Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
Should I try again?
    #982702 - 10/22/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My first time taking shrooms, I had a horrible trip!  It started out ok... it was me, my boyfriend (S) & our friend (M),  I was just laughing & having a good time.  As I got more into it, my body felt really wierd & my stomach hurt.  Then, S thought he was going to throw up, so I followed him to the bathroom to help him.  He kept telling me not to look in the mirror.  When I did my skin looked greenish, but I thought that I looked so pretty.  I finally went back into the other room to wait for him.  When he came out we all went into the bedroom, he started playing a Mario game & M went on the computer.  I was just laying on the floor & at this point all I could do was ask questions, I couldn't get out a normal conversation.  Anytime M would turn around & look at me he seemed like a giant looming out at me from the corner, it was scary!  I really couldn't control much of what I did after that, I just remember thinking that what I felt like was either a dog or a baby.  I felt so bad becuase my boyfriend's grandmother ended up having to take care of me untill I came out if it because they we both triping, too & didn't know what to do!  Near the end I remember wondering if I was ever going to be normal again & I was so glad that I was.

My question is are there people out there that are just not able to have good trips?  I wonder this because when I was younger the doc's told me that I was bi-polar (like my father).  I personally do not think that I am, I don't do crazy things like he does or anthing.  I am just wondering: does the chemical imbalance that I have in my brain affect the drug & therefore affect my trip in a bad way?  My boyfriend thinks that this might be the case.  I just want to be able to have a good trip! :confused: 

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Should I try again? [Re: TeTr0]
    #982769 - 10/22/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

if you feel that your trip will be scary then it will be!
if you positive thoughts in your mind and no fear or such things your trip will be good.
another usefull advice should be to try again with a lower dose! and always be with people that you trust and you are comfortable with them;-)

OF COURSE you should try again!
let us know how was your second trip;-)

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Re: Should I try again? [Re: Hamurabi]
    #982818 - 10/22/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

But that's just it... I was with the 2 people that I felt most comfortable with & trust the most.  I wasn't scared at all going into it (mainly b/c I didn't know what to expect).  Maybe it all just took me by suprise & I freaked out?  I am just trying to figure out if it was just the simple fact that I took too much, I am a small girl!  I do want to try again & I will deffinitely let you know... thanks for the advice!    :smile: 

--------------------

OfflineItsAllGood
London Shroomer

Loc: London UK
    #983084 - 10/22/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmmm!!!! I think you just got paranoid - this is not uncommon for your first trip. The next time will be better - but remember don't do too much to start with - learn your limits.

As for being Bipolar - You should be ok unless your taking any drugs to stabalise your mood ect - Mushrooms and Lithium do not mix - If your mental health is in question stay the fuck away from mushrooms or any drugs for that matter.

--------------------
What a terrible thing to lay on somebody with a head full of acid

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #983243 - 10/22/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Think of mushrooms as an emotion amplifier... what ever you are feeling will be amplified, good or bad. If you decide to trip again, take a smaller dose and have somebody with you that you are comfortable with and that has done them before... somebody that can reassure you that everything is fine and you will be all right as soon as the drug wears off...

It sounds like you were in a good zone, having a nice trip when the people around you started to push you towards the bad end of the spectrum... it happens to the best of us, even those that are experienced...

Also, having a good trip is a learned experience. Try a low dose and have a wide variety of good music to listen to... some different foods to try... some different things to play with and look at... start slow and get used to changes the mushrooms bring out...

If things start to go bad, do something different. Move to a different room, or listen to different music, or get up and have a bit of chocolate, etc... You have had a bad trip now, which means you know pretty much the worst that can happen... and it started out pleasant, so you know what the good side can provide as well.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #983437 - 10/22/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't worry about not being about to make normal conversation. Nothing really needs to be said during the peak of a trip. Next time, try having music to listen to during the peak, so that you don't feel like you have to talk.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Should I try again? [Re: Sheepish]
    #983794 - 10/22/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

the guys are very right!
follow the advices and you fall into the sucess

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Re: Should I try again? [Re: Hamurabi]
    #983886 - 10/22/02 04:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I figured it more had to do with the fact that it was my 1st trip then anything.  I am not taking any medication for the bi-polar, so that didn't have anything to do with it.  I have been reading this site a lot, the trip reports & whatnot so that I know some good & bad things about tripping.  :grin:  That way my next trip will be good! 

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #985769 - 10/23/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Anxiety does happen on trips. It's nothing to freak out about. I'm now quite used to the fact that when I'm tripping/stoned, my conversation is going to be pretty simplistic. The trouble with trying to say things while tripping is when your thoughts run into each other, or you start saying something, and you sort of trail off. Or it just makes no sense. The hardest thing for me is trying to explain it. Now I just grin madly and my friends should just get the picture!
Sometimes a group of people tripping will just KNOW what someone is thinking about something, like they'll look at your face and say "Yeah, it's amazing isn't it?"

So give it another shot. After all, you're still learning. We all are.

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1081560 - 11/24/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Im bipolar and I can definitly have good trips...and many good trips ive had. So definitly try again if you are up for it:)

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Should I try again? [Re: forevadazin]
    #1082311 - 11/24/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The most important thing I trained myself to think of when I start getting paranoid or feeling bad is that its all gonna be over in a little bit.... and that you shouldnt think of anything at the moment, it has to be put off no matter what. (unless of course there is physical pain being incurred.)

