Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdrianPsy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: noobieshroomie] * 1
    #9806052 - 02/16/09 02:01 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quite useful. Cheers :smile:

--------------------

:mushroom2:    That's why I always recommend a psychedelic experience because it makes you realize that all you've learned is in fact just learned and not necessarily the truth. - Bill Hicks    :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushmetalMoron
Stranger
Need advice/please help [Re: Nibin] * 1
    #9814712 - 02/17/09 02:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone, new to this forum but very interested in learning. have recently started a grow and went through everything step-by-step using the pf tek method.

Trying for phys cubensis, at almost 9 days still showing no colonization or even any growth at all. Out of 4 jars, 1 has a small, white spot growing about 3/4 size of a dime.

Couple of questions: initially for the first 3 days, was only able to keep at a temp range between 67 and 75. As far as i know, should shoot for 75-81. However moved jars to a warmer location, now steady right around 78 but has been almost another 6 days in this temp.

How long should we expect to go before growth starting for keeping at a lower temp, or does it mess up the whole grow?

After steamong/boiling for 90 minutes, let cool for almost 2 hours, part of the time by fan, should i let them sit overnight before inoculation?

ALso, is it good to bake the verm before making the substrate? The verm is older, been sitting around a while, and i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Used verm, brown rice flour substrate. Recommend anything else for p c?

Also, is scotch tape over the holes the wrong tape, at first thats all we had and we picked up some medical tape. Would that have anything to do with no growth?

OfflineSyMaNtiCX66
INFIDEL
Male

Loc: South Lousianna
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: dead] * 1
    #9819158 - 02/18/09 10:23 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

WHOO!!! DONT know if you guys remeber me, but i took a few months off of the threads to do my own experiencing and learning.. after 4 attempts i have finally found my rythym.. i got nice fruit from a high yeild strain lc. finally!! so thanks for any of your help if you were around then, and ill be posting pics shortly. i used wbr cakes in 1/2 pint jars. i got small fruits,,but not too small,,and i got lots. i am going to step up to full quarts on my next and will be going through a SPONSER of this SHROOMERY to get some supplies, and mabey another lc. i would like to monotub the full quarts. i haven't tried the tech yet.

for this successfull grow,i have just picked from the wbr 1/2 pint cakes,
i used the wbr tech on this site to mix the appropriate amount of water and rice.
boiled in a pc for 1-2 hours,,
let cool overnight in box,,
used the oven rack tech for inoculation,
incubated in dark at 74f until full colonization
i then used a small, 1 gallon fish aquarium
strained hot water and half a cap of peroxide through
perlite
layered perlite about 3 inches thick at bottom of
aquarium.
dunked cake for a few minutes
placed it directly onto the perlite
placed small tube of water in the corner
placed small aquarium pump inside the water tube,
cut holes in top of plastic cover for ventalation,
covered the holes with poly fill,
sealed the edges of the cover,
and left alone,
checking only once every 2 days,
(i was sterile the whole time i handled anything
and sprayed any room the mushies would be in, with lysol first.)
i walked into my closet one morning and huala!!! there were 40 pins growing. 3 days later 20 pins were fully grown.
if i can do this, anyone can!!!!! lol..

questions for you guys:
how long will a mushy stay good when freeze dried??
is freezing a good idea?
thanks

--------------------
Just for A sEconD,, as i regAin foCus... aNd  everYthiNg arOund mE breatheS iN motiOn..with mY tiMe in a botTle,, a straNge vaCatIon,, her gigGles brEak throUgh anD suSpend aniMatIon......

SyMaNtIcx66...

Ghost Riderz!!!

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: SyMaNtiCX66] * 1
    #9819463 - 02/18/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i used the wbr tech on this site to mix the appropriate amount of water and rice.
perlite
aquarium.
and left alone,
i walked into my closet one morning and huala!!! there were 40 pins growing. 3 days later 20 pins were fully grown.

questions for you guys:
is freezing a good idea?
thanks

to answer your question, you dont freeze them to dry them.  once they are dry keep them in a plastic bag with a silica gel pack(like in beef jerky bags) and it should be good for years.

but as for your methods, all of it is out dated and their are better versions to use with  better results.

1)what is wbr?  do you mean brf or wbs?

2)if you have a PC you dont boil.  you PC @ 15lbs. for 60 min. or you steam in a pot for 90min.

3)oven tek has been deleated off shroomery for being flat out bad for anything.

4)incubating- the only thing that matters is temps. having it in the dark/light does nothing during colonization only fruiting.

5)you dont use peroxide w/perlite only cobweb mold.

6)dunking takes up to 24 hrs not a couple of minutes.

7)should have foil under your cake not directly on perlite.

8)you should have a shotgun FC with 5" of perlite and give FAE and misting when needed.

9)fish tanks arnt good for FAE neither are air pumps.

10)watch this video on the PF tek it sounds like what you were trying to accomplish

www.mushroomvideos.com ; all 4 parts of the PF tek. 

I use my cakes to crumble them in my monotub and mix with this tek. 

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=89994&F_Board=30&Thread=9289857&partnumber=&postmarker=

sounds like you doing alright though. keep up the learning and good luck.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Offlinedopper dry
I'D RATHER BE THE DEVIL
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: 13shrooms] * 1
    #9843466 - 02/22/09 12:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just eecenrly harvested my first flush......
about 160 gramms wet of b+. dried them with a fan and tried them.
the potency was disappointing as hell :frown:
off 3 dry gramms all i had was brighter colours.
however, i had been drinking and had also had a few ecstacy pills.
is this why they didn't work? or have i just done a bad job growing?

OfflineKantaris
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: dopper dry] * 1
    #9865519 - 02/25/09 08:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for this thread, I've gone over it a few times, but I think I need to check out some more stuff before I decide to get started

Offlinemushsucks
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Kantaris] * 1
    #9868867 - 02/26/09 11:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is very helpful. Thanks.

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: mushsucks] * 1
    #9874208 - 02/27/09 02:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

huh :cheers:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Offlineapg1387
Stranger
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: noobieshroomie] * 1
    #9890241 - 03/01/09 01:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a few noob questions for you guys. I've got about 6 mason jars almost fully colonized. I plan to fruit them in an aquarium. My questions are reguarding oxygen exchange, contamination, and temperature. I have a 5 gallon fish tank that I will be fruiting 6 cakes in, how often do I need to let fresh air in? I am going to cover the top with a peice of "press and seal" wrap and put a loose peice of plexi glass on top of that just incase. I have a fish tank pump too that I was thinking of using to help prevent contamnation, good idea or should I not even bother? I also have an aquarium heater I may use to get the heat and humidity exactly where I want them, I'm not sure if this is necessary since the state I live in doesn't get very cold anyways. So basically should I use the pump and/or heater, I know they would help but I'm kind of a noob and don't want to risk contamination putting foreign objects into the tank?

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: apg1387] * 1
    #9890303 - 03/01/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You will want to exchange the air in you're chamber a minimum of 4 times a day. More would be better!!! Also you'll want to mist you're cakes directly a couple times a day until you see pins. then mist around the sides. also you'll want to dunk and roll you're cakes before putting them in you're FC. you can use the aquarium pump to help fresh air enter you're aquarium but you don't want to trap the air inside!! use the search function and look at other peoples setups I have never used a glass aquarium before only the shotgun tek.. which is fairly cheap to set up look up that and PMP. to get some more ideas wish I could be of more help....

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineSyMaNtiCX66
INFIDEL
Male

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: 13shrooms] * 1
    #9909552 - 03/04/09 10:47 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

perlite
aquarium.
and left alone,

questions for you guys:
is freezing a good idea?
thanks

to answer your question, you dont freeze them to dry them.  once they are dry keep them in a plastic bag with a silica gel pack(like in beef jerky bags) and it should be good for years.

but as for your methods, all of it is out dated and their are better versions to use with  better results.

1)what is wbr?  do you mean brf or wbs?

2)if you have a PC you dont boil.  you PC @ 15lbs. for 60 min. or you steam in a pot for 90min.

3)oven tek has been deleated off shroomery for being flat out bad for anything.

4)incubating- the only thing that matters is temps. having it in the dark/light does nothing during colonization only fruiting.

5)you dont use peroxide w/perlite only cobweb mold.

6)dunking takes up to 24 hrs not a couple of minutes.

7)should have foil under your cake not directly on perlite.

8)you should have a shotgun FC with 5" of perlite and give FAE and misting when needed.

9)fish tanks arnt good for FAE neither are air pumps.

10)watch this video on the PF tek it sounds like what you were trying to accomplish

www.mushroomvideos.com ; all 4 parts of the PF tek. 

I use my cakes to crumble them in my monotub and mix with this tek. 

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=89994&F_Board=30&Thread=9289857&partnumber=&postmarker=

sounds like you doing alright though. keep up the learning and good luck.

wbr was meant to mean whole brown rice. sorry. still at noob level but did get a nice first fruit. the tek you have just provided and the info you just posted has helped tremendously. i cant wait to mono tub. the coir tek does seem pretty easy. thanks again. btw ill be incubating quart wbs jars this week for the tek you provided. ill let you know how it goes. one question, ill have 6 quart jars of wbs. when i mix the fully colon. wbs into the coir, will i mix in 5 quarts and then use the 6th for the frosting layer? or can i use 2 on coir and a the 3rd for top layer, so that i have two separate tubs to cut down on contam. the entire grow. Thanks for any help..... E
and what is a shotgun fc and where can i find? lol

--------------------
Just for A sEconD,, as i regAin foCus... aNd  everYthiNg arOund mE breatheS iN motiOn..with mY tiMe in a botTle,, a straNge vaCatIon,, her gigGles brEak throUgh anD suSpend aniMatIon......

SyMaNtIcx66...

Ghost Riderz!!!

Edited by SyMaNtiCX66 (03/04/09 10:48 AM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: SyMaNtiCX66] * 1
    #9909842 - 03/04/09 11:39 AM (15 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

ill be incubating quart wbs jars this week for the tek you provided. ill let you know how it goes. one question, ill have 6 quart jars of wbs. when i mix the fully colon. wbs into the coir, will i mix in 5 quarts and then use the 6th for the frosting layer? or can i use 2 on coir and a the 3rd for top layer, so that i have two separate tubs to cut down on contam. the entire grow. Thanks for any help..... E

Im doing the same just got my pressure cooker today, starting liquid cultures.  (for future reference try this once you get your grains down)  Grain LC  that way you have enough inoculation for whatever you want to try.:thumbup:

DONT! I REAPEAT DONT USE A FROSTING LAYER. thats bad info.  make sure you have enough substrate left to fully cover your spawn.  spawn should NEVER be exposed b4 its fully colonized.  layer it in or dump all your spawn in and mix.  just make sure you have substrate on top NOT spawn. 

I would put a layer of sub down then 1 quart spawn, then more sub, then 2 quarts spawn, then rest of sub. 

yeah 3 quarts in 1 and 3 in the other is good.  its what Im doing and its working.lol

a shotgun FC is used for fruiting cakes and/or trays(that will fit). 

its just a whatevermade tub you drill/melt 1/4" holes on all six sides fill with 5" of moist perlite and place your trays/cakes on top of the perlite.

the holes wick up moisture into the FC keeping your humidity @ 95+.  the holes on the bottom create an up current forcing air up through the perlite evaporating moisture and pushing it up around your grow and pushing out old air and Co2.  it does the FAE for you.  you just have to make sure it stays moist by misting your perlite and cakes when needed.

hope this helps.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineSyMaNtiCX66
INFIDEL
Male

#9940097 - 03/09/09 02:50 PM (15 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

ill be incubating quart wbs jars this week for the tek you provided. ill let you know how it goes. one question, ill have 6 quart jars of wbs. when i mix the fully colon. wbs into the coir, will i mix in 5 quarts and then use the 6th for the frosting layer? or can i use 2 on coir and a the 3rd for top layer, so that i have two separate tubs to cut down on contam. the entire grow. Thanks for any help..... E

Im doing the same just got my pressure cooker today, starting liquid cultures.  (for future reference try this once you get your grains down)  Grain LC  that way you have enough inoculation for whatever you want to try.:thumbup:

DONT! I REAPEAT DONT USE A FROSTING LAYER. thats bad info.  make sure you have enough substrate left to fully cover your spawn.  spawn should NEVER be exposed b4 its fully colonized.  layer it in or dump all your spawn in and mix.  just make sure you have substrate on top NOT spawn. 

I would put a layer of sub down then 1 quart spawn, then more sub, then 2 quarts spawn, then rest of sub. 

yeah 3 quarts in 1 and 3 in the other is good.  its what Im doing and its working.lol

its just a whatevermade tub you drill/melt 1/4" holes on all six sides fill with 5" of moist perlite and place your trays/cakes on top of the perlite.

the holes wick up moisture into the FC keeping your humidity @ 95+.  the holes on the bottom create an up current forcing air up through the perlite evaporating moisture and pushing it up around your grow and pushing out old air and Co2.  it does the FAE for you.  you just have to make sure it stays moist by misting your perlite and cakes when needed.

hope this helps.

OH yeah man this helped greatly. thanks. ill keep up with you and post pics. i inoculated 3 days ago. no signs of myc. yet of course. but bought sterile sub. jars and lc from sponsor, so i think im good. their the psylocibe india orisas strain or something like that?? lol thanks again and keep an eye out for me on this page. ill be asking more soon surely,,, peace

--------------------

SyMaNtIcx66...

Ghost Riderz!!!

OfflineCult of veda
Galactic wave ryder

#9943744 - 03/10/09 01:53 AM (15 years, 23 days ago)

snazzy

--------------------
GROWIN IN NUMBERS...

OfflineJesticles
Stranger
    #9959873 - 03/12/09 05:58 PM (15 years, 20 days ago)

sick man. thanks

Offlinechunk911

Loc: Bay Area
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Jesticles] * 1
    #9962407 - 03/13/09 12:18 AM (15 years, 20 days ago)

hey i am about to try my first attempt at growing shrooms using the pf tek. assuming i have a helathy cake and dunk between flushes how much should a single half pint cake yield combining the weight of all the flushes...dry weight of course

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: chunk911] * 1
    #9963339 - 03/13/09 05:28 AM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

how much should a single half pint cake yield combining the weight of all the flushes...dry weight of course

Anything between 5-20 grams, depends on lots of things.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineSyMaNtiCX66
INFIDEL
Male

Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: dead] * 1
    #9981303 - 03/16/09 11:34 AM (15 years, 16 days ago)

dead.... lovin your quote!!! i see right through some pairs of eyes and people would think i was carzy if i told them what i saw.. i did it one time to a girl though and told her what i saw. she cried and ran away.. anyways,
MY THIRD EYE ISN"T THE TV ANYMORE..lol IT"S OPEN!! cool to see you dead..

peace.

--------------------

SyMaNtIcx66...

Ghost Riderz!!!

OfflineSyMaNtiCX66
INFIDEL
Male

#9981451 - 03/16/09 12:01 PM (15 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

lol

hope this helps.

hey man its me again. i was wondering, i see little spots of myc. starting to sprout and colon. the wbs jars. what is the usual real wait time for the full colonization? anyone? i know heat, air, contam, all play a roll but if everything was done right (Hypothetic)lol,,, whats the normal wait time???

thanks...

sign: (i see the white threads,  spinning and twIning from that that is dead, when death becomes life and turns to a shroom, ill eat it, and spirits will float through my room.. is it in my room?,, or is it in me? lets wait on my mono tub to set spirits free,:shroompick::blazed: munch munch... tick tick...:thumbup: (tripping)  i asked the first one of the souls that were dancing,,, to tell me their origin of somewhere enchanting, a finger was pointed,, all looked to me,, then grabbed me by wrist and started scream,,, one looked at my watch,, and smiled with glee,, NO MORE is time gripping him,, these spirits are free....,, what flip of a coin is this trip now,, when we all burn one day, someway, somehow.... lol) sorry, that sucked/// frestyle.. i know this isn't poets corner, just trying to type and tripp ast. i guess this is the place to do it.. lol 

good luck to all!!!!!!!

--------------------

SyMaNtIcx66...

Ghost Riderz!!!

InvisibleFractalXplora
Grainiack
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Shroomery and mushroom cultivation, a newcomers guide. [Re: Nibin] * 1
    #9994571 - 03/18/09 11:49 AM (15 years, 14 days ago)

oh sweet, Ive been away for a few years, this threads just recapped all I knew in half an hour! thought I'd forgotton all I'd leant here.!!!

thanks and happy  growing all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale