Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemadsplatter
Expirmentational
Male

Loc: U.S.A
A few questions on spore limits!?!
    #9804179 - 02/15/09 07:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

[b][i][gradient:#0F0D07,#][/gradient][/i][/b]
I am a noob trying to start some mycellium, I have a terrarium that holds perfect temp and a very nice incubation setup up but, I made the bone head move of placing my jars, (actually the are half pint Ziploc brand plastic containers w/ screw on lids) in before running a thorough temp check. The day my jars went in it was right at 80F but through the evening it rose to 90F and was not noticed until morning!! Did I kill my spores??.. Just wanted some input on the max temp range for spore survival and any input on my choice of jars.

--------------------
:sun:When I woke up today I couldn't remember yesterday, which is funny, 'cause when I woke up yesterday I couldn't see today.:grin:Madsplatters Grow journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetpihkal
Male

Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: A few questions on spore limits!?! [Re: madsplatter]
    #9804208 - 02/15/09 07:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You don't have to incubate the jars while they're colonizing, room temp is fine.  You should be fine but I'd take them out and just wait to see what happens.  Stabilize that FC before you put your colonized cakes in though, check for a steady temp and humidity, let it run for a few days to make sure everything is fine.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A few questions on spore limits!?! (moved) [Re: madsplatter]
    #9804223 - 02/15/09 07:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from The Pub.

Reason:
spore are pretty resilient, I've had them germinate after storage in temps that went to at least 105F and down below freezing, about 5 years of storage

Offlinemadsplatter
Expirmentational
Male

Re: A few questions on spore limits!?! (moved) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9804253 - 02/15/09 07:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I did a nice two week dry test for temp control on the FT, then I put my humidifier to work to check humidity and temp variance.  It has held a exactly 68F and 95%RH that seems to be sufficiant according to most post I have read.  The reason I chose to incubate a 80F is to Speed mycellium growth and once removed hopefully they will require no cold shocking.  Thanks for the info though.

--------------------
:sun:When I woke up today I couldn't remember yesterday, which is funny, 'cause when I woke up yesterday I couldn't see today.:grin:Madsplatters Grow journal

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: A few questions on spore limits!?! (moved) [Re: madsplatter]
    #9804301 - 02/15/09 07:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It sounds like you have a lot of reading to do.  You also need to let us know what species you're growing to get any accurate info.  If it's cubensis, they don't require a cold shock.  Colonize your jars at normal room temperature.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinemadsplatter
Expirmentational
Male

Re: A few questions on spore limits!?! (moved) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9826539 - 02/19/09 01:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Okay RR, I completely understand that jars are capable of colonizing at room temp.  I am also very aware, after several days of research, that they culture faster and stronger at slightly elevated temps.  This was my intention.  The strain is Burma from sporeworks.  The substrate is straight from PF tek videos you posted in your beta thread.  You have unknowingly been one of my main guides through this, amazing process.  I started a new grow journal check it out and throw in any advice you have.  I am aware that cold shocking is somewhat out dated, and at the risk of sounding argumentative, I only made mention of it because it seems to me that the general consensus is that , good spores + strong sterile techniques + dark warm temps = mycellium growth.  After full colonization the mycell needs a small amount of time to seat deeply in the substrate and form pins, which to my understanding is best achieved with FAE and some temp reduction.  True or False?  Please, now that you know I have been studying your work maybe you can mentor me some and I will do my best not to ask any silly questions.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract