Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
Re: PF Classic refusing to fruit on Rye [Re: HunterThomson]
    #996501 - 10/27/02 11:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah... rye is just worthless? what makes you say that? it seems to work well for lots of people; my cat included.

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: PF Classic refusing to fruit on Rye [Re: cujo7999]
    #999091 - 10/28/02 04:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ive read somewhere that PF has the original prints or stock cultures of the pf classic - these would ideal for reinvigorating these little fat-arses.
BRF is utter crap - rye is better and millet is SOOOOOOOO much better than any other cubensis substrate. I cant even feel the effects of 4.5 grams of cubies grown on brf - on millet it was ideal.

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: PF Classic refusing to fruit on Rye [Re: Lana]
    #999118 - 10/28/02 04:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

From how I understand it ...
After growing something on the same substrate generation after generation it's ability to synthesize many enzymes begins to diminish and in some cases can be completely lost.  After all if it encounters the same substrate again and again then it would be wasteful to continue to produce multiple enzymes (pricey to produce metabolically).  And it wouldn't offer any competitive advantagein this case, since it wouldn't have to produce outside of the originally dictated environment, so it wouldn't be a trait that is being selected for.  The only trait that would be of utmost importance here would be the ability to digest the standard PF cake.
  So if PF bred this strain out over the course of several years and many generations then it does seem somewhat feasible that it have become selective to the degree it seems to exhibit.
  yes?no? weird science?  :wink: 

--------------------

Offlinevader
journeyman
Re: PF Classic refusing to fruit on Rye [Re: Gao]
    #999773 - 10/28/02 01:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've had great luck with the PF on straw and Dung cakes. It does colonize rye slow, but I have had success casing it. It took a while, but it produced a few large and huge fruits. There definately is some degeneration going on with the PF strain, it is evident by the very low (if any) spore production.

I also have tried and tried with grain cakes, but have not been able to get any strain to fruit off a grain cake. Until I tried this. After the grain cake is prepared (a cake, not a bunch of kernels) roll it around in some moist vermicilite so there is a tin layer over the whole cake. That will really make fruiting easier.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies