Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: *$&@ing wheat! [Re: SixTango]
    #987326 - 10/23/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, even after precooking for just 30 mins there are a lot more burst grains than you would get with rye.

>I fed the f*cking wheat to the birds.
there must have been a lot of f*cking fat birds around you bit for a while:smirk:

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

Re: *$&@ing wheat! [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #987353 - 10/23/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds like the source of your wheat may also be suspect. A bag a wheat stored in non-climate controled conditions(ie; barn/feed store in heat and humidity), whould be a great breeding ground for nasties. Try wheat from a food store and see what happens.

InvisibleShaw

Re: *$&@ing wheat! [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #987414 - 10/23/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

have you tried canning the rye? I mean straight up can the shit. Clean the rim, put the lid rubber seal down, and let it vaccum seal, then see if it contaminates. I don't think it will. I'm gunna say it has to be the innoculant or just something your doing wrong. steril is steril. vaccum can a few jars and see if they contam on there own. If there pc'd at 250deg for 90 minutes, i don't see how they could contaminate.

--------------------

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: *$&@ing wheat! [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #987482 - 10/23/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

>Try wheat from a food store and see what happens.
I have done so, and it works almost as well as rye, though a bit less shakeable.

>I'm gunna say it has to be the innoculant or just something your doing wrong.
something that I only do wrong with this particular wheat? as I said before, I have no trouble getting millet or rye sterilised, it's not like I'm new to working with grain you know:tongue:

>steril is steril.
well, yes, sterile IS sterile. but pressure cooked grain, though it is usually effectively sterile and probably won't contaminate within the time it takes to colonise, is rarely completely utterly sterile. there's always a small proportion of endospores that manage to survive, and if the original endospore load is very high this small surviving proportion can be large enough to produce problems.
anyhoo, I'm just repeating myself now....

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale