Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

How aware of time are you?
    #9820951 - 02/18/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm going dumb because it always almost takes me a minute of thinking until I know what day of the week is.

Other times I get so confused because it seems like weeks go by so fast but then at the same time it feels as if the week before it was a whole different century in time.

Then all the time when people ask me my age I don't know how to respond. I forget how old I am and saying 21 just doesn't seem accurate for some reason. This doesn't help when I'm trying to buy adult-y things.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9820961 - 02/18/09 04:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know what you mean. I still feel like I am living in my younger years and the years are just randomly flying by, it's really weird. everything is fast and extremely slow at the same time. Maybe we just smoke too much marijuana.  When I think of the year 2009, I can still remember the feeling of being in the year 2000. It's really weird :sunny:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #9820963 - 02/18/09 04:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If I sit and think to myself, "What time is it right now?"  I'm usually + or - 2 minutes.  I just have a natural sense of time and it SUCKS when I'm working because minutes turn to hours.

Direction on the other hand...I'm like a female...:rofl:

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#9820987 - 02/18/09 04:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i get this occasionaly, its not all the time, but just for brief moments of confusion. i've been away from most substances other than alcohol and tobacco for a while and have noticed it happens alot less often. especially psychedelics made time meaningless for me, but pot also affected it quite a bit. for me opiates didn't affect it as much, and i've just barely dabbled into uppers and benzos at this point in my life so i can't say. also times of poor nutrition or lack of sleep and general unhealthiness sometimes make this occur more for me, but sometimes its the opposite too. :shrug:

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: skatealex2]
    #9821001 - 02/18/09 04:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
I know what you mean. I still feel like I am living in my younger years and the years are just randomly flying by, it's really weird. everything is fast and extremely slow at the same time. Maybe we just smoke too much marijuana.  When I think of the year 2009, I can still remember the feeling of being in the year 2000. It's really weird :sunny:

i feel like this too very much

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: psilyguy]
    #9821027 - 02/18/09 04:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilyguy said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

i feel like this too very much

It's a fucking trip. Another example of this is that I feel like everything new that happens is kind of fake. Even when I watch tv shows sometimes I feel that the show is still the same as when it started even though there are new characters or the character roles are completely different-not all the time but I felt this way when I watched The Wire (amazing show btw).  I also feel like with my family sometimes or friendships, but even with this weird thought process, I still make sure to try my best to live in the moment, usually when I am high that help's me do just that :sun:

OfflineDrunken_Jester
Resident Opiphille
Male

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #9821035 - 02/18/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I generally have been getting better at knowing exactly what day year and month we're in since I have a 30-day mini calander on my cell phone screen along with the year, time and day.

A weird thing I've been doing lately though is when I watch TV I look at the info of the show and obsessively look at the year it aired (i.e. "Family Guy (2005) Original air date so and so) and I think real hard of what I was doing that year and month , sometimes I remember other times it's hard and can only estimate...especially for 2000-2002 shows, my peak stoner years.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: Drunken_Jester]
    #9821059 - 02/18/09 04:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah and I NEVER know if I took my pills (supplements) or not.

--------------------

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9821079 - 02/18/09 04:24 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Cool post Pyro. 

I know my answer might sound pretty far out there, but I've been trying to re-orient myself with time itself and the nature of it.  Aside from clocks, through experience I've come to feel time and its connection to the universe, which behind my closed eyes feels like this ever-moving multidimensional holographic fractal, with time being this entropic integral force of it.

I used to have this linear version of time, but now I think it just folds onto itself.  Also, I feel our awareness of using time and spending time is flawed, and really we just span time over constant fluctuation, and my awareness of that is far more satisfying than thinking of time in concrete terms.  I find myself becoming very aware of time but in a non-traditional sense.

--------------------
When it rains, it spores :shroompick:

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: jazzillion]
    #9821142 - 02/18/09 04:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Time is such an interesting aspect of the universe. Its always amazed me how time never seems to move forward in a uniform pattern because it all depends on your situation in relation to time. Its the old "times moves by when you're having fun". Even though its such a simple concept it fascinates me. I'll be at work sometimes and I will literally feel as though time has stopped, what seems like half an hour has gone by has been under 5 minutes or so. Its wacky.

More importantly I feel that I've always had a "feel" for time, what I mean by this is that if I think of a memory in my head I can "feel" that time as if I were walking right through it. Likewise if I think about the future I can "feel" dates that have yet to happen. Its similar to an emotion, but I would say its parallel to the lines of emotion if that makes any sense.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Loc: Washington
    #9821153 - 02/18/09 04:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I feel that way a lot. Especially about the age thing. I've always felt much older than I really am. When I actually think about my real age I can't even comprehend that I'm so young. I feel like I know so much more than the other people my age around me.

And time has been moving oddly lately. Sometimes I'll wake up and feel like the night before was a month ago. Other times it feels like something that happened last month was just yesterday.
I kind of get that weird sense of time for a few days after I do any kind of drug.

--------------------

OfflinePoopSoap
Genetically Modified Organism

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: alternatereality]
    #9821202 - 02/18/09 04:41 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i cant believe im gonna be 20 in a few months i can still remember when i got my license and did burnouts in my moms car when i was 16. i miss the good old days when ren and stimpy was still good and not having to wake up and go to a dead end job. everytime i look back on my teen years i feel a sense of sadness because i know they are gone and its time to grow up but im afraid to because i dont want to let go of those days. everything is so different now. everyone is too busy to hangout, friends are having kids and getting married. WTF i remember sneaking out at night to go ride bmx with these guys now they are planning on getting married. i cant believe 9/11 was 8 years ago. i regret wishing i could be older when i was a kid those were the best days ever

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: PoopSoap]
    #9821214 - 02/18/09 04:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I miss Ren and Stimpy.

--------------------

OfflinePoopSoap

#9821231 - 02/18/09 04:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

do you remember when they remade ren and stimpy on spike tv? i was so stoked to see it and it turned out to be horrible

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: PoopSoap]
    #9821232 - 02/18/09 04:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Teen years are the best!  I still live like a teen in a sense but I keep my priorities straight (college and all that shit), which I def didn't do in my teen years.  Being a teen was euphoric though, I almost wish I can go back in time but it will be nice to become independent and be on my own

****Teen drama can be kind of lame tho, happy I am over that, haha

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#9821235 - 02/18/09 04:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I miss all of THIS SHIT!

OfflinePoopSoap

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: Newbie]
    #9821246 - 02/18/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
I miss all of THIS SHIT!

i know man this is what i grew up on. stick stickley and all that good stuff

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

#9821255 - 02/18/09 04:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Oh my god, hell yes.
What happened to all the good shows?

Cartoons suck now.

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#9821264 - 02/18/09 04:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

They're gone forever.  :frown:

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

#9821281 - 02/18/09 04:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This is depressing.

Spongebob and shit like that makes me want to stab my eyes out.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821298 - 02/18/09 04:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I miss old school Simpsons. that show needs a serious reboot.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

#9821329 - 02/18/09 04:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't wanna derail Pyro's thread.  :frown:  No more old school stuff.  Take it to the old school thread.

Sorry PB. lol

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9821359 - 02/18/09 05:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Nah I miss the old school stuff! Don't worry about it.

Listening to the Pete and Pete theme nearly brings a tear to my eye everytime. Same with Are you Afraid of the Dark?

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821362 - 02/18/09 05:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Word.  I think a possible reason so many of us feel weird about time is because of the drug's we take, even if it is just smoking the ganja.

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

#9821372 - 02/18/09 05:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I always feel weird about time after smoking bud.

--------------------

InvisibleArtVandaley
Stranger

#9821447 - 02/18/09 05:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I used to have this linear version of time, but now I think it just folds onto itself.  Also, I feel our awareness of using time and spending time is flawed, and really we just span time over constant fluctuation, and my awareness of that is far more satisfying than thinking of time in concrete terms.  I find myself becoming very aware of time but in a non-traditional sense.

:yesnod:
Proverbial nail on the head:thumbup:

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#9821552 - 02/18/09 05:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i don't believe time exists, but i am aware of its passing.

Offlinealternatereality
Explorer
Female

Re: How aware of time are you? [Re: druqs]
    #9821563 - 02/18/09 05:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. Exactly.

After I smoke, I can't even comprehend the fact that eventually it will be the next day, or that at some point the sun will rise, or that in not too long I'll be asleep...

yet I know that it will happen. And when it does, it seems like it only took a second.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821638 - 02/18/09 05:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When I am high late at night my mind doesn't comprehend time, I actually end up staying up way later than I should on days I have college the next day when I am. Being high can be too much fun sometimes. But as long as I get at least 5-6 hours of sleep I usually am fine.  I am sure those of you who smoke sativa late night know what I mean :mushroom2:

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

#9821649 - 02/18/09 05:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Time you say?  Let me check my calendar...

--------------------

"Consciousness is the Universe recognizing itself." Once we perceive that everything is conscious we can then ask, "How does consciousness take all these varied forms?" - The Primacy of Consciousness by Peter Russell

All works of poster are of absolute fiction to be used for no other purpose but amusement.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821800 - 02/18/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jazzillion said:
Time you say?  Let me check my calendar...

They use that calendar in my college

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

#9821870 - 02/18/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That's pretty cool SkateAlex.  How do they use it?  Just have it up or actually schedule around it.

BTW, that's the Mayan calendar the Tzolkin, which is the most notable one founded on cosmic frequency.  There is a group called 13moon (13moon.com) who contend our Gregorian calendar is rigid and unnatural, and calls for a more natural cosmic calendar.  If you think about it, our time and our calendar dictates everything we do and our awareness of time, so it only makes sense to have one in-sync with natural patterns.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821881 - 02/18/09 06:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jazzillion said:
That's pretty cool SkateAlex.  How do they use it?  Just have it up or actually schedule around it.

BTW, that's the Mayan calendar the Tzolkin, which is the most notable one founded on cosmic frequency.  There is a group called 13moon (13moon.com) who contend our Gregorian calendar is rigid and unnatural, and calls for a more natural cosmic calendar.  If you think about it, our time and our calendar dictates everything we do and our awareness of time, so it only makes sense to have one in-sync with natural patterns.

Sorry,  I was making a joke cause I was high. Didn't know it was the real deal. That is cool. :mushroom2:

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#9821910 - 02/18/09 07:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

nearly oblivious

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinejazzillion
Conscious
Male User Gallery

#9821911 - 02/18/09 07:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol comedy and sarcasm falls so flat on the internet.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9821914 - 02/18/09 07:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jazzillion said:
lol comedy and sarcasm falls so flat on the internet.

haha yea. when I am high i judge what I read by what my mood is, so I thought that calender was a joke

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order