Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecdnshroom
Music Will Set Us Free

Question regarding humidity
    #9818634 - 02/18/09 07:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hello,
I am currently building my fruiting chamber and is going to be in a spot where the temperture is cool. So i am doing the buck in bucket methoed and a fish tank heater. Now i understand the perlite is for humidity. But i was thinking just putting like 4 bubblers in the water thats used to heat the chamber, and using that for humidity eliminating the need for the messy perlite.
Anyone see a problem with this???

--------------------
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
I'm a full-fledged music junkie......rehab is not an option.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiskinbash
Male

Re: Question regarding humidity [Re: cdnshroom]
    #9818711 - 02/18/09 08:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

how cold is cool? Also, how would the humidity go from the outside bucket where the water is bubbling into the inside bucket where your mushrooms will be fruiting? perlite really is simple and if you only have one chamber it would be one of the most effective routes you could take for humidity.

--------------------
*iskinbash is merely a fictional character placed in a real life environment.

Offlinecdnshroom
Music Will Set Us Free

Re: Question regarding humidity [Re: iskinbash]
    #9818937 - 02/18/09 09:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iskinbash said:
how cold is cool? Also, how would the humidity go from the outside bucket where the water is bubbling into the inside bucket where your mushrooms will be fruiting? perlite really is simple and if you only have one chamber it would be one of the most effective routes you could take for humidity.

well its a smaller bucket in a larger bucket with no lid on the small one, just on the big one, so the water would evavporate into the air. and cool is like 60-65. I just dont feel like changing the perlite everytime, it gets gross doesnt it?

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9818984 - 02/18/09 09:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You don't want to heat your fruiting chamber.  You'll lose all your humidity by turning it into condensation on the walls.  You need to make a normal terrarium, and if necessary, heat the area the terrarium is in with a small space heater.  In addition, don't focus on humidity to the exclusion of fresh air, which is the number one pinning trigger.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineiskinbash
Male

#9818993 - 02/18/09 09:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It only gets gross if you have contams and they grow in the perlite. It is messy though. Your humidity setup might work alright. Ive also read about people putting a fishtank heater in a mason jar of water, and that seems to produce a large amount of humidity. A space heater is also a very good way to up the temp in your grow space.

--------------------
*iskinbash is merely a fictional character placed in a real life environment.

Offlinecdnshroom
Music Will Set Us Free

Re: Question regarding humidity [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9826098 - 02/19/09 12:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
You don't want to heat your fruiting chamber.  You'll lose all your humidity by turning it into condensation on the walls.  You need to make a normal terrarium, and if necessary, heat the area the terrarium is in with a small space heater.  In addition, don't focus on humidity to the exclusion of fresh air, which is the number one pinning trigger.
RR

so your saying if i heat the fruiting chamber its just going to condensate on the walls and not humidify the air, and i do have air running into it, there is a filtered fan then dryer hose sealed to fan then into chamber which runs for five mins every hour. FRESH AIR!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom