange center, so this beneficial compound is too often removed by the processing of oranges into juice.

And that oranges can be used to treat, literally.. hundreds of diseases? There are hundreds of reasons to have a steady supply of citrus in your diet, especially oranges.
Do the research imo.

Sorry I just couldn't stand to see someone talking trash about probably my two most favorite fruits in the world, next to berries.

yeah I agree that is pretty outrageous

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#10067375 - 03/29/09 03:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OracleOfDelphi said:
Sorry Im late to the party...
Seaweed (kelp) is my new jam now.

Packed with iodine, calcium, folic acid and a host of trace minerals this stuff is bangin'!

I like it room temp with drizzled hot sesame oil and fresh chopped raw garlic. Oh yesh.

And dont forget seaweed soup w chicken dumplings and bok choy !
OoD

i chomp on it by itself as a snack.  and i add it to soups, salads, etc.  i eat it nearly every day.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: snoot]
    #10067387 - 03/29/09 03:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:

yeah I agree that is pretty outrageous

--------------------

Offlinethaddeus
newfolder

#10068989 - 03/29/09 06:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said: about probably my two most favorite fruits in the world, next to berries.

and awesome clean refreshing way to quench thirst too ..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #10076777 - 03/30/09 08:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

seaweed is the bomb-shizzle. That's half the reason I love sushi so much

--------------------

OfflineOracleOfDelphi
Female

#10079088 - 03/31/09 08:53 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

hey Shroomism long time no read.
You know, I never really like nori - but the thick strap-like raw kelp is amazing.

--------------------

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
    #10079132 - 03/31/09 09:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dulse is wonderful as well.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#10080924 - 03/31/09 02:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i like all of em, but nori is my least fav.  ill only eat it with sushi in it.

--------------------

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

#10105304 - 04/04/09 01:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If you truely want to be healthy and get "healed" you need to start eating raw, starch free, alkaline foods. Any fruits, Most vegetables, Nuts, Seeds etc. My brother makes some pretty  dope Raw chocolate out of Agave and Cacao, tastey and extremley healthy for you

Offlinethaddeus
newfolder

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10109154 - 04/05/09 06:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
If you truely want to be healthy and get "healed" you need to start eating raw, starch free, alkaline foods. Any fruits, Most vegetables, Nuts, Seeds etc. My brother makes some pretty  dope Raw chocolate out of Agave and Cacao, tastey and extremley healthy for you

Get us that recipe please Andre .. it sounds like a real prospect
cheers

Offlineillume
Alchemist
 User Gallery

#10109187 - 04/05/09 07:08 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OracleOfDelphi said:
Oh yesh.

OoD

Lmfao ...I say that all the time... never heard anyone else use it yet :awesome:

Lots of good info, this thread = win

OfflineOracleOfDelphi
Female

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: illume]
    #10109368 - 04/05/09 08:44 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Michael Scorn FBI....

The Office is the pinnacle of American TV.

--------------------

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: thaddeus]
    #10109662 - 04/05/09 10:15 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yo Thaddeus

Depending on the chocolate consistency you are trying to get depends on the ingredients.  To make a basic sauce the ingredients are Raw Agave Nectar and Raw Cacao Powder.  Recently I have been making a "chocolate apple pie filling" made with Raw almond butter, raw agave, raw cacao powder, cinnamon, raw cacao nibs(broken up beans), organic sun dried raisins, organic shelled hemp seeds, and one chopped up organic Fugi apple.  Stir in bowl, tastes so good I eat this everyday.  If you live in a big city (like me; Los Angeles) then you probably have better luck finding asshole McDonald Manager's then good quality fruit.  Remember we all have the power to rule our own life, do what you want if you want good quality real food move to an Organic farm.  The government is trying to get you to eat poison so they can control your conscious; become aware. 

Depending on where you live, you should probably be able to get this stuff from Whole Foods.  I'm not sure how healthy Agave Nectar is, it comes from the center of the Agave plant(cactus like, grows in desert) and highly praised by ancient Aztecs so I assume it's healthy.  Cacao Beans have about 1200 chemicals in them(take that TRUTH, Marijuana has ~400-500), it is a Cannabinoid Inhibitor, and contains Anandamide(naturally occurring Cannabinoid).  Anandamide when felt is commonly referred to as runner's high, as it occurs after physical exercise.  Cacao is the only plant besides Cannabis to contain Cannabinoids.  It is also a MAO inhibitor and was taken by ancient American Indians in conjunction with consuming psilocybin mushies.  Besides it's psychoactive effects, it has the highest amount of magnesium.  80% of the USA population is deficient in magnesium, Cacao has enough magnesium to reverse this.  The irony is some people are so sick from eating cooked chocolate and they can't stop.  Women crave chocolate during menstruation because magnesium and silica builds bones.  Our food science and way of thinking is not only out of date, but completely wrong.  It is the same thing with energy science, out of date and completely wrong.  All thought up by one ignorant scientist, then adopted by another.  We find calcium in bones and conclude calcium makes bones, does a Cow eat protein bars?  No, it eats grass... GRASS, and gets all the protein it needs.  Energy makes new energy, in this process it changes, that's how the universe works.  Even with our modern technology we do not have the ability to measure all of the properties from live food.  The most important thing being enzymes.  Enzymes are amino acids, protein is strings of amino acids packed together, the stomach secretes hydrochloric acid to take apart the protein, so the body can use the amino acids.  Fresh raw fruits, vegetables, herbs, seeds, and nuts are full of enzymes.  Enzymes are 3D and make up what we perceive as reality.  Every process to make anything in the body takes enzymes and they are destroyed at approximately 115 degrees fahrenheit.  Fruit has way more useable protein then meat; all from enzymes.  Enzymes perform tasks in living things to make living things live.  I believe the human body can take enzymes from plants and use them for anything it needs too.  From building muscles to repairing from the inside.  Modern science has decided consensus rules and since the enzymes we find our very specific "lock and key models" then those are the only enzymes, on the contrary I think we utilize enzymes for whatever stresses we put on our bodies.  All of our knowledge on food is false, we don't know what ancient man ate.  Some think they know, the wise know nothing. 

Coconut water is very good for you also it contains Kinetin which promotes cell division(rejuvenation) and is isotonic(hydrates you considerably faster then water).  Wild plants are the best because they contain the highest electrical voltage.  We are bio-electrical, plants with high electrical voltage charges the body so it can perform bodily functions easier.  Starch should be avoided and is a white poison to the body which is turned into mucous.  Ancient Mayans did not eat corn, they ate a green herb that had a kernel characteristic; this plant contained no starch.  "Educated" scientists decided the representation of the kernel must mean corn.  We are conditioned from day one in this country to forget why we are here and to become unconscious slaves.  The GOV wants everyone to become unconscious taxpaying slaves.  The laugh in our faces as they don't even chain us up, all they do is put up a billboard.  "Come to McDonald's and see Ronald, I'm Lovin It" then you gotta buy their medical insurance and not get cured but become an ATM to the pharmacists.  Until one day, and they know it, you'll die thinking you did the best you could.  Well I say fuck that eat towards higher consciousness and become more aware.  The earth is living just like you and I, every person makes a difference and our reaction to situations makes our future.  It might be hard at first to kick the cooked addiction, but after a couple weeks if you stay focused you'll love it and be in tune with nature. 

Sorry for rambling smoked some OG right before posting.

Edited by Andre Nickatina (04/05/09 01:39 PM)

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10114772 - 04/06/09 04:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I can certainly vouch for cutting out caffine and processed sugars.

As I person who used to drink a cup of coffee daily, and drank energy drinks...by the forth day my energy levels were amazing. I've even gotten a few friends onto it. If you do need to use sugar, use raw sugar and honey to sweeten.

I'm with you Hypercube on the carbs. I'm not a big guy but I have a very high metabolism. Surving on fruit/vegies/nuts is very hard for me, I contantly have to be eating.

So nowadays I use carbs just to give me the 'full' feeling. Rice and pasta's, with fruits and snacks for snacking.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

#10147617 - 04/11/09 12:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well personally I only eat food that is alive and organic or wild :- Fruits, roots, nuts, seeds, mushrooms, algaes, leaves, sprouted seeds also I drink reishi tea and eat ginseng and chinese liquorice. This has radically transformed my life .

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #10159214 - 04/13/09 04:19 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

More so than eating healthy is daily excercise.

Brainiac, completely agree with the oatmeal. I've been eating oatmeal almost religiously since I was like 10.

Juicers are great. I have a Panasonic model I got at a local Korean mega-mart. The best one I've used and it's so easy to clean. Juicers are also indispensable in a well equipped kitchen. I like to roast vegetables then juice them for a nice light broth or sauce. Zucchini juice, slightly warmed with a little butter and thyme goes great with white fish.

Good god Andre, that bud must have been amazing. I'm for most of what you expoused, especially the bit about corporate brainwashing. But really the secret to eating healthy is knowing how to cook for yourself and ending the daily reliance on fast food. (I say daily, because even I'll admit that at times I pine for a fillet o fish)

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: polantis]
    #10159694 - 04/13/09 05:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
I can certainly vouch for cutting out caffine and processed sugars.

As I person who used to drink a cup of coffee daily, and drank energy drinks...by the forth day my energy levels were amazing. I've even gotten a few friends onto it. If you do need to use sugar, use raw sugar and honey to sweeten.

I'm with you Hypercube on the carbs. I'm not a big guy but I have a very high metabolism. Surving on fruit/vegies/nuts is very hard for me, I contantly have to be eating.

So nowadays I use carbs just to give me the 'full' feeling. Rice and pasta's, with fruits and snacks for snacking.

one cup of coffee(8oz, not a mobil on the run gigantic cup) is actually good for you.  small amounts of caffeine daily are a benefit, not a negative.  now energy drinks, yes, quit fucking drinking them, because they contain incredibly unnatural and disproportionate amounts of caffeine.

i prefer green tea.  coffee jolts my ass awake and then i feel sluggish later in the day. i find that if i drink a cup or two of green tea in the morning, maybe one for lunch and one when i get home from work around 4:00pm, that keeps me feeling refreshed and full of energy all day long.

i prefer proteins and fats over carbs.  meats, nuts, beans, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: soochi]
    #10159725 - 04/13/09 05:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
More so than eating healthy is daily excercise.

Brainiac, completely agree with the oatmeal. I've been eating oatmeal almost religiously since I was like 10.

Juicers are great. I have a Panasonic model I got at a local Korean mega-mart. The best one I've used and it's so easy to clean. Juicers are also indispensable in a well equipped kitchen. I like to roast vegetables then juice them for a nice light broth or sauce. Zucchini juice, slightly warmed with a little butter and thyme goes great with white fish.

Good god Andre, that bud must have been amazing. I'm for most of what you expoused, especially the bit about corporate brainwashing. But really the secret to eating healthy is knowing how to cook for yourself and ending the daily reliance on fast food. (I say daily, because even I'll admit that at times I pine for a fillet o fish)

absolutely. exercise is essential and KEY to staying healthy.  you can eat as healthy as possible and still not be healthy if you never exercise.  i exercise for about 15-20 mins in the morning(mainly stretches and calisthenics) before work, and then sometime later after work i will do a more in depth workout(more strength and bodyweight geared).  i try to do it every day, but sometimes it just isnt possible, but at the very least i recommend stretching and doing mild calisthenics at some point early in the day.  not only does it help keep you limber and your metabolism going strong, it helps to wake you up the natural way.

i change my breakfasts up between either oatmeal or grits or some form of healthy  granola, nut and grain cereal. i usually have a banana with breakfast too.  and i prepare 99% of what i eat myself.  only in a serious time crunch will i eat something processed.  i would love to get a juicer at some point, preferably the jack lalane power juicer.

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #10159763 - 04/13/09 05:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oh Jack Lalane. What a character. Youtube an old sketch from In Living Color where Jim Carrey imitates him on his infomercial. Freakin' hilarious!!!

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineEtherealfeeling
invisible suture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sleepless City Treno
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10159780 - 04/13/09 05:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've removed glutenous grains, cow's milk, red meats, and white sugar from my diet. IMO I've become much healthier since doing so. My parents probably think otherwise.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: soochi]
    #10159914 - 04/13/09 06:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
Oh Jack Lalane. What a character. Youtube an old sketch from In Living Color where Jim Carrey imitates him on his infomercial. Freakin' hilarious!!!

lol ive seen that skit.  it was hilarious.

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#10177332 - 04/16/09 11:38 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck Im being a streamlined healthy machine....I feel so much better its unreal.

Here's my daily intake:

breakfast:
museli, serving almonds/hazelnuts, sultanas, yoghurt, coffee

lunch:
large smoothie: 1 banana, 1 serving berries, 4 dried plums, serving sunflower/pumpkin seeds, yoghurt, orange/apple juice

dinner:
stirfry/casserole
eg 1 serving broccoli, 1 serving carrot, onion, beans, 1 egg, soy sauce, chilli paste

Not sure how long ill keep this up without introducing more bread/rice/fibre...but im getting in much better shape and have so much energy

--------------------

Offline24hrmarathon
Stranger

#10178003 - 04/16/09 01:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I love eating fuji apples. Those things are detox mana. I had some major aches and pains from a junk-food binge. Ate two large ones fuji apples, and by the time I woke up the next day, I felt fresh. Also, they make defecating so wonderfully smooth and pleasurable. Ah! I might try a week and eat just fuji apples. I find that eating anything a week helps me find its healing properties.

Grapes are a good kidney cleanse. Watermelons also, but if I eat too much, I get a stomach ache. Strawberries are good also.

Offline24hrmarathon
Stranger

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: 24hrmarathon]
    #10178013 - 04/16/09 01:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Also forgot to mention fresh coconut. My wife's parents has a large coconut farm, and when we went to visit, we ate/drank fresh coconut straight from the tree. Oh man, that stuff is super! if you ever need a little kick in your love life, well.... :makes chimpanzee noises like tim the toolman taylor:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: 24hrmarathon]
    #10178348 - 04/16/09 02:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i prefer asian pears.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Hemp

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing