Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehappyhardcore22
Child Of Nature and Stars
Male

I have a theory
    #9819190 - 02/18/09 10:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What if This world isnt made up of just one dimension but billions upon billions, too many to count. What if a dimension is created for every action you didnt take every oppourtunity that you missed that in another reality you couldve been living in. I think we dont just stay in one dimension, I think we constantly drift through dimensions of reality like a leaf swirling around a gigantic pool. We always manage to drift toward the center, but what if we found ourselves suddenly on the outer edge of the pool what would we do then? Have you ever walked by something or noticed something missing an object or maybe the color of a sign you manage to see but ignore everyday of your life, yet one day it seems different, feels different. Maybe it was a different color than what you *thought* it was. Our mind reasons its always been this color, because if we knew that we were no longer in the reality we started in when we work up, exactly what would happen. What happens to a being capable of higher thought when they discover they are no longer the biggest and the best but are actually insignificant, We are all just evolved forms of bacteria in a much larger beings environment.

--------------------
You haven't seen the bottom..

until your six feet underneath it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: I have a theory [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819287 - 02/18/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've thought about that too. I sure hope not though. Wouldn't that mean that everything that could possibly exist, DOES exist in some alternate dimension? Creepy. In some other dimension, you're being forced by a race of fascist reptilian overlords to watch reruns of reality TV all day.

--------------------

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: I have a theory [Re: sorahtak]
    #9819324 - 02/18/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

so what...that doesn't mean you have to venture over into that reality and experience it  :shake:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Offlinehappyhardcore22
Male

sometimes... [Re: Muppet]
    #9819364 - 02/18/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes we dont choose to venture,  sometimes we are put there by a who or a what. Remember even the wind can lift that tiny leaf.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: sometimes... [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819395 - 02/18/09 11:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thats already an established theory.

I think its called string theory.  Theres many varients.

Offlinehappyhardcore22
Male

no need [Re: Ego Death]
    #9819430 - 02/18/09 11:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No need to be touchy mr 7000+ posts. This thought is completley new to me.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: no need [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819468 - 02/18/09 11:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

In an alternate dimension, I have 7000 posts.

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: sometimes... [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819491 - 02/18/09 11:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The pool is infinite; there is no edge. The whole notion of a pool implies that there is some kind of a container for these 'dimensions' meaning that they are part of something bigger, which I would call this realm, aka the plane which everything exists in, or the dimension of existence(?).

Implying that each action which could have happened has its own tree of events (and then labelling these events as separate dimensions) is irrelevant, because these actions did not and will not ever happen. If you want to conceptualize it in this manner, the way I see it is that life is a line, there are no forks in the road because the option you don't choose is completely irrelevant to anything ("what's done is done").

I think the segregation of things into smaller or separate parts is one of the fundamental fallacies of science, after all we're trying to comprehend the way the whole system (universe) works. I don't believe that quarks and leptons are the end of the line for particle physics, my views tend towards infinite permutations, like that seen in a fractal and that once this is realized there would be no need for separate physics for the macro (i.e. classical or Newtonian physics) and separate physics for the micro (i.e. modern or quantum physics), as the micro defines the macro (and vice versa).

Its funny, the deeper I study these things, the more I struggle to accept the fundamental notions of physics. Yes, I'm aware of the empirical evidence which suggests the currently accepted theories are true, but to me it seems like they're fitting a square block through a circle block's hole :shrug:.

</rant>

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: sometimes... [Re: Ego Death]
    #9819513 - 02/18/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Superstring theory is an attempt to explain all of the particles and fundamental forces of nature in one theory by modelling them as vibrations of tiny supersymmetric strings. It is considered one of the most promising candidate theories of quantum gravity

The deepest problem in theoretical physics is harmonizing the theory of general relativity, which describes gravitation and applies to large-scale structures (stars, galaxies, super clusters), with quantum mechanics, which describes the other three fundamental forces acting on the atomic scale.

The development of a quantum field theory of a force invariably results in infinite (and therefore useless) probabilities. Physicists have developed mathematical techniques (renormalization) to eliminate these infinities which work for three of the four fundamental forces – electromagnetic, strong nuclear and weak nuclear forces - but not for gravity. The development of a quantum theory of gravity must therefore come about by different means than those used for the other forces.

Basic idea

The basic idea is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of the Planck length (about 10−33 cm) which vibrate at resonant frequencies. Every string in theory has a unique resonance, or harmonic. Different harmonics determine different fundamental forces. The tension in a string is on the order of the Planck force (1044 newtons). The graviton (the proposed messenger particle of the gravitational force), for example, is predicted by the theory to be a string with wave amplitude zero. Another key insight provided by the theory is that no measurable differences can be detected between strings that wrap around dimensions smaller than themselves and those that move along larger dimensions (i.e., effects in a dimension of size R equal those whose size is 1/R). Singularities are avoided because the observed consequences of "Big Crunches" never reach zero size. In fact, should the universe begin a "big crunch" sort of process, string theory dictates that the universe could never be smaller than the size of a string, at which point it would actually begin expanding.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinehappyhardcore22
Male

hmm [Re: Cepheus]
    #9819533 - 02/18/09 11:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

We seem to differ in opinion, I am not a fan of the linearity of your theory, The fact is I believe that this universe is plenty big enough to hold all of the billions and trillions of realties created every second. I dont believe "whats done is done". To say sir, that something "cannot or will not ever happen" Is not only short sighted but it takes away from the bigger picture. The fact is as well that no matter how many theories we have science has still yet to grasp the true fundamentals of this world. Just because we have laws of physics made by a man hundreds of years ago with little or no technology available to him doesnt make it right, it just means we just havent known any better since then. Maybe there is an alternate way, maybe there are more possibilites than just a straight line from point a to point b with no fork in between.

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: hmm [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819598 - 02/18/09 12:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My statements are based on observation :shrug:. Once time has passed there is no way to ever go back and change that time (without time travel, which seems intrinsicly flawed imo).

The laws of physics are empirical; they're based on scientific observation and most of them are pretty much just common sense. To discard science as something some guy come up with hundreds of years ago is ridiculous. Theories are based on observation. The theories themselves may be flawed, but they are the best which we (the human race) currently have to offer.

I agree that anything is possible, but I tend to favour which ever viewpoint has the most valid (which is completely subjective) empirical evidence behind it.

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: hmm [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9819653 - 02/18/09 12:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The fact is as well that no matter how many theories we have science has still yet to grasp the true fundamentals of this world.

Very true, and I wonder whether it ever will be able to. The nature of our conscious observance of the universe would make it something of a paradox for us to be able to truly understand it.

--------------------

OfflineErocdar
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kelowna, BC, Canada.
Re: hmm [Re: sorahtak]
    #9819776 - 02/18/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've been reading this book on and off called How Consciousness Creates the Material World by Amit Goswami. It talks a bit about the other realities your alternate actions could take place in, using the schrodinger cat as an example. If the cat is alive in this reality, than it is dead in another and vise versa. Its a good book. I recommend it.

--------------------
"The mind is wandering by nature because it is progressive under the impulse of evolution induced by the cosmic intelligence responsible for the creation and evolution of everything"

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: hmm [Re: sorahtak]
    #9819777 - 02/18/09 12:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

its called string theory. its been posted about many times here. heres a video explaining it.

OfflineTedwilto
Veni, vidi, vici
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunny Afternoon in
Re: hmm [Re: Platinum]
    #9820011 - 02/18/09 01:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

was just about to post that.

--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:

Song of the week list in journal.

Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: Treasure Coast
Re: hmm [Re: Tedwilto]
    #9820138 - 02/18/09 01:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I believe the Merry Pranksters in the 60's has a painter bus with the front reading Forward because there is only one direction in this universe and that is forward in time and space.

--------------------
Everything I say is a work of Fiction and should not be taken seriously

Offlinesirdonut
riding the cosmic giggle
 User Gallery

Re: hmm [Re: Erocdar]
    #9820438 - 02/18/09 02:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Erocdar said:
I've been reading this book on and off called How Consciousness Creates the Material World by Amit Goswami. It talks a bit about the other realities your alternate actions could take place in, using the schrodinger cat as an example. If the cat is alive in this reality, than it is dead in another and vise versa. Its a good book. I recommend it.

sounds cool, I will give it a look.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: no need [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9821311 - 02/18/09 04:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

happyhardcore22 said:
No need to be touchy mr 7000+ posts. This thought is completley new to me.

LOL, I'm stating fact.  I did not intend to imply any emotion.  "touchy" is part of your perception of the words posted, not my intention.

Don't feel bad though.  I've assumed emotion from many impartial statements made on message boards before.

Nice dis about "7000" it does worry me myself sometimes that the ego has run away with itself but it all fun in this crazy life.  I enjoy posting here and learning from other people.

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: no need [Re: Ego Death]
    #9821328 - 02/18/09 04:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl:

--------------------

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: I have a theory [Re: happyhardcore22]
    #9821341 - 02/18/09 04:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

happyhardcore22 said:
What if This world isnt made up of just one dimension but billions upon billions, too many to count. What if a dimension is created for every action you didnt take every oppourtunity that you missed that in another reality you couldve been living in. I think we dont just stay in one dimension, I think we constantly drift through dimensions of reality like a leaf swirling around a gigantic pool. We always manage to drift toward the center, but what if we found ourselves suddenly on the outer edge of the pool what would we do then? Have you ever walked by something or noticed something missing an object or maybe the color of a sign you manage to see but ignore everyday of your life, yet one day it seems different, feels different. Maybe it was a different color than what you *thought* it was. Our mind reasons its always been this color, because if we knew that we were no longer in the reality we started in when we work up, exactly what would happen. What happens to a being capable of higher thought when they discover they are no longer the biggest and the best but are actually insignificant, We are all just evolved forms of bacteria in a much larger beings environment.

sorry i didn't really read that because i have to go to dinner. i am trying to pry myself off this website and get ready...but i did notice your new sig. what is it!? i like it in a creepy kind of way.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder