Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineatlas
always listening
Male

Fed and the Economy
    #9826458 - 02/19/09 03:11 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I am not an economic intellect, so my views are an arrangement of my mind trying to grasp the complexity of economics and how the system works.  Ron Paul seems to make a lot of sense to me but when I try and speak with others that don't agree my lack of understanding inhibits my ability to link ideas/thoughts with present time issues.
    For the sake of conversational direction let's just take the view that Ron Paul and others are correct and the Federal reserve is illegal and should be demolished.  How do we as citizens go about getting this accomplished.  How do we get others to have an open mind to the idea that the entire federal monetary infrastructure is wrong. To those that see this, how do we unite and accomplish a task that seems so incredibly impossible.  The general public seems to be placing Ron Paul in the crazy bin right along with Ralph Nader.  Ron stand alone in WA DC and the general public stands behind this man Obama so proudly, why him, why not Ron Paul.  Do you think Obama truly believes this stimulus package is the right choice for the people or is he paying for the campaign contributions now?  Do you think his mind ever contemplated Ron Paul's theories and decided they were wrong?

One last thing, if everything plays out like I believe is strongly possible the value of US currency is going to be destroyed.  In believing this what should one do with the income earned from now until that point, what can we invest in that wont lose value?  I don't wont to be sitting on green backs and have them go worthless.
PS.    Another thought does Ron Paul pay his taxes and if so why.
  What are your thoughts??

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Fed and the Economy [Re: atlas]
    #9826572 - 02/19/09 03:35 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I am not an economic intellect, so my views are an arrangement of my mind trying to grasp the complexity of economics and how the system works.  Ron Paul seems to make a lot of sense to me but when I try and speak with others that don't agree my lack of understanding inhibits my ability to link ideas/thoughts with present time issues.
    For the sake of conversational direction let's just take the view that Ron Paul and others are correct and the Federal reserve is illegal and should be demolished. How do we as citizens go about getting this accomplished.

Well if your so naive about economics (and you are btw) what makes you think you would understand the answer I would give you?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Fed and the Economy [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9826620 - 02/19/09 03:43 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
Quote:

For the sake of conversational direction let's just take the view that Ron Paul and others are correct and the Federal reserve is illegal and should be demolished. How do we as citizens go about getting this accomplished.

Well if your so naive about economics (and you are btw) what makes you think you would understand the answer I would give you?

IMO everyone (including me) is naive about economics!

the more i learn about economics the less i understand...

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Fed and the Economy [Re: atlas]
    #9826736 - 02/19/09 04:08 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

atlas said:

How do we as citizens go about getting this accomplished.  How do we get others to have an open mind to the idea that the entire federal monetary infrastructure is wrong. To those that see this, how do we unite and accomplish a task that seems so incredibly impossible. 

They Stole My Country says:
Yesterday, 12:56:20 AM
“Everyone should get out of the market and pull their money out of everything NOW. Punish them. Give them nothing. They aren't just feeding on our country, they are stealing it, STEALING EVERYTHING.

If everything is collapsing any way, what does it matter?

LET IT FALL
WE WITHDRAW

Come on, they want a war, lets give them one.

Tax Rebellion
Withdraw all funds from the banks you can.
Withdraw from all the investments you possibly can.
Buy PMs.

DO YOU GET IT YET!!!!
We got this, if we just do it.
No violence necessary unless they put guns to our heads to use their nationalized banks.

Save the free market.
Save our country.
When is enough, enough???

LET IT FALL
WE WITHDRAW

http://2cents.dailyreckoning.com/viewtopic.php?t=44658

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion