Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: math
    #98231 - 11/16/99 03:53 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes I like going to class high on weed. If you've never tried this, you should. It's very funny. Everything makes you laugh because everyone is so serious and you're sitting there high as a kite. Then, all the complex material the teacher presents sounds like it's from another language because you have no clue what he/she is talking about. I've only done this once or twice but it's fun to do. Driving a car on weed is another experience in and of itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewalrus
journeyman
    #98233 - 11/16/99 06:03 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I find that I can understand complex mathematic/philosophical/metaphysical/etc concepts better while high. That is if I can keep my attention focused on what the prof is saying. It is pretty tough not to let your mind wander while high in class.

------------------
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #98234 - 11/16/99 09:42 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I can't program as easily while stoned. But I can find bugs. One time I spent hours looking for a little bug in some code... smoked a few bowls and it jumped right out at me. I guess it just got me looking at it in a different way.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBenny
    #98235 - 11/21/99 12:33 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know but I'm thinking about beeing high the last day in school before X-mas...

------------------
Peace | Freedom | Love

Anonymous

#98236 - 11/21/99 04:18 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I tried some funny shit last night. i ate an eigth of shrooms, then tried to take this iq test. boy was it rough. took me forever. but suprisingly i didnt do all that bad, well on the other hand i didnt do all that good either.
shifty

Anonymous

#98237 - 11/23/99 08:01 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

going to school high can be fun but most of the time it gets boring. On halloween i smoked 4 times during school it was the best. the seniors including me all dressed up and ran amuck in the school.

Anonymous

#98238 - 11/23/99 08:12 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with walrus. Complex ideas are easier to understand while high, but it is very easy for you to loose your attention on them.

------------------
There's no telling what we'll do when were free

Anonymous

#98240 - 11/25/99 12:10 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Why go to high school when you can go to school high????? I used to go to school high a lot, i cut back now though cause i wanna get into college someday. but i actually did better on tests and quizes while high. go figure

OfflineViolent-J
addict

#98241 - 11/25/99 12:14 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Math is definatly my worst subject....
I have a tendancy to get high pretty much every day and pretty much before every class, and I can ususally pay attention and maybe even get into the conversations, but when it comes to my geometry class I sit there and draw or write flows.... I have no spent more then a real hours worth of attention in that class this whole year.

--------------------
------------------------
"Oh Shinon, you crazy diamond!" -- Mr. Burns

Anonymous

#98242 - 11/25/99 08:25 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

ya math or programming would be pretty fucking ahrd. Personally I like to blaze a spliff before gym class. Dodge ball has never been so much fun!

Anonymous

#98243 - 11/26/99 10:05 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I dropped some acid and went to art class. holy shit.
-dark

------------------
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Anonymous

#98244 - 11/29/99 10:22 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

heh heh I can just see some dude at Microsoft programming stuff, real important stuff, lighting a bowl, sitting back, and going, 'oh yeah I must have been trying to reference uninitialized memory, good thing I caught that.'

MS campus is cool for tripping latenight, though. Gorgeous greenery, lots of space, and no cops. Really, none, ever.

Smoking before school doesn't work for me, either. That was a long time ago, but bad idea..

------------------
The glass is half real.

OfflineHatta
GodlessAnarchist

#98245 - 11/28/99 10:29 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, doing math would be pretty hard. I can never remember to carry the 1 as it is. :smile:
But more esoteric things like number theory, set theory, and topology it's great. I don't know if it really helps, but it makes it a lot more fun!

Anyone interested in this sort of stuff read "Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" It's fucking incredible. Mind blowing exploration of pattern, recursion, self-reference, "tangled hierarchies", and "strange loops" touching on math, art, music, biology, cognitive science, and so on.
-Mad Hatter

p.s. Full title is:
"Godel Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
A metaphorical fugue on mind and machines in the spirit of Lewis Carrol" by Douglas R. Hofstadter.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands
    #98246 - 11/28/99 10:59 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty much every script I wrote for the Shroomery I did under the influence of something or other.

------------------

[ythan@shroomery.org]
Founder of The Shroomery

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #98247 - 11/29/99 11:34 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I tried going to my Java-programing class while high as hell on weed..
I didnt understand shit..
But the whole fucking room was spinning aswell so i had a kinda of a hard time concentrating.. :biggrin:

(Since we have internet in our school i ended up at www.acidtrip.com and just sat and stared at it for the whole lesson :smile: )

OfflineThe Brain
journeyman
    #98248 - 11/29/99 12:08 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Last time I tripped, I started studying for a Calc. test. The wierd thing is that I was just so happy to be reading that freakin book.

I took a quiz in a microprocessor class stoned off my ass. It was the only A I made in that class.

Anonymous

#98249 - 11/30/99 02:31 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

personally i think its a dumb idea because i'm failing math, also, i think nath is the last thing i would be doing while i am high, tripping, or anything else

Anonymous

#98250 - 12/02/99 12:55 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

wait till you know that your next class is going to be just watching some video and get high beforehand. you'll laugh your ass off

------------------
reality is a joke

Anonymous

#98251 - 12/02/99 01:27 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I was a lousy student in high school. Then second semester of Freshman year at college, I discovered weed. My GPA jumped from first semester's 1.9 to a 3.5. I attribute most of this success to bud. Nothing makes my daily history classes more interesting than a few rips off my two foot bong. And I'll be damned if my essays aren't much improved...that is, if I can work up the motivation to sit down and write an essay...Usually I opt for cool boarders 3 and more weed.

I also like to get really high and watch Pi...that is a kickass movie. That scene where Max Cohen explains the fibonacci sequence and the golden spiral is fucking amazing. Several times while stoned, I've gone searching for that 216 digit number. Someday, someday, I just might find the bastard.

Anonymous

#98252 - 12/02/99 01:28 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I was a lousy student in high school. Then second semester of Freshman year at college, I discovered weed. My GPA jumped from first semester's 1.9 to a 3.5. I attribute most of this success to bud. Nothing makes my daily history classes more interesting than a few rips off my two foot bong. And I'll be damned if my essays aren't much improved...that is, if I can work up the motivation to sit down and write an essay...Usually I opt for cool boarders 3 and more weed.

I also like to get really high and watch Pi...that is a kickass movie. That scene where Max Cohen explains the fibonacci sequence and the golden spiral is fucking amazing. Several times while stoned, I've gone searching for that 216 digit number. Someday, someday, I just might find the bastard.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order