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineTDogg
strangerdanger
Loc: soy norteamericano
Re: Should I try again? [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1085249 - 11/25/02 06:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

you definitely need to be around people who know when it's time to just shut the fuck up. trips are for the kind of people who like to drive in cars and just listen to the music and not talk. analyzing is for psychiatrists, trips are about pure experience--it's like skydiving.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1090448 - 11/27/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ditch the friend next time. Just you and your boyfriend on your own would be a much more balanced environment. Turn the lights down and chill out to some music and forget about making sense.

And as you may have realised, you do come down after a couple of hours. I think the worst thing about getting scary the first time on halucinogens is that it seems like it's going to go on forever. Once you get through that aspect then you can move on to better (and worse) trips and be able to deal with them much better.

But people need to realise that halucinogens do have these negative effects once in while. It's all part of the experience. If you want to experience heaven you need to appreciate what hell is. It makes you a better person to be able to face the dark side occasionally. And it makes the light that much brighter.

I'm presuming you're a female. I'm not too sure about how the female menstrual cycle affects your mood when tripping. I've known some women who become psychotic once a month and if they tripped then i wouldn't like to be around. It's worth a thought.

And tell your boyfriend that the next time he feels sick, don't tell you, just go to the bathroom on his own quietly. It seems to me that disturbing your trip with his nausea wasn't a good thing. You start worrying about him and that sets off all sorts of feelings and worries that shouldn't really be there.

And if you feel like a dog then "woof", just don't worry about it.

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #1092593 - 11/27/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Give it another whirl if you feel up to it. Dose what you feel comfortable with.

It was probably because you had no idea what to expect (did you think it was going to be simular to pot or another intoxicating substance you've tried?). Read some information on  Erowid  and  Lycaeum, and read some trip reports. The trip reports, both good and bad, gave me an idea of the best trips and the worst trips, so mine had to be somewhere inbetween.  :grin:

Definetly, like someone mentioned, keep in mind that it will all be over in short while.   

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: Should I try again? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1092602 - 11/27/02 10:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Oh - and Look into the mirror!!! It is much fun from my experience.  :tongue:

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Re: Should I try again? [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1093442 - 11/28/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

- Ditch the friend next time. Just you and your boyfriend on your own would be a much more balanced environment. Turn the lights down and chill out to some music and forget about making sense. -

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing the next time we decide to. I just think that maybe if it is just the 2 of us I will feel a lot morecomfortable & better about it... plus then he will be there for me if I need him. I also think the next time I try it I will take less & see what that does for me.

Oh, & yes I am a female, but my period didn't have anything to do with it. I never even thought that something like that would affect a trip!

--------------------

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Re: Should I try again? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1093454 - 11/28/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No, I didn't really think that it was going to be like smoking weed or anything... but I didn't know what it was going to be like. I had no clue what to expect becuase I didn't know about shrooms at all before I took them. I knew that it was going to fuck me up & that was pretty much it. I have read a lot of trip reports & gone through the forums so that the next time I do decide to try, I will hopefully be able to just have a good time with it.

Plus, I didn't know that things that were going on in my life (like stressfull situations or being in a bad mood) would have an affect on a trip. At them time that we took them, I was going through alot of shit & was not exactly in the best state of mind to be tripping. I think I may have even been going through a little bought of depression that didn't seem to be a big deal at the time... but I think I realized it a hell of a lot more after I had that bad trip because i made me think a lot!

--------------------

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1093487 - 11/28/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I also think the bit about you being on the floor looking up at everyone didn't help. Stay on the same level as everyone else next time, you won't feel as small and insignificant.

Also, have a read of my "cocoa shroom" thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum5&Number=1093380&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1 It's my latest experiment. Next time you have some shrooms, have a nice bar of dark chocolate in case you get a little jittery, it really did bring me down. I don't think milk chocolate would help much though.

I think some times bad trips happen because our bodies and therefore our brains run out of nutrients and energy. I always think that it's a good idea to take a good multi vitimin and mineral tablet everyday if you're doing drugs, because they do take a lot out of you. Maybe some of what i experienced with the chocolate was the energy rush damping the trip.

Tripping is a wonderful thing to get into. We can learn so much more about ourselves and our lives which would otherwise go undiscovered. And like Aldous Huxley, I fully intend on dying while I'm tripping. Read Doors of Perception.

OfflineBabyGrasshopper
Stranger
Re: Should I try again? [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #4961983 - 11/20/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not bi-polar, but I freaked a little during my first trip too. I just attributed it to not really knowing what to expect. My guide (my hubby) prepared me as best he could, but tripping is one of those things you don't "get" until you experience it. I feel now I'll be much better prepared should I trip again. You'll be fine. Just take a little less to test your limit and remember that tripping always ends.

OfflineBabyGrasshopper
Stranger
Re: Should I try again? [Re: BabyGrasshopper]
    #4961999 - 11/20/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry. Newbie here. Didn't realize I resurrected a REALLY old thread.

*embarrassed grin*

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4963330 - 11/21/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

"It is easier to try, than it is, doing it!"
-Unknown :P

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract