Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Guns [Re: Phred]
    #986476 - 10/23/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Pointing it and cocking it would have done the trick.

Maybe, maybe not. They might have pulled their gun on you then. Or said "You'd better know how to use that boy, cos i'm gonna ram it up your ass - sideways" like G Gordon Liddy did whenever anyone pulled a gun on him.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Guns [Re: mr_kite]
    #988437 - 10/24/02 12:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1) Why would you want to own a gun?

Personal and family protection, to protect other innocent people, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, for target and range use, to compete against other marksmen, to win 15 pounds of bacon at the last turkey shoot :wink:, to prevent and deter those who would commit genocide, to overthrow despotic and tyranical goverments, and to preserve the bill of rights the way the founding fathers intended it to be.

Quote:

2) Don't you think that the risks in having readily available firearms by far outweigh the benefits?

No.

Quote:

3) If you want a gun for the "hobby" of shooting, why can't you use non-leathal weapons, or even take up a bit of archery instead...?

Show me a man that can shoot doves or sporting clays with a bow and arrow, I can do that with my shotgun.

Quote:

4) If you want a gun for safety, don't you agree that if there were no guns then you would not need one for safety?

No. Cain killed his brother with brute force, if Abel had a .45 he probably could have fended off the attack and survived. There has always been violence and murder. Being unprepared and defencless does not make you safer, just vulnerable. That vulnerability also includes being vulnerable to genocide, btw, which is always preceded by gun control.

Here are some quotes on the subject of guns, which I like.

"The unarmed man is not just defenseless - he is also contemptible."
-Machiavelli

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. They deserve a place of honor with all that is good."
- George Washington

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"In September, 1943, a group of Soviet prisoners arrived. Polish Jews knew the camp and SS habits; the Russians knew how to use arms. ... [SS officer] Wolf went out to see, and was killed with an axe. SS Beckmann was stabbed in his office. We took their weapons and attacked the arsenal. What a joy to possess arms! I ran toward the gate which was not mined. A volley of bullets greeted me and forced me to retreat. I jumped over the barbed wire, and reached the forest. Free at last!"
- Ber Freiberg, describing the October 14 1943 revolt at the Sobibor death camp 

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Guns [Re: PjS]
    #994822 - 10/26/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

****Your roof won't slow down a rock moving at sixty miles a second much****

good point...we should live in caves and outlaw houses as well :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